PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 hour ago, Facundo Ferreyra said:

I was at the lowest point I'd been at for a long time on this day last year, had a meeting at work pretty much to discuss how shit I was at the job, had a bit of a breakdown and took a half day to go home and be miserable on my own. Then the fucking takeover happens and I'm absolutely buzzing, forgetting all about my issues at work. What a day, total mixture of emotions. 

I left that job earlier this year and am now in a job I'm really fucking good at :aww:

Well done mate. Sometimes we are just in the wrong job and need a complete change 

The day of that Wolves game I, somewhat inexplicably, was in a jazz bar in Moscow with a pretty girl I had met the week before. In hindsight, it should have occurred to me that when she readily agreed to come to a bar that showed the Premier League that she was interested, but I was stressed because my bank card was acting up and so I had to politely ask her to pay for each drink, promising to pay her back next time. I don’t know if it was a language thing, but each time this news was met with a sort of breezy compliance, as though it were the first time she was finding it out, but it was fine because my harried foppishness on the subject reminded her of Hugh Grant films from the nineties. 

Looking back, it seems odd that I was still interested in watching our game. Maybe we all now feel like we were a bit more removed than we truthfully were, or perhaps it is just more of what I have always thought of as football’s primary service: To give shape to one’s weekend, which is especially crucial when you’re in a different county.  

Either way, I didn’t actually watch it. There was a power cut in the pub, so we went next door to a rock bar. Rock bars in Moscow in 2021 were basically rock bars in Newcastle in 2004, and we listened to a lot of listless mid-noughties  indie. Later I was verbally pushed around by a group of burly Russian men demanding a go at my vape in front of her. The next day- and I never did see her again- she texted that we should have went to my place to watch the football.

And the thing is, if it had been post-takeover, I would absolutely have suggested that. I would have suggested it even if I had been sure she would say no, and in my assertiveness would have no doubt established myself as an even greater sexual prospect in her eyes.

That I did not do that is all Steve Bruce’s fault. Thanks Steve.

Then the Wednesday and the Thursday and where were you. Like others, I experienced that ‘Was it a dream’ feeling waking up on the Friday morning, after about an hour and forty five minutes of sleep. I remember somebody on here making the point that in reality it is probably the best news a football fan can experience- it was the promise of an immense journey, I am not sure it will be beaten by a trophy, to be honest, because that will already be in the past the morning after. This was all future, and still is really.

Still wish I’d shagged her, like.

12 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

The day of that Wolves game I, somewhat inexplicably, was in a jazz bar in Moscow with a pretty girl I had met the week before. In hindsight, it should have occurred to me that when she readily agreed to come to a bar that showed the Premier League that she was interested, but I was stressed because my bank card was acting up and so I had to politely ask her to pay for each drink, promising to pay her back next time. I don’t know if it was a language thing, but each time this news was met with a sort of breezy compliance, as though it were the first time she was finding it out, but it was fine because my harried foppishness on the subject reminded her of Hugh Grant films from the nineties. 

Looking back, it seems odd that I was still interested in watching our game. Maybe we all now feel like we were a bit more removed than we truthfully were, or perhaps it is just more of what I have always thought of as football’s primary service: To give shape to one’s weekend, which is especially crucial when you’re in a different county.  

Either way, I didn’t actually watch it. There was a power cut in the pub, so we went next door to a rock bar. Rock bars in Moscow in 2021 were basically rock bars in Newcastle in 2004, and we listened to a lot of listless mid-noughties  indie. Later I was verbally pushed around by a group of burly Russian men demanding a go at my vape in front of her. The next day- and I never did see her again- she texted that we should have went to my place to watch the football.

And the thing is, if it had been post-takeover, I would absolutely have suggested that. I would have suggested it even if I had been sure she would say no, and in my assertiveness would have no doubt established myself as an even greater sexual prospect in her eyes.

Then the Wednesday and the Thursday and where were you. Like others, I experienced that ‘Was it a dream’ feeling waking up on the Friday morning, after about an hour and forty five minutes of sleep. I remember somebody on here making the point that in reality it is probably the best news a football fan can experience- it was the promise of an immense journey, I am not sure it will be beaten by a trophy, to be honest, because that will already be in the past the morning after. This was all future, and still is really.

:lol:

Wow, there’s a lot to unpack here. 

16 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

POTY.

22 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

???

1 hour ago, Hovagod said:

If it makes you feel any better, those Russian men are probably dead now. You should try to find her on telegram, she’s probably gagging for an official Big Mac and cock now. 

1 hour ago, Hovagod said:

So are you saying you're a virgin?

On 07/10/2021 at 19:14, Yorkie said:

She's a hero, like. I'd be lying if I said I knew the first thing about her credentials as an owner of a football club, but she hasn't left us alone for four years, in spite of everything. Knock-backs, being publicly embarrassed by Ashley, having her competence questioned by all and sundry, all the fucking wank with the Premier League - and now she's fucking sat there with 'Newcastle Director' under her name,four years later. Fair fucking play, imagine someone having that amount of commitment to us. Legend already. 

I said this about Staveley on the day of the takeover and my opinion hasn't changed a jot so far. Her devotion to us over the last five years is frankly unrivalled by anyone, certainly in 'off the pitch' terms. I know it's still very early in this journey, hopefully, but the signs remain as positive as they did on day 1.

3 hours ago, Hovagod said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47m18tcnqsnyqb0ne5zk

Edited by Awaymag