Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

6 minutes ago, jrcarn said:

I can understand why they would be one of the '6' but I'm not really sure why it has to be 6.  They haven't won the league for 60 years.  Surely a team like Valencia or Sevilla has more right to be there as a fourth Spanish team.  The word 'right' is, of course, hypothetical as no one has the right to this nonsense.   

Because with 5 they can be voted out of the PL.

Surely they don't get the ability to vote on expelling themselves and each other?

Wait which one of you idiots voted against ourselves? 

..sorry I got confused under the pressure..

Edited by toontownman

16 minutes ago, jrcarn said:

I can understand why they would be one of the '6' but I'm not really sure why it has to be 6.  They haven't won the league for 60 years.  Surely a team like Valencia or Sevilla has more right to be there as a fourth Spanish team.  The word 'right' is, of course, hypothetical as no one has the right to this nonsense.   

They've got the money and infrastructure.

4 hours ago, Candi_Hills said:

Any chance this is just to gain leverage of the PL just as they're about to pass our takeover through?

"Allow the takeover and we're leaving."

"Allow Leicester to do well again and we're off"

I’m not being serious here but would the Saudis pass any Super League O&D test and if so could they show their dosh and offer to join up? Intertoto Certificate plus countless billions, good enough.

We’d be left in position we’re I’d rather have Ashley as owner.

Guest reefatoon

Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest to see Ashley pull the plug on it and go crawling up the super leagues arse for a seat on the gravy train. Happy to be the whipping boy of the league as long as he can get that cash.

Guest reefatoon
21 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

:lol: Newcastle United wouldn't be anywhere near an invite :lol: 

Exactly right, but it wouldn’t stop Ashley sending his little lap dog Charnley around to dish out the blozzers. Mike will be seething he is not in on the filthy cash.

7 hours ago, jrcarn said:

Good point.  

7 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

Because with 5 they can be voted out of the PL.

Not following the argument here. What is significant about 6 versus 5 clubs? Some sort of quorum rule?

4 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Not following the argument here. What is significant about 6 versus 5 clubs? Some sort of quorum rule?

There was something quoted earlier today about needing a 75% vote share (special resolution) to enforce the rule re not joining another league and expel an offending member.

3 hours ago, Ben said:

I think this situation makes the takeover easier but I'm not convinced the Saudis would want to invest without the top 6 and champions league 

I’d go further and suggest the Super League proposal slashed the value of our club (and all other not-Super clubs). There’s no way NUFC can be properly valued today (or in a week, possibly even a month before things shake out).

Even if arbitration ends successfully today, the takeover doesn’t happen until the consortium and Ashley agree to a price. Fortunately, Ashley is a skilled negotiator with a long track record of making good deals...

11 hours ago, jrcarn said:

For voting purposes in the PL. They remove the majority. 

4 hours ago, reefatoon said:

Exactly right, but it wouldn’t stop Ashley sending his little lap dog Charnley around to dish out the blozzers. Mike will be seething he is not in on the filthy cash.

Imaging Steve Bruce rubbing shoulders with the football elite is just [emoji38]