NUFC vs Man City - 14/05/21 @ 8pm (live on Sky)

Paully

10 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

I don't see the point in a protest right now, let the so called big six wreck their own stadiums. We've got a takeover to think about and a relegation to fight against, two things which might be related. This just seem like an excuse to cause trouble and look like wankers.

Now is exactly the time.

We can’t organise a piss up in a brewery man , for a set of fans that moan so much we do fuk all about it .

anyway 0-2 easy win for a proper club. 

1 hour ago, Cronky said:

Bad idea right now. We're likely to be still fighting relegation, and it's a distraction to the players. The protest wouldn't be happening if the team was doing well, so even if the players are not the intended target, it's giving them the message that they're not good enough. 

I've been reading on here for ten years that an empty stadium would be a distraction to the players and that they'd collapse into a sobbing mess without Jim from Birtley's presence in the East Stand there to reassure them.

Weird, turns out that was a load of complete horseshit.

32 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Personally, I'd contact Steve Wraith and the Magpie Group, those guys are full of good ideas.

Talked to Magpie Group a couple weeks back in regards to protests.

Wraith might give his coffin an airing. Could plaster it in awful shitty advertising now though and make a few quid. Just like Ashley did with SJP. 

Edited by JeffJ

'CROSSED PATHS'

With his stupid fucking pyatt on the side. Could advertise his latest project involving The Krays I suppose, too.

The absolute creep.

Edited by Sima

For me, it's more that it seems to be jumping on the protest bandwagon for the sake of it. What exactly is the aim of a protest right now? The club are already aware they we don't like the owner and want them out and we're currently waiting on an arbitration to complete before anything else happens. There's not much else anyone can do, the club's not going to be sold any quicker and the current owner isn't going to spend anything improving things while things are in the works (not that he would anyway). So all in all, a protest at our ground serves no purpose, other than perhaps reinforcing the so called top six's belief that they're move important than the rest of us.

13 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

For me, it's more that it seems to be jumping on the protest bandwagon for the sake of it. What exactly is the aim of a protest right now? The club are already aware they we don't like the owner and want them out and we're currently waiting on an arbitration to complete before anything else happens. There's not much else anyone can do, the club's not going to be sold any quicker and the current owner isn't going to spend anything improving things while things are in the works (not that he would anyway). So all in all, a protest at our ground serves no purpose, other than perhaps reinforcing the so called top six's belief that they're move important than the rest of us.

Yeah -  it's bandwagon jumping, but it's also about raising awareness of what's going on at NUFC. Most other supporters know we don't like Ashley, but do they really know why/the ins/outs? We've been laughed at for the last 14 years - now the tide is turning and it's time to take advantage of the media focus. Perhaps get supporters from other clubs involved too.

15 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Does it matter if we're jumping on the band wagon?

Guest neesy111
Just now, The Prophet said:

Does it matter if we're jumping on the band wagon?

I think his views, match his username.  Armchair pundit/fan.

5 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Yeah -  it's bandwagon jumping, but it's also about raising awareness of what's going on at NUFC. Most other supporters know we don't like Ashley, but do they really know why/the ins/outs? We've been laughed at for the last 14 years - now the tide is turning and it's time to take advantage of the media focus. Perhaps get supporters from other clubs involved too.

I found Jenas' comments interesting (first time for everything) when he was saying he's not a Man United fan so as he's watching from the outside it's not fair for him to pass judgement on what's happened to their club and what they feel they, as fans, need to do about it. That's exactly the sort of attitude that isn't afforded to our fanbase by the media. 

Edited by Joey Linton

Guest neesy111
4 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

I found Jenas' comments interesting (first time for everything) when he was saying he's not a Man United fan so as he's watching from the outside it's not fair for him to pass judgement on what's happened to their club and what they feel they, as fans, need to do about it. That's exactly the sort of attitude that isn't afforded to our fanbase by the media. 

Completely agree with the hypocrisy of the media with us.  Although, have we shown enough that we really want Mike Ashley gone to get the media to properly notice?  I don't think so.

