Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

24 minutes ago, DurhamMag said:

One question all Newcastle fans should ask themselves when it comes to the takeover is this..

If the EPL are as confident as some of the Anti Takeover press seem to indicate then why are they fighting hard to get the CAT case thrown out and asking for extensions to deadlines..

If there that confident they would be like "Ok bring it on"  

The CAT case will be crucial and when disclosure is finalised then its going to open a rather large can of worms within the EPL

Exactly their own rule book told them to reject it, yet they felt compelled to offer arbitration out of the goodness of their heart. They didn’t reject it because they would have been exposed under a court of appeal by now.

25 minutes ago, DurhamMag said:

One question all Newcastle fans should ask themselves when it comes to the takeover is this..

If the EPL are as confident as some of the Anti Takeover press seem to indicate then why are they fighting hard to get the CAT case thrown out and asking for extensions to deadlines..

The CAT case will be crucial and when disclosure is finalised then its going to open a rather large can of worms within the EPL

That’s not really how it works at all.

Getting the case thrown out before it even starts is ideal. They don’t have to go through any court case at all.

Even if they are 95% certain they’ll win, getting the case thrown out removes the 5% possibility of losing.

Nobody can go into a court case being 100% certain they’ll win. So it’s fairly straightforward to want to challenge it. 

4 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Over on the optimism thread, it will 99.9% be fast tracked🤠

For goodness sake, let's change the title of the "Optimism Thread" to the "Realism Thread", to accurately reflect the truth.

It will not be long now until you all realise the truth.

20 minutes ago, manorpark said:

For goodness sake, let's change the title of the "Optimism Thread" to the "Realism Thread", to accurately reflect the truth.

IaAowFC.jpg

Whichever takeover thread you go into, either this or the positive one, it's actually discussing the same topics and points over and over and over again. Just keep going in circles. If there is a small development, there'd be arguments popping up all over the thread and usually involves the same people and topics. Absolutely tiresome.

Glad the Euros will be here soon. Think Copa America would be nice too. If this takeover happens, it happens and I'd gladly be surprised about it. Not going to follow all the bits and pieces anymore. Invested a lot of time and energy over the past year doing that.

3 hours ago, DurhamMag said:

You don't seriously need that explaining to you, do you? 

46 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Whichever takeover thread you go into, either this or the positive one, it's actually discussing the same topics and points over and over and over again. Just keep going in circles. If there is a small development, there'd be arguments popping up all over the thread and usually involves the same people and topics. Absolutely tiresome.

Glad the Euros will be here soon. Think Copa America would be nice too. If this takeover happens, it happens and I'd gladly be surprised about it. Not going to follow all the bits and pieces anymore. Invested a lot of time and energy over the past year doing that.

I say there should be a 3rd thread "Verified takeover news only"

It would be empty but you know...

The problem is, it's in no one's interests outside of Newcastle for the Saudi takeover to go through. You can understand why the PL would be hoping the courts would support them. It's NUFC against the rest of England in a way, and the PL is representing the rest of England. I think the case would have to be iron clad to persuade a judge to go against the PL. 

Luke knows this and he's enjoying it immensely. 

22 minutes ago, TRon said:

The problem is, it's in no one's interests outside of Newcastle for the Saudi takeover to go through. You can understand why the PL would be hoping the courts would support them. It's NUFC against the rest of England in a way, and the PL is representing the rest of England. I think the case would have to be iron clad to persuade a judge to go against the PL. 

I tend to agree. 

32 minutes ago, TRon said:

It has pretty much nil impact on anyone outside of football so I'm not too sure how much a judge is going to be swayed by the PL. Though we should probably attempt to dismiss any judge who supports a big 6 team due to bias :D

One thing is for sure. If it does somehow go against all the odds and get passed through, the likes of Slater will be doing anything in their power from there on to unsettle us as a club. They aren't just going to let this go.

25 minutes ago, Wandy said:

One thing is for sure. If it does somehow go against all the odds and get passed through, the likes of Slater will be doing anything in their power from there on to unsettle us as a club. They aren't just going to let this go.

Ask Man City fans they say the same, but even though it does piss them off a bit, they can enjoy a total enjoyment of watching great football and an ever increasing amount of trophies. If we are lucky enough to actually get this takeover, we will no doubt receive even more bad press than Man City, but we can look forward to having a club trying to achieve the best they can and probably going onto a different level. We didn’t win anything under Keegan (and to a lesser extent Robson), but those days of actually being excited about going to a game and being entertained is the one thing I would love to witness again. The next few months is probably our final chance for an eternity for that to happen. I’m at the stage of finally turning my back for what could be a probable number of years on something I love deeply and had over 40 years of being a season ticket holder (through good and bad). I just can’t take one more year of Ashley dismantling the enjoyment brick by brick any longer. 

51 minutes ago, RS said:

The government probably want it. 

Someone coming in an spending millions in the North without any need for government money, while the government make a shit load of tax out of it? I'd say they most definitely want it. 

They won't give a shit about the football but the prospect of development would certainly make them welcome it. 

Edited by Scotty66

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Ask Man City fans they say the same, but even though it does piss them off a bit, they can enjoy a total enjoyment of watching great football and an ever increasing amount of trophies. If we are lucky enough to actually get this takeover, we will no doubt receive even more bad press than Man City, but we can look forward to having a club trying to achieve the best they can and probably going onto a different level. We didn’t win anything under Keegan (and to a lesser extent Robson), but those days of actually being excited about going to a game and being entertained is the one thing I would love to witness again. The next few months is probably our final chance for an eternity for that to happen. I’m at the stage of finally turning my back for what could be a probable number of years on something I love deeply and had over 40 years of being a season ticket holder (through good and bad). I just can’t take one more year of Ashley dismantling the enjoyment brick by brick any longer. 

I'm in pretty much a similar situation. 1985 when I started going. My heart says this takeover will happen but my head says it won't. There are people in key positions that will ensure it will be blocked, and that will be the end for me. I couldn't continue to watch football knowing how deeply corrupt the game is at the highest level.

Don't get me wrong though, if it does somehow happen, I welcome all of the envy, animosity and antagonism that will come with it. Most loathed club in the country? Bring it on.

9 hours ago, manorpark said:

Honestly I was just being a tease:hom: