SF2: England 2-1 Denmark

Yorkie

13 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I hope its Tyldesley and McCoist.

It won't be. Tyldesley got binned off the number 1 spot for that dreary knob Matterface. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It won't be. Tyldesley got binned off the number 1 spot for that dreary knob Matterface. 

I reckon the reason why the dreadful Matterface is getting all these top gigs is he lets the producers see all the juicy pics of Natalie Sawyer he's got on his phone.

Guest HTT II

I think this will go like the Spain vs Italy match in some way, although hopefully with an England win and no penalties. I’m confident, but nervous, and of course given it’s England, I’m expecting the worst and wouldn’t be surprised if that materialised…. Such a range of emotions, but this is what football is all about and I wouldn’t have it any other way, to feel alive again about football, about England, about the game, after this shitty year and a half with Covid and the last decade plus under Ashley is such a tonic for my own mental health, self esteem and emotions. The last time I was this involved with England was Euro ‘96 where we just failed short of ‘bringing it home’, now is the time and we’ve never had a better chance. Dare to dream, dare to believe, he who dares wins, come on England, Gareth and the boys. 

Don't see it quite as tight as some. Denmark have been beaten twice. The main reason they are in the semi is because they had the Czech Republic in the last round.

I'm not saying it will be easy, but it shouldn't be more difficult than the Germany game for example.

Edited by STM

2 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

I get what you're saying and I'm the same, I want to enjoy it, but I'm naturally wary and a bit of a pessimist. Yes, I've posted "It's coming home" in this very thread but it's been a bit tongue-in-cheek.

FWIW, I'm not saying there's an arrogance, I just think having been here before and failed, there's no harm in being a little more apprehensive.

Maybe it's just the people I surround myself with, but in the last 24 hours I've had people talk to me about the game going on like Denmark are San Marino and lots of chatter about what plans they've already made to watch England in the final on Sunday. There's not been any "if we get there" suffix. With some people I just find that belief/hope morphs into expectation.

Again, as above, maybe it's the Newcastle fan in me that makes such reservations commonplace.

You say this, but how do we know you're not a raging racist homophobe that drowns puppies? Or rather, I'm certain there is a tongue in cheek element to everybody that uses it.

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Can’t really focus right now, got a bath with my daughter from 7-8 but I just want to watch the build up

You are bathing with your daughter?