PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

What a day (couple of days) it was. Don’t think I slept a wink on that Wednesday night and my productivity at work on the Thursday was non-existent. Constantly on here.

The fact it came out of the blue and happened within 36 hours or so after over a year of delays man. 

Don’t think I can put into words the feeling I had when stood outside of SJP on the Thursday night. Like the end of some fairytale when everyone lives happily ever after or something. :lol: 

It was truly surreal. A genuine 'was it all a dream' moment when I woke up; check my WhatsApp and there's a video from @Kanji, bleary-eyed, pissed out of his head, screaming "NEWCASSAALL!!" in some underground car park somewhere in Florida. So it was all real, then. 

Not only was it the elation of Ashley leaving but it was the sheer relief that the most unbearably tedious saga you could ever wish to experience was finally over. Genuinely think I was more overcome with that relief than anything else. 

It wasn't until Howe walked in that I really felt the true emotions again. The stench was still there as long as Bruce was. 

I know there are issues with the ownership but I feel grateful every day that Ashley is gone and that I feel as if I actually have a club to support again. Those two years under Bruce were profoundly miserable and I hope we never have to go through that sort of shit again. 

Guest reefatoon

Reading back through it all from last year is amazing like, just how quick it all changed is a joy to behold. Defo go read through it.

Also found this. I definitely inspired WorFlags for the Spurs display like. God I am magnificent. :lol:

On 07/10/2021 at 08:32, reefatoon said:

Well, what a beautiful morning it is. Sun is out, birds are singing, Ashley and Bruce are fucking off. Time to get Jimmy Nail's big river on repeat and hope when it comes to the "this is a mighty town, built upon a solid ground, and everything they tried so hard to kill, we will rebuild" line comes on that I don't turn into a blubbering mess. This is fucking magic man!

Edited by reefatoon

Maintained a 'believe it when I see it' mindset and couldn't get invested in anything between Moat in 09 and Staveley for a month after that Liverpool game in 2017 which got me I admit until falling into a familiar pattern.

If the takeover was blocked I was done with the club, since if this didn't shift him nothing would and I couldn't partake in trying to root for an entity I knew wasn't trying whose any success was only going to maintain the cycle.

Was on here and there following updates when it was announced and still couldn't believe it fully. So never really had a eureka moment thanks to all the bull that had gone before. More a gentle satisfaction that produces a warm smile that still pervades to this day of caring about all this again cos it matters now. Relegation and promotion meant nothing to me before. Then I'm rattling watching through my fingers games against Norwich.

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

It was truly surreal. A genuine 'was it all a dream' moment when I woke up; check my WhatsApp and there's a video from @Kanji, bleary-eyed, pissed out of his head, screaming "NEWCASSAALL!!" in some underground car park somewhere in Florida. So it was all real, then. 

Not only was it the elation of Ashley leaving but it was the sheer relief that the most unbearably tedious saga you could ever wish to experience was finally over. Genuinely think I was more overcome with that relief than anything else. 

It wasn't until Howe walked in that I really felt the true emotions again. The stench was still there as long as Bruce was. 

I know there are issues with the ownership but I feel grateful every day that Ashley is gone and that I feel as if I actually have a club to support again. Those two years under Bruce were profoundly miserable and I hope we never have to go through that sort of shit again. 

What a day that was! 

Given we're going through memories of the day it went through, I was unfortunately down in Derby for uni. The Tuesday (5th October) my older brother came down for a few drinks and we were just talking about how shit it all was, the performance at Wolves, the CAT hearing, Bruce being in charge, that he'll take us down and that anyone out there could do a better job. Refused to be pulled back in by the tweets a year ago today from Edwards, Ziegeler et al who were always negative about the takeover.

Sat at my laptop on 7th all day with SSN on staring at Twitter and this place. When it eventually happened and the club and PL put out confirmation I couldn't believe it. All the shit under Ashley, relegations, Kinnear, Pardew, failed takeovers, Benitez leaving, Bruce, jokes of transfer windows, botched attempts at protesting, incessant complaining that nothing will ever change; it all hit me at once that it was finally over and I couldn't help but (silently) sat in my room in the house at uni I burst into tears. Pure joy and relief that it was finally over. That's what it was all about for me, it wasn't the riches that we now have, it was all about getting that fucking parasite out of the club.