6 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Completely agree with the hypocrisy of the media with us.  Although, have we shown enough that we really want Mike Ashley gone to get the media to properly notice?  I don't think so.

Maybe something for NUST to do. But probably a discussion for their own thread really. 

20 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Delusion is often bandied about by the media for our supporters, I think if anyone seriously thinks having a protest about Mike Ashley's reign off the back of these supposed top six clubs would have any impact whatsoever on what other team's supporters might think could well be fitting that bill. We don't have it as bad as them, we're not as important and we shouldn't expect things above our station, that's how we're seen, to other supporters it's doubtful we'd even be an afterthought.

22 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

I think his views, match his username.  Armchair pundit/fan.

Bandwagon jumping protests is why they get hijacked by pricks that only go there to cause trouble. I have yet to see a good reason for our fans to protest at the current time, unless it's against the supposed top teams not getting any punishment for their ESL actions.

Midfield 3 of Willock, Longstaff and Almiron should be playing. Maxi and Wilson up top. Same back 5. Give the arm band to Clark, Fede, Dummett or Dubravka. 

What are you going to protest against?

• Big Six
  • ESL
  • Masters & Hoffman
  • Ashley
  • Bruce?

To be honest, football isn't worth protesting about.   If you want to do something - then don't buy sky sports, BT sports, don't attend any games and don't buy football merchandise.   The biggest statement fans can make is empty stadiums when lock down ends.

Breaking into football stadiums, slashing police officers faces, will get the short term headlines but for all the wrong reasons.

Imagine Sky sports broadcasting games in empty stadiums to fans that aren't watching, the PL and Sky would break in weeks.   However it will need a collective fan effort and one I don't think will materialise!

7 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

To be honest, football isn't worth protesting about.   If you want to do something - then don't buy sky sports, BT sports, don't attend any games and don't buy football merchandise.   The biggest statement fans can make is empty stadiums when lock down ends.

Breaking into football stadiums, slashing police officers faces, will get the short term headlines but for all the wrong reasons.

Imagine Sky sports broadcasting games in empty stadiums to fans that aren't watching, the PL and Sky would break in weeks.   However it will need a collective fan effort and one I don't think will materialise!

The core of our fans still don't understand this, Ashley couldn't give a damn about a protest outside the ground but he cares about the money he gets from. Remember the 10k giveaway? Remember when we hardly got selected on TV before covid?

Honestly I don't care how many years you've supported us.if you still continue to feed this man you aren't a fan you can easily still follow us

Edited by astraguy

3 minutes ago, astraguy said:

The core of our fans still don't understand this, Ashley couldn't give a damn about a protest outside the ground but he cares about the money he gets from. Remember the 10k giveaway? Remember when we hardly got selected on TV before covid?

Honestly I don't care how many years you've supported us.if you still continue to feed this man you aren't a fan you can easily still follow us

People vote Tory.

2 hours ago, Armchair Pundit said:

This

5 hours ago, Cronky said:

Bad idea right now. We're likely to be still fighting relegation, and it's a distraction to the players. The protest wouldn't be happening if the team was doing well, so even if the players are not the intended target, it's giving them the message that they're not good enough. 

When is there ever a good time to protest? You wouldn't be protesting if everything was nice and rosy, would you now? That's why we've been stuck with the same shitty owner for 14 years. For fear of fuck all to take action. Of course there needs to be a proper purpose behind the protest but collectively, we can't even begin to agree a protest needs to take place before it even happens ffs. 

Edited by nufcjb

Our protest would be a mess.

You would have people protesting against Ashley which is pointless and he already knows.

You would have others protesting for our takeover to be approved, which is just going to make us look like idiots and look like we are encouraging a submissive regime to takeover our club for the riches (in the eyes of everyone else).

You would have a few people on the protesting against the ESL, which again would be pointless because it’s not happening.

You would have fewer still protesting for better fan representation/ownership. That is worthy of protesting for, but it will be overshadowed by all of the above.

On top of this the police will be waiting for any opportunity to take in protestors and to turn it violent.

I’m not against the protest for the right reasons, but NUFC’s opportunity and position to protest has passed.