PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

PIF are basically weaving themselves into the ordinary business of these clubs until the relationship gets to the point where they all feel comfortable joining a Saudi led super league. Whether we’ll be taken along for the ride remains to be seen, I have some doubts. Saudi ambitions will be far bigger than just having a good domestic league, and far far bigger than having one good premier league side. When super league time comes and they’re picking clubs get into it, the core member clubs will probably vote us out.

We are one tiny fraction of PIF's portfolio, feel like analysing their every move is simply a waste of time. They care a lot more about getting Riyadh Air a foothold in global airline business than potentially helping our rival. I'm certain the decisions they make regarding our club are made in the best interests of the club but we are still completely insignificant to their big vision.

Edited by Pata

Day-to-day running costs. All these new high-level staff won't come cheap. Our nonplaying wage bill will have increased massively over last 12 months. Wouldn't read too much into it other than club still needs regular cash injections to stay afloat at the level we are now.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Does this essentially just mean we've received a £60million cash injection from the owners?

As others have said, it's most likely OpEx injection. I'll be a good chunk of it will be used for:

• Rent and utilities
  • Wages and salaries (staff, not players as they're purchased using capital generated from the club)
  • Accounting and legal fees
  • Overhead costs such as selling, general, and administrative expenses (SG&A)
  • Property taxes
  • Business travel
  • Interest paid on debt
  • Research and development (R&D) expenses 

I hope a good chunk of that goes into our Digital Growth, we need to up our game and I imagine Dan Ginger will get a good sum to build an experience team focusing on marketing and commercial revenue.

60 million to Chelsea for the shirt sponsorship might be a good deal if it opens up the market for us to compare against.

Chelsea have spent their money up front and the 60 million would just be supporting their annual payments.

However if we then say it's the market value and increase ours to something similar.. that just allows us to more available funds

(and keep me right does that mean we can triple it or does that only count for incoming transfers and ffp )

46 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

60 million to Chelsea for the shirt sponsorship might be a good deal if it opens up the market for us to compare against.

Chelsea have spent their money up front and the 60 million would just be supporting their annual payments.

However if we then say it's the market value and increase ours to something similar.. that just allows us to more available funds

(and keep me right does that mean we can triple it or does that only count for incoming transfers and ffp )

No, because we’re not comparable to Chelsea in terms of size at the moment. This isn’t a ploy to allow us more sponsorship money - this is just our owners sponsoring a rival club to the tune of £60m.  

6 hours ago, Disco said:

If I’m wrong, can somebody educate me here. 

Does this mean PIF have put in 80% (£48m), RB Sports & Media 10% (£6m) and PCP 10% (£6m)?

If so, how much longer can PCP continue to pump that kind of money into the club? Not sure Amanda and Mehrdad are THAT rich. 

3 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Does this mean PIF have put in 80% (£48m), RB Sports & Media 10% (£6m) and PCP 10% (£6m)?

If so, how much longer can PCP continue to pump that kind of money into the club? Not sure Amanda and Mehrdad are THAT rich. 

Don't think so...

Edited by Greg

5 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Will it not be PCPs share which is being sold. Amanda has already stated that their shares may well be diluted in the future. Might not be but seems a possibility. 

Edited by et tu brute

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

What a surprise never mind the fact these leading clubs tried to destroy domestic football.

Utterly desperate, transparent and doomed to failure from the usual suspects.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/sep/07/premier-league-clubs-call-to-block-nation-state-ownership

TBF the club were stupid enough to give it the 'separation proved' crap.  Being owned by a nation state isn't against PL rules.