SF2: England 2-1 Denmark

Yorkie

8 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

Angelos Charisteas scored the same amount Kane has so far and scored the winner than clenched the title for the Greeks in 2004, what is this slander of a living cult hero.

Oh ffs stop reminding me of that.

Edited by jotenko

I'd be 100% going to a back 3 and playing with wingbacks again like against Germany.

Ukraine let us play through them but Denmark won't. For Denmark read Croatia/Czech games where we largely struggled to play with much freedom.

Bring Saka/Trippier back in.

The one positive I can take from watching Denmark in this tournament is that they were blowing out their arse in the last game, luckily for them so were the Czechs. If we do win this one it's likely to be in the final 3rd of the 90 when our superior fitness at this point will make a play.

27 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

The one positive I can take from watching Denmark in this tournament is that they were blowing out their arse in the last game, luckily for them so were the Czechs. If we do win this one it's likely to be in the final 3rd of the 90 when our superior fitness at this point will make a play.

We can also effectively bring on players of the same quality with 20-30mins left and keep the intensity up.

Be amazed if it wasn't the same lineup as the Germany game. Their high pressing style is impressive but it was noticeably less effective in the last round where they couldn't reach the same intensity and looked fatigued. We have some of the best on the ball CBs to deal with the press though and I feel like we don't throw enough forward to where we look too vulnerable to the counter. As other have said we should have a big advantage the later the game goes in terms of fitness and substitutes.

I'm confident but it's certainly an awkward opposition to play against. No doubt the nerves will go into overdrive the closer it gets mind.

Agreed, Denmark are more likely to go for a low block after playing in high temperatures last time out. 

I'll be interested to see what Southgate goes for. 3-4-3 would nullify their threat down the flanks, 4-3-3 would allow us to throw an extra attack minded player on.

Well - how nice. Seems like your quiet confident, as usual.

Have you checked Denmarks last 50 games or so record) - and the last 2 against England?

Playing at Wembley without many Danish supporters makes you favorites. Sad situation.

You have solid team - but without Kane and Sterling you´re average.

Do not celebrate too early!

We have everything to win - the group is the strongest ever and morale is sky high!

Im hoping for an entertaining game - May the best team win!

21 minutes ago, sugoinufc said:

Have you checked Denmarks last 50 games or so record) - and the last 2 against England?

Playing at Wembley without many Danish supporters makes you favorites. Sad situation.

We have everything to win - the group is the strongest ever and morale is sky high!

Since when has this forum ever been confident about England winning? :lol:

22 minutes ago, sugoinufc said:

This post seems to start with an accusation that England are overconfident before going on to say that they're rubbish and Denmark are definitely going to win. Who's being overconfident again?

2 hours ago, sugoinufc said:

I'd class myself as reassured that we are capable of winning, nothing more. It's a major international semi and there are no guarantees even for modern day Greece. I do agree that we are pretty tame without Kane, but we are only without him if his head isn't right, rarely because the opposition can stop him. His head seems to be in the right place, just at the right time.

I wish you luck, and hope for a good game.

2 hours ago, Wullie said:

This post seems to start with an accusation that England are overconfident before going on to say that they're rubbish and Denmark are definitely going to win. Who's being overconfident again?

If you take away our best players, we aren't as good. Mind blowing stuff, isn't it? :undecided:

2 hours ago, sugoinufc said:

If our side without Kane and Sterling is average then your boys are worse than farmers bruv.