PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

41 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I’ll talk how I wish thanks.

Ive got a lot more right about this process than the majority on here.

‘The Saudis have walked away they said’

’’The CAT case is a load of shite and will be laughed out’

’All this talk of corruption is embarrassing’

I’ve had a right laugh this week watching certain posters on here lap up the CAT case. 

Must be a mental dilemma when our own QC confirmed this was true.

He literally said the previous deal was off and a new one (probably at a lower price) would need to be negotiated.

You’re right though. PIF are lying, our QC is lying. Everyone is wrong apart from you, Keith.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

47 minutes ago, hakka said:

Must be the A-Team. Nobody else could pull it off.

I really hope we've got the A-Team in place, if we have found them.

Got that theme tune running around my mind in a loop now.

51 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I’ll talk how I wish thanks.

Ive got a lot more right about this process than the majority on here.

‘The Saudis have walked away they said’

’’The CAT case is a load of shite and will be laughed out’

’All this talk of corruption is embarrassing’

I’ve had a right laugh this week watching certain posters on here lap up the CAT case. 

Yep, it quite embarrassing for some posters on here after months and months of downplaying their own club's plight, denying every positive news, and labeling any snippet of info as conspiracy.

12 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Must be a mental dilemma when our own QC confirmed this was true.

He literally said the previous deal was off and a new one (probably at a lower price) would need to be negotiated.

You’re right though. PIF are lying, our QC is lying. Everyone is wrong apart from you, Keith.

I didn't read it that way.

Funny that on the other hand the PL were keen to say the deal was still on, if we were successful at arbitration. Because if so, then there'd be no financial loss, and no basis for the case to proceed. Which is what they were trying to argue in the first place.

The trouble with Luke Baldwards is that he's anything but fair and balanced with that summary.

He's declared there's a slim chance of success, but he has nothing to base that on.

Why is he waffling on about a 'burden of proof' in an arbitration case? He's already decided that the PL are right, if that's the case.

Also, the aim of the CAT case is just to 'embarrass and expose' the PL? 

If they're squeaky clean, what could there be to expose? And why should they be embarrassed?

As usual, just a joke of a writer, I won't say journalist.

18 hours ago, gdm said:

It won’t matter a fuck before this is all done and dusted we’ll be practically down 

Will the PL be shitting themselves if the CAT case gets the go-ahead and we are looking certs for relegation?

I imagine if Ashley wins, the damages claim would be huge

Be quite an interesting legal argument if they’d claim that Ashley is justified in neglecting the club and running it into the ground just because the takeover was blocked. And therefore compensation should reflect the cost of relegation. 

He could easily have kept us in the Premier League with a small amount of investment. He got us relegated twice before the takeover was even a thing. 

If the takeover goes through I imagine the consortium would have a manager lined up to replace slug heed, that manager wouldn't come now incase the takeover doesn't happen, they will also not want to sack Bruce then hire someone that would need paying off when new owners come in.

The only option keep Bruce until its to late, I'm my opinion that's now but Ashley will keep him until after Christmas at least.

1 hour ago, 1964 said:

Will the PL be shitting themselves if the CAT case gets the go-ahead and we are looking certs for relegation?

I imagine if Ashley wins, the damages claim would be huge

I said this way back and got shot down as it’s not the PL fault Ashley stuck with Bruce which I can see that point of view 

Any other owner would have a claim. This one has relegated us twice already largely down to chronic persistent lack of investment and employing idiots way out of their leagues. Hasn't get a leg to stand on.

Bruce can both relegate the club and cost him millions and a sale AND negate any claim for damages. Despite that we'll keep the useless c**t on by all means.

But isn’t this a match made in heaven after almost a decade and a half of mismanagment and neglect?

He almost hit the jackpot with PIF (totally undeserved), then it crashed and burned, now he’s desperate for compensation. 

Ashley is not going to turn this around in any way. 

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

How are the PL to blame for the relegation though?

Ashley doesn’t even need to invest, he could l just replace the manager and the relegation wouldn’t happen.

If it was an investment issue, I’d understand it, but it isn’t.

In reality not to blame but would be interesting to see how they'd go about trying to prove Ashley was willfully negligent and therefore responsible for relegation whilst simultaneously defending the legitimacy of their own OADT which is there to supposedly protect clubs.

Edited by Thumbheed

7 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

It clearly has otherwise we'd be rid of Ashley

Regardless of whether PIF still want the club the reality is we are still owned by Ashley 

We are still owned by Ashley and it is awful, as we all know.

It will not be for much longer though, it definitely will not be for much longer.

4 hours ago, Ben said:

If the takeover goes through I imagine the consortium would have a manager lined up to replace slug heed, that manager wouldn't come now incase the takeover doesn't happen, they will also not want to sack Bruce then hire someone that would need paying off when new owners come in.

The only option keep Bruce until its to late, I'm my opinion that's now but Ashley will keep him until after Christmas at least.

Could just sack Bruce and we'd get a lift. It would probably be a bigger lift than any new manager could create.

1 hour ago, Wolfcastle said:

Any other owner would have a claim. This one has relegated us twice already largely down to chronic persistent lack of investment and employing idiots way out of their leagues. Hasn't get a leg to stand on.

Bruce can both relegate the club and cost him millions and a sale AND negate any claim for damages. Despite that we'll keep the useless c**t on by all means.

But Ashley can point to the expert opinions that state, quite clearly, that Bruce isn't out of his depth.

34 minutes ago, manorpark said:

It will not be for much longer though, it definitely will not be for much longer.

:carverlick:

44 minutes ago, manorpark said:

I admire your optimism and I wish I felt the same as it must feel nice 

However it doesn't match with reality, which is that we have Ashley as owner and that will remain the case for a long time yet

Guest reefatoon
23 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I admire your optimism and I wish I felt the same as it must feel nice 

However it doesn't match with reality, which is that we have Ashley as owner and that will remain the case for a long time yet

In fairness there is no reality in Ashley owning the club for a long time yet either. That’s just personal opinion too. Nobody knows what is happening or what is around the corner. The reality is nobody has a clue if we will be taken over or not or how long Ashley will be here.