Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Because 12 months ago a deal was in place to buy the club and we just needed to pass the O&D test.

Now there is no deal in place, the deal has been blocked with two complex legal procedures in the way.

It’s hardly rocket science. You’re in the wrong thread posting your unrealistic nonsense.

Hard to argue with that in it’s current state of play. Though I’m sure some will try and put a rainbow on top of it. 

BTW my thoughts are not me trying to be pessimistic, it's just the fact that the top clubs want a closed shop with all the money, they are very poorly run clubs that are hemorrhaging money and will ( and are) fighting tooth and nail against this takeover, the current system of FFP should have stopped these clubs years ago.

However they are all at the top table and have ate all the food with only scraps left, another club turning up with a knife and fork can fuck right off.

1 hour ago, manorpark said:

Realism is best, in fact it is the 'only' way to be.

Just look at the information we have, then join up all the dots, and you come to the ONLY answer - the logical answer.

ph7Uo01sKO3x.jpg

:lol:

Would love for you to try it out one day dude.

(do I need to ps this with the fact that I still believe the takeover goes through? wouldn’t want to be too negative). 

Edited by cubaricho

7 hours ago, Kaizero said:

The negative wankers are just as annoying, if not more so, as the positive wankers. Nobody fucking knows. Chill out for a minute, god damn. Live your life, go for a walk, find a hobby.

Hmm, maybe you have a point here. 

But wait......

Just look at the information we have, then join up all the dots, and you come to the ONLY answer - the logical answer.

Point ruined.

I'm pessimistic about it happening purely because we're NUFC. I think the cartel will manage to pay off the right people.

But..

- Mike is trying to sell us. In fact, he's hellbent on getting a sale.

- The 3 party consortium do still want to buy us.

- Keith's a top bloke who's put his own time and effort into helping NUFC. I don't care if he's a bald, uncool gobshite or not.

- We are going to court for a sale and we probably do have a strong legal case.

- The delays are frustrating but make perfect sense in the context of what has happened and you don't need a conspiracy to explain them.

- We aren't being lied to or fobbed by anyone. Unless you happen to follow Burnsie.

- The deal is ON inasmuch as it's being fervently pursued. The Bin Zayed deal is dead in the water. This deal clearly isn't.

Guest reefatoon

Fuck them, just buy the club now and every time they try to appeal/take legal action, we can just keep kicking the can down the road like these bastards are. Play the cunts at their own game.

Edited by reefatoon

3 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

I'm pessimistic about it happening purely because we're NUFC. I think the cartel will manage to pay off the right people.

But..

- Mike is trying to sell us. In fact, he's hellbent on getting a sale.

- The 3 party consortium do still want to buy us.

- Keith's a top bloke who's put his own time and effort into helping NUFC. I don't care if he's a bald, uncool gobshite or not.

- We are going to court for a sale and we probably do have a strong legal case.

- The delays are frustrating but make perfect sense in the context of what has happened and you don't need a conspiracy to explain them.

- We aren't being lied to or fobbed by anyone. Unless you happen to follow Burnsie.

- The deal is ON inasmuch as it's being fervently pursued. The Bin Zayed deal is dead in the water. This deal clearly isn't.

Well put, this deal is still very much alive and as you say the BZG deal is one I would class as "Dead in the Water" along with Peter Kenyons and GACP consortium.. Lets not forget Barry Moat !! lol

9 hours ago, Kaizero said:

The negative wankers are just as annoying, if not more so, as the positive wankers. Nobody fucking knows. Chill out for a minute, god damn. Live your life, go for a walk, find a hobby.

What’s annoying is people who think they KNOW what will happen and try to convince others. Nobody knows.

45 minutes ago, Collage said:

What’s annoying is people who think they KNOW what will happen and try to convince others. Nobody knows.

Not entirely true. We know enough to know it's either going to go for us or against us. And we know by what mechanisms each path will be achieved.

It's all on the judges ruling regarding jurisdiction in the CAT case.

If that argument is being submitted on the 11th June, we should hopefully have an answer by July.

7 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Not entirely true. We know enough to know it's either going to go for us or against us. And we know by what mechanisms each path will be achieved.

It's all on the judges ruling regarding jurisdiction in the CAT case.

If that argument is being submitted on the 11th June, we should hopefully have an answer by July.

If you have an understanding about law you’re more qualified to predict what the outcome should be but nobody can claim to know whether or not we’ll get a change of ownership.

2 hours ago, cubaricho said:

:lol:

Would love for you to try it out one day dude.

(do I need to ps this with the fact that I still believe the takeover goes through? wouldn’t want to be too negative). 

365 days of the year, every year, but I think you must know that already.

Im optimistic itll get done.

We have a owner willing to sell and a consortium willing to buy.

Even if the legal shit proves the PL were above board and the consortium deal falls apart - we still have a owner willing to sell.

1 hour ago, gdm said:

How are people not utterly sick of all this now?

That tweet is also assuming that the PL won't simply settle if their bid to have CAT stopped is unsuccessful.

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

Who was it on here who told me the CAT wouldn't take long? :lol:

Me me me!

From the CAT site: 6 to 9 months usually for a cese to be completed.

Ashley filed the case in May, so the earliest the case could be completed is November the latest is Februari 2022.

It match the tweet.

But....

The British legal system is bent, the PL undoubtly have the judges in their pocket. No hope for NUFC.

Repeat after me... "Ashley is here forever"

39 minutes ago, Collage said:

If you have an understanding about law you’re more qualified to predict what the outcome should be but nobody can claim to know whether or not we’ll get a change of ownership.

I absolutely agree, it's why I think those who are just waiting, expecting it to happen will be devastated if things go the other way, which they very easily could.

The CAT rules have a provision for challenging jurisdiction, so I'd be interested to know how many times this has happened and how many times its been successful.

Either way it's going to to be a very slow month or two for news regarding this so this thread and the other is going to become a quite toxic

Having to wait for July already means its to late for next season and hasn't been fast tracked.

I know it's been said a million times but if this was a top 6 club any issues with ownership would be sorted long before now, the Ruben's could have been puppet owners using Saudi cash or some deal like that, it just seems like amateur hour.

4 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Over on the optimism thread, it will 99.9% be fast tracked🤠

That's actually not what we want.

One of the reasons of bringing about an expedited CAT case was for disclosure and evidence that they could use in the arbitration case and to put them under massive pressure.

It suits the PL to have the arbitration go first as it's all behind closed doors. Plus it's also the case they are more likely to win.

13 minutes ago, Ben said:

Having to wait for July already means its to late for next season and hasn't been fast tracked.

I know it's been said a million times but if this was a top 6 club any issues with ownership would be sorted long before now, the Ruben's could have been puppet owners using Saudi cash or some deal like that, it just seems like amateur hour.

Undoubtedly the Man City ownership model has one extra company set up to differentiate it from what is basically their sovereign wealth fund. Is Al Nahyan not a potential shadow director of City, or for that matter did Mansour even sit the O&D test. The PL test should supposedly be applied to current owners every season.

Along with proving separation I’m quite sure De Marco will be using other ownership examples to show how unreasonable and inconsistent the PL’s approach to shadow directorship has been in this takeover.

Edited by Whitley mag

One question all Newcastle fans should ask themselves when it comes to the takeover is this..

If the EPL are as confident as some of the Anti Takeover press seem to indicate then why are they fighting hard to get the CAT case thrown out and asking for extensions to deadlines..

If there that confident they would be like "Ok bring it on"  

The CAT case will be crucial and when disclosure is finalised then its going to open a rather large can of worms within the EPL