PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

49 minutes ago, STM said:

I find it bizarre that people think they are "helping" Chelsea. They are trying to attract "stars" to Saudi, in order to boost their footballing presence in the country.

They are signing players from all over the place. It just turns out that Chelsea have more over paid shite on their books than most.

It’s mental I think they have a 5% investment in Clearlake and Clearlake have 60% investment in Chelsea so it’s very small in comparison to the 80% they own of Newcastle but this is the problem we now have when they have a stake in Clearlake, own nufc & 6 Saudi clubs. Leaves them and us wide open for dafties to make up their minds it’s cheating 

39 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Some posters on here are mental. I can't believe anyone is reading anything into this.

This place is mental full stop just look at this, the transfer rumours and the Maddison thread. Any negative clickbait articles/Twitter posts and they're taken as gospel. I've always maintained I take fuck all notice of any journalist or media wannabe until it is official news. I just ignore the transfer/Maddison threads now and I may have to add this one to the list. 

22 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

They have a stake in a PE firm that has many investments. One is Chelsea. If Disney sponsors Man United it doesn't mean PIF are sponsoring man United.

?

i dont mind them taking players off chelsea for the saudi league as long as it means chelsea make a loss on them.

too much conflict of interest shit.

i reckon their league is more of a priority for them than nufc.

should have let chelsea suffer with their failed financial gambles.

4 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

Exactly could be billions - PIF taking the cast offs from Chelsea cannot be pure coincidence and is probably the reason why Chelsea went on a crazy spending spree.

16 minutes ago, duo said:

Exactly could be billions - PIF taking the cast offs from Chelsea cannot be pure coincidence and is probably the reason why Chelsea went on a crazy spending spree.

That thread explains exactly why it could be and is very likely to be exactly that - pure coincidence. As if they're doing it deliberately, man, howay [emoji38]

Yeah I don't think there's nothing dodgy going on with clearlake etc. It's just Chelsea have a boatload of high profile "stars" available for easy sales and are exactly the type of players PIF are wanting to bring attention to their league. 

Also if there's any player who will follow the money regardless of the league or nation, you'll find them at Chelsea. 

It's a massive shame though as I really wanted Chelsea to suffer from the massive spending spree. 

Edited by Scotty66

24 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

That thread explains exactly why it could be and is very likely to be exactly that - pure coincidence. As if they're doing it deliberately, man, howay [emoji38]

Chelsea are in big trouble with FFP.  No Champions League football and already over a hundred million in debt. Yet out of the blue low and behold PIF (who just happen to have billions invested in Clearlake) come to solve their problem.  And you really think that is just a coincidence?

Edited by duo

1 minute ago, duo said:

Chelsea are in big trouble with FFP.  No Champions League football and already over a hundred million in debt. Yet out of the blue low and behold PIF (who just happen to have billions invested in Clearlake) come to solve their problem.  And you really think that is just a coincidence?

Yes. 

10 minutes ago, duo said:

They’re absolutely not though, are they? You can’t just make stuff up to fit an opinion. 

Edited by cubaricho

52 minutes ago, duo said:

That thread literally explained the opposite [emoji38]

12 minutes ago, duo said:

That’s incorrect, they are only in trouble if they don’t sell a homegrown player, mason mount to ManU will balance the FFP books for this season 

2 hours ago, duo said:

They are trying to sign players from all over the Premier League. 

they have a max 5% stake in Clearlake and Clearlake have 60% stake in Chelsea why would they help Chelsea at the expense of hindering Newcastle. The top and bottom, the long and short is they are trying to expand and enhance the Saudi league and do it quickly 

32 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Chelsea just happen to have the perfect profile of players on the fringes of the squad who are on high wages, big reputation, who PIF would be happy to have in their ranks as they grow the league. 

This, plus to add to that the players they have signed or are about to (Kante, Mendy, Koulibaly, Ziyech) are all Muslim so the players will be more keen than others to make that move (plus the crazy money obviously helps)

2 hours ago, nufcnick said:

That’s incorrect, they are only in trouble if they don’t sell a homegrown player, mason mount to ManU will balance the FFP books for this season 

Well they haven't sold him yet and even if they do it'll not be for the price they want.  And that alone doesn't open the doors to allow them to spend big again, that needs more sales and PIF have just gifted them what they need.  Am amazed people aren't even the least bit suspicious.  We're not talking one or two players being pursued it's potentially half a team.