PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Found that incredibly compelling to listen to; probably mainly because we haven't really heard him speak before, and also because sometimes I still pinch myself that we actually got to this position - free of Ashley and under the custodianship of someone ambitious... but also because he seems genuinely impassioned by the club and the magnetism of the supporters. 

I don't recoil at the reference to Excellency. It's hardly news that we're now owned by Saudi Arabia. 

You forgot to mention the badass suit.

2 hours ago, Ben said:

I'm not sure I agree, Blackburn were great at the time, the Lineker transfer saga was great. I used to love watching the Robbo Middlesbrough team and early Chelsea/Man City was entertaining.

This top 6 Bullshit over the past few years is awful and the fact the fans of those very clubs stopped the cartel was inspiring. Football is sport and escapism. We need to concentrate on our version of that.

Its just a personal thing. People obviously selling out in various ways bothered me (being young and hoping things weren't so shallow) and Blackburn were my first taste of it. Rubbing salt into the wounds by being defensive and dull despite the outlay (relative to the other top teams of the day) and selfishly probably worried me that a benefactor could just render the advantage of our growth/support redundant.

Edited by Jonas

In a way I like FFP. We are going to use their own rules, designed to keep us out, to turn them over and they'll have no argument, no reason to whine and no one to blame except themselves.

18 minutes ago, huss9 said:

he's the first one to come out and say yes when asked about the expectancy for getting champions league so quickly.

guy isnt going to fuck about.

the guy loves golf, so creates liv, challenges the pga for a bit then launches a takeover of them. 

he loves racing, so becomes the principle sponsor of formula 1 via Aramco and has made attempts to acquire formula 1, but hasn’t been successful yet. 

he loves football, buys us. Hm, where are we heading under his guidance? 

he’s in this to be #1, like he said. 

55 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

I know the regime he comes from but he always come across as a likeable guy. He's not a Bin Salman.

yep. There’s also a ton of innocent and normal, good people who work for PIF all over the world from all types of nationalities, religions and backgrounds. 

33 minutes ago, huss9 said:

he's the first one to come out and say yes when asked about the expectancy for getting champions league so quickly.

guy isnt going to fuck about.

The negative to this could be how he reacts when we inevitably have a sideways or backwards season. I hope he has a reasonable amount of patience.

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

The negative to this could be how he reacts when we inevitably have a sideways or backwards season. I hope he has a reasonable amount of patience.

don’t worry about that now

6 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

100% this. It may have started as a business endeavour for PIF, but their chairman visibly and evidently fell in love with the club and the stadium the first time he stepped foot in Saint James’ and  he still has that sparkle in his eye.

Absolutely loved the response to that first question if they expected CL and a cup final in their first full season. These are not here to make up the numbers or accept anything but supremacy. They will invest in top class infrastructure, grow revenue year on year and then reinvest every single penny they can into the squad.

They’re basically the polar opposite of what Ashley was. I still need to pinch myself from time to time to ensure it’s real and I’ve not made it up as some coping mechanism to deal with the neglect. :lol:

I have it on good second-degree ITK basis that a major reason for PIFs prolonged interest when it looked tough to push through was down to the fact Al-Rumayyan has always been a NUFC supporter for some unknown goddamn self-torturing reason like the rest of us previously miserable fucks.

Info was given me by the producer on the series I'm working on, he and his wife (film director) wrapped a feature they shot in Riyadh and the desert - fully funded by the PIF - and my friend brought up Newcastle when they had a production dinner with Al-Rumayyan after wrapping where that was supposedly said.

To me it makes sense, as we're not the only club in the world and they have unlimited money after all :lol: 

1 hour ago, Kaizero said:

I have it on good second-degree ITK basis that a major reason for PIFs prolonged interest when it looked tough to push through was down to the fact Al-Rumayyan has always been a NUFC supporter for some unknown goddamn self-torturing reason like the rest of us previously miserable fucks.

Info was given me by the producer on the series I'm working on, he and his wife (film director) wrapped a feature they shot in Riyadh and the desert - fully funded by the PIF - and my friend brought up Newcastle when they had a production dinner with Al-Rumayyan after wrapping where that was supposedly said.

To me it makes sense, as we're not the only club in the world and they have unlimited money after all :lol: 

Well I heard he was a massive lads fan with a season ticket up until 1992 and then Keegan came in to us and he switched to being a mag. Just what I heard mind, but it would make sense as that's what everyone did back in 92.

12 hours ago, Jack27 said:

Sorry what

How can anyone watch this and still have anxiety about our future. This guy's one of the most powerful guys in the world and he's talking about our club as if it's his first born kid. We are going to be a dominant force I have no doubt.

6 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Found that incredibly compelling to listen to; probably mainly because we haven't really heard him speak before, and also because sometimes I still pinch myself that we actually got to this position - free of Ashley and under the custodianship of someone ambitious... but also because he seems genuinely impassioned by the club and the magnetism of the supporters. 

I don't recoil at the reference to Excellency. It's hardly news that we're now owned by Saudi Arabia. 

He seems pretty excellent to me TBH.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Wants to be number one man. They'll do all they can to do that.

Reckon that interview took place after the Leicester game?

Aye defo, they’ve saved it for now. 

Scary how much they’ve transformed us and it feels like we’ve seen nothing yet. 

3 hours ago, Menace said:

How can anyone watch this and still have anxiety about our future. This guy's one of the most powerful guys in the world and he's talking about our club as if it's his first born kid. We are going to be a dominant force I have no doubt.

This is the difference between Man City and UAE, vs us with Saudi.

I read that the CL final was only the second game the owner has ever attended. In 15 years!

as professional and elite run as they are, I’d much rather having that elite level thinking but also mixed in with passion as it’s what the club and area thrives on

This is a guy who's agenda is to be number one in anything he touches, neither he or the people backing him will settle for anything else but what's really nice is seeing how he fell for the city and the people as well and his talk about being part of something bigger than himself was really nice to hear.

PIF have been incredibly smart with how they’ve managed this investment so far like, I guess a lot down to Staveley as well. 

Everyone involved seems genuinely enthusiastic about the project… it would have been very easy to end up with very weird and distant people in charge. 

Not that I know anything about PIF’s people and how they operate, but in theory. 

2 hours ago, kingxlnc said:

This is the difference between Man City and UAE, vs us with Saudi.

I read that the CL final was only the second game the owner has ever attended. In 15 years!

as professional and elite run as they are, I’d much rather having that elite level thinking but also mixed in with passion as it’s what the club and area thrives on

In all fairness as MBS is ultimately the owner of us, it means that their owner has went to their games 2 times, where as ours never has.

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

PIF have been incredibly smart with how they’ve managed this investment so far like, I guess a lot down to Staveley as well. 

Everyone involved seems genuinely enthusiastic about the project… it would have been very easy to end up with very weird and distant people in charge. 

Not that I know anything about PIF’s people and how they operate, but in theory. 

For all the whinging I genuinely think that FFP has been good for us.

The way PIF are currently running the Saudi clubs gives a glimpse into what we could have expected had there been no limits on what we could spend. And I’m not sure it would’ve paid dividends.

1 minute ago, christ said:

For all the whinging I genuinely think that FFP has been good for us.

The way PIF are currently running the Saudi clubs gives a glimpse into what we could have expected had there been no limits on what we could spend. And I’m not sure it would’ve paid dividends.

Disagree