PIF and RB Sports & Media - Darren Eales to step down from CEO after being diagnosed with blood cancer.

Yorkie

1 minute ago, NE27 said:

So who determines what is a fair amount for sponsorship?

What if we just started low with a related party, and every season bumped it up and quoted worldwide interest in the club alongside (fingers crossed) slow progression up the league means it's worth more?

Whilst the general idea is fine, because going from 4m per season to 100m seems bonkers. But commercially we have been stunted by Ashley and became a toxic brand. 

Under new ownership, we could essentially get a larger deal by the very fact he's not associated anymore.

Just feels flakey at best and reactionary.

It is, the sole goal is to knee cap us and prevent us from challenging. 

The pathetic fucks are shitting themselves. 

As others have said, none of our competitors gave a shit about a fair playing field when the club was being paid well under market value to plaster tat over every available surface.

Consider any future astronomical deals delayed recompense, you corrupt fucks. :aww:

What happens if we break FFP rules anyway? Banned from European competition for a season (which we are unlikely to be in next season)? Transfer embargo for a season like Chelsea? Or a paltry fine?

Really nothing painful enough to stop us from breaking the bank for one season.

Just now, LRD said:

What happens if we break FFP rules anyway? Banned from European competition for a season (which we are unlikely to be in next season)? Transfer embargo for a season like Chelsea? Or a paltry fine?

Really nothing painful enough to stop us from breaking the bank for one season.

Because it’s us, we would probably get a points deduction 

Just now, 54 said:

Got to say, I do find this whole "communication" concept a little odd.

It’s like years of domestic abuse, and your new partner asks “are you OK” got to get used to this care & consideration from the owners . I bloody love it ♥️

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Wow, that is really interesting. Surprised by that tbh.

I was reading something in the paper this morning about some pressure group meeting with NUFC to discuss refraining from dressing as arabs. Surprised the club took any notice though, seems an infringement of civil liberties to me. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I was reading something in the paper this morning about some pressure group meeting with NUFC to discuss refraining from dressing as arabs. Surprised the club took any notice though, seems an infringement of civil liberties to me. 

Yeah, I'm very surprised, but they've worded the statement very well, and I think it's a fair enough request by the club so as not to attract any unnecessary attention, even though it shouldn't really, but it's good the leadership at the club are sensitive to the situation.

16 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Pointless though as its harmless and doesn't really offend Arabs, it was making news here on the GCC and everyone was having a good laugh about it.

I understand why they've done it though, they don't want to clash with kick it out so this statement covers that 

43 minutes ago, jdckelly said:

the fact it even had to be said is what annoys me 

In the real world when you get 50k football fans in one stadium, you will get a few divvies dressing up inappropriately so it's not worth getting that annoyed about.