PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Just now, Geogaddi said:

Our ten year deal renewal came through today , still £467 same price it was on the price freeze from ten years ago, fair play to them for not raising the price mind.

Tremendous that, especially in the current climate of energy price rises. We’ve hit the jackpot with this lot, almost worth the 14 years of misery.

2 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

Our ten year deal renewal came through today , still £467 same price it was on the price freeze from ten years ago, fair play to them for not raising the price mind.

Are we not still in the ten years ? I know each time we were relegated they said it would be added on so 12yrs in all, buggered if I can remember when we started ours.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/markets/article-10517273/Staveley-brands-Ashley-claims-embarrassing-High-Court-battle.html

”They claim the new owners discovered only after the transaction that Newcastle had 'not received any sponsorship fees in respect of the Sports Direct or Flannels signage for the 2019/20, 2020/21 or 2021/22 seasons'.”

Edited by bowlingcrofty

2 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/markets/article-10517273/Staveley-brands-Ashley-claims-embarrassing-High-Court-battle.html

”They claim the new owners discovered only after the transaction that Newcastle had 'not received any sponsorship fees in respect of the Sports Direct or Flannels signage for the 2019/20, 2020/21 or 2021/22 seasons'.”

Why am I not surprised? Onwards and upwards :indi:

6 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Well it sounds to me like a delayed payment for those signs along with a 70000% interest is due. 

7 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

"For the football season beginning in August 2019 the Sports Direct Group will be charged £2million for the advertising rights.

Sports Direct still considers this to be value for its shareholders.”

I'm guessing he lied? 

I don't know where to put this, but the club have announced a partnership with the analysis people Statsbomb.

They've talked about helping Brentford in the past in their podcasts, and that club certainly has done well in the transfer market with their limited resources.

Starting this now potentially means the club can use the rest of the season to start identifying targets for the summer.

2 hours ago, UncleBingo said:

"For the football season beginning in August 2019 the Sports Direct Group will be charged £2million for the advertising rights.

Sports Direct still considers this to be value for its shareholders.”

I'm guessing he lied? 

The NUFC accounts don't disclose what they were paid by Sports Direct (it's not required).

But the Sports Direct accounts for the same period say they were charged £2m by NUFC re sponsorships for the 19/20 season (it's in their related parties note).

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Interesting, hopefully Staveley is not lieing. SD is a public company so you'd imagine that would be audited - unless - truly while they were charged, it was never paid. 

Yes, it's in their audited accounts on Companies House. I was wondering how this could be true or square with what Stavely said.

So, rather tragically, I looked up the next year's accounts. Under that year's related party note it says the following;

"A provisions [sic] was made in FY20 for £2.0m payable to Newcastle United Football Club...this was reversed..."

Spelling mistake aside, if it's the same £2m and it was 'reversed', then that would explain it.