Only wish I was in town or at home when it happened. What a feeling.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

I remember having a pint in the Schooner on the Friday just after it was announced (I think it was anyway) with a few mates and their partners, everyone was incredibly jovial and then some knacker walked in wearing full traditional Saudi gear and the place sort of paused for about 5 seconds.

My wife turned to me ".....hang on, that's @LFEE"

[emoji38]

On 06/10/2021 at 13:39, Shak said:

AdorableQuarrelsomeKingfisher-size_restr

Dead proud of this on page 149. Was a response to the news that the Bein ban had been lifted.

News broke the takeover was going through a few hours later :aww:

Last summer I decided to start following and watching the Premier League after many years of just watching international football. I was a Newcastle fan back then but because I didn't know alot of the players I watched all different games to get familiar with the teams.

On Friday's I was at a meeting with the UK management team and I wore my Newcastle shirt circa 2003 and one of the managers quipped "Wearing Saudi colours!"

I'm thinking, black and white are NOT Saudi colors so I did a quick google and found out the takeover had happened. Haven't missed a league game since I don't think. I didn't suffer like many of you obviously but the change from that first week to now shows the state of disarray they were in. I told my peer over in Leeds that the January window was going to be epic and it really was.

Edited by McDog

I remember the day the bein news broke, I was just finishing work and my gaffer told me about the bein sports ban being lifted in Saudi. Checked twitter and on here to see what was being said, but never really thought much would come of it. Anyway as the night went on, all the journos were tweeting it's going to go through and I still couldn't believe it. The next day (7th October and my birthday) I was at work and me, my gaffer and my work pal literally just had our phones in our hands all day waiting for updates. 

Was back at home when the announcement was made. What a birthday present that was.

I was WFH, went over to Shearer's on my own and took a 2 hour dinner break in the hope it went through while I was there.  It wasn't to be, so I went back to work then headed back to SJP about 5pm....what a day it was. 

Just class. 

30 minutes ago, Wilson said:

I was WFH, went over to Shearer's on my own and took a 2 hour dinner break in the hope it went through while I was there.  It wasn't to be, so I went back to work then headed back to SJP about 5pm....what a day it was. 

Just class. 

WFH too, checking here, Twitter and SSN on the go.

What a time to be working.

What a year - the progress on and off the pitch is just mind blowing it really is.   If we are in the top 7 come January I think that transfer window will be used to get 2 more top level players into to try and secure a European spot.   It just so exciting ............and that's the main thing, the hope and excitement has returned after the Ashley years!

To the consortium, thank you for everything so far!

2 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I remember having a pint in the Schooner on the Friday just after it was announced (I think it was anyway) with a few mates and their partners, everyone was incredibly jovial and then some knacker walked in wearing full traditional Saudi gear and the place sort of paused for about 5 seconds.

My wife turned to me ".....hang on, that's @LFEE"

[emoji38]

You missed the bit out when you asked me to come across as mates wanted photos 🤣

Think we need a N-O Takeover anniversary party even if via Zoom 🙂

Teared up when it was finally confirmed. 

Had put so much time and effort into listening to podcasts, reading articles, searching twitter, reddit, here etc for 2 years. The lows of them pulling the plug, court cases, PL dragging it out, and the highs of it being back on track and then finally stamped. 

Just incredible. 

We're only at the start and it's going to be one hell of a ride. 

Anyone remember the day NUFC fans broke the internet watching a court case? Forever grateful for the guy that was on our side and the could laugh till the end of time at the bloke that PL had representing them that day.

3 minutes ago, Wandy said:

https://twitter.com/moneymikeashley/status/1445819247133745152?s=61&t=kxzMyjQzli945s4u7vdq4w

Just reading through the thread from a year ago and this tweet from Money Mike caught my eye. Will we ever find out if it was really him, or one of his team? This tweet sounded uncannily like it really was him tweeting. [emoji38]

Would love to know who this was.

Edited by Minhosa