PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Just now, McCormick said:

He stayed silent while I was rattling on about Emaar and my inane FFP ramblings ffs :lol: . Unbelievable.

Maybe he just got a phone call this morning telling him what he was going to do.

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

He stayed silent while I was rattling on about Emaar and my inane FFP ramblings ffs :lol: . Unbelievable.

He respects his none disclosure agreement and his job :lol:

Is he the founder or an appointee?

Just now, Chicken Dancer said:

It would be crazy to use a company owned by PIF imo. Just asking for trouble.

Not if its viewed as a fair price. We are a Champs league club owned by a Saudi concern so there is naturally lots if interest in Saidi Arabia and that would play massively for any advertiser, linked or not.

Coincidence that this comes out as soon as we have secured CL? Perhaps it's more money than the 25m/season that was mentioned a while back.

Here's hoping that the deal agreed back then had some clauses regarding change of of the deal if we ereach CL. I have no clue about these things :lol:

1 minute ago, Chicken Dancer said:

It would be crazy to use a company owned by PIF imo. Just asking for trouble.

I think it could be quite a smart move actually providing we aren't claiming it to be hundreds of millions

If it was the £25m that was reported how on earth can the PL say that isn't fair? We are now a Champions League club and it's still considerably less than the other CL clubs and even clubs that aren't in it (Spurs, Chelsea)

If the PL look to push it then perhaps we are confident that it can be legally challenged with ease

Just now, Ikon said:

Coincidence that this comes out as soon as we have secured CL? Perhaps it's more money than the 25m/season that was mentioned a while back.

Here's hoping that the deal agreed back then had some clauses regarding change of of the deal if we ereach CL. I have no clue about these things :lol:

Yes, after we qualified for UCL 4 different PIF companies started fighting for our sponsorship. It's only natural that it increased to 40m/season. :lol:

Can you have elements of the shirt sponsor that doesn’t relate to the PL?

ie £25m for PL sponsorship and another £50m for CL sponsorship? Not really the PLs place to say what’s fair for a competition that’s out of their jurisdiction :lol: 

Just now, Keegans Export said:

There would be a certain satisfaction in ending up with a shirt sponsor that literally none of the Twitter "ITKs" have even mentioned in passing.

Baldwards knows. Just keeping schtum and saving it for his big ITK grand reveal! 

:sweetjesus:

I could be completely wrong about this, but I'm not sure the PL could stop a sponsorship at any level even with a related party. But what they can do is limit the amount that is then counted from a FFP point of view.

If that's right, go as high as possible, and then if the PL set the FFP qualifying amount from that deal as too low, tangle them up in legal arguments about it for years.

Anything we get that's over and above a fair FFP amount, we could presumably just use on non FFP spend - like the stadium etc. Which stops the owners needing to put in more capital as cash for that kind of investment.

5 minutes ago, Abacus said:

I could be completely wrong about this, but I'm not sure the PL could stop a sponsorship at any level even with a related party. But what they can do is limit the amount that is then counted from a FFP point of view.

If that's right, go as high as possible, and then if the PL set the FFP qualifying amount from that deal as too low, tangle them up in legal arguments about it for years.

Anything we get that's over and above a fair FFP amount, we could presumably just use on non FFP spend - like the stadium etc. Which stops the owners needing to put in more capital as cash for that kind of investment.

That's exactly right, no doubt they'll try and count as low a figure as possible whereas we'll push for as high as possible, something will no doubt have to give

Mental that they can stop a sponsorship deal. Hopefully if it happens to use we get another CAT case going against the bastards.

Crease that it was brought in not long after our take over too, when many clubs had taken the piss with it.