Round of 16 | Sweden 1-2 Ukraine

Unbelievable

Just now, neesy111 said:

Undeserved that.  Portugal the better side.

Yeah I thought they looked the better side, but goals change games.

Belgium look a bit immature IMO. Quite lucky not to concede and be knackered in ET, they had so little interest in taking care of the ball.

Portugal opting not to use the oceans of space down the side of the wide centre backs and just lumping it into the box from shit angles is one of the more baffling decisions of the evening.

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

Undeserved that.  Portugal the better side.

Yeah, I was disappointed with Belgium considering they have a front three of Hazard, De Bruyne and Lukaku. They didn't move the ball around anywhere like Portugal did, but Portugal were pretty poor up front. 

Just now, Disco said:

Portugal opting not to use the oceans of space down the side of the wide centre backs and just lumping it into the box from shit angles is one of the more baffling decisions of the evening.

They have pace they didn't bother to exploit much in that match. Agree with your assessment here. 

Guest neesy111

That Portugal side would be better without it accomodating CR considering the options they have.

Again, more questions than answers for me.

Is that Belgium side really going to win this tournament? Noone standing out thus far.

Every side has a blotch on their copybook, whether it's results or performances. 

Captivating second half and I thought Belgium were really good. Portugal forced a couple of chances but you'd expect them to, Belgium neutralised them pretty well on the whole. Thought both Hazards were excellent.