SF1: Italy 1-1 Spain (4-2 pens)

Yorkie

Guest HTT II
Just now, ElDiablo said:

Morata is such a wet lettuce, if you're not confident, blast one man.

He is a decent CF in general play, but so pathetic in front of goal and mentally as fragile as a shop full of China with a raging bull rampaging around. Weak weak weak. 

Gutted that Italy did it, this was the first time I'd been impressed by Spain all tournament.

Although I didn't get the BBC hype about it being an exhilarating all-time classic. It was ok, certainly got better over time.

As for Morata..... what a joke. Ballsed up everything except his goal, which makes me think that was also a mistake.

8 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

I hope Harry Kane was watching that and thinking of a plan to psych him out if it did come down to pens...(and of course England win tomorrow) 

Kane will probably just lick him.

Dog dirt.

Edited by Sima

6 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Gutted that Italy did it, this was the first time I'd been impressed by Spain all tournament.

Although I didn't get the BBC hype about it being an exhilarating all-time classic. It was ok, certainly got better over time.

As for Morata..... what a joke. Ballsed up everything except his goal, which makes me think that was also a mistake.

It was a good game of football though - the first 90s especially was quality. 

24 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Agreed that I didn't think it was a classic, though it was tense in that it always felt on a knife edge. Thought it was quite a frustrating game really, not that many chances and the ones which did come about were usually spurned in the most infuriating ways. 

33 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Another great game if not exactly great football, happy to play Italy in the final if we make it rather than Spain. We have nothing to be afraid of. Mancini though man, great manager and they have been a breath of fresh air, so un Italy like yet still retaining their Italy DNA if that makes sense. 

Italy seem like they have run out of gas midway into the quarter final. They look a little bit tired. England have a great chance. But have to get past Denmark first. 

I really enjoyed that. Spain were the better side on the night, but its difficult to argue Italy don't deserve to be in the final.

Promising stuff for England and Denmark though. Spain marshalled Jorginho and forced Italy to play over the top. They never really settled.

Italy are masters at doing what it takes and they got themselves over the line. I'd back them to do the same in the final.

57 minutes ago, Andy said:

Would rather play Italy in the final than Spain like, we always struggle against their brand of football. Not that getting there is by any means a foregone conclusion mind. 

It'll be a much better game whoever gets there. This Spanish side does nothing for me, and if it was them against this England side, I could have seen that final being an utter bore fest. 

I thought it was a wonderful match , the technical ability from both sides was incredible.  Sure there's been more "exciting," games but that 90 mins was out of the top drawer. One of the best games I've seen in years . Wonderful. 

Is it a bit strange that Belotti's spent most of his time at Torino? Looks a great striker and his goalscoring record is good too, but those guys are such Serie A also-rans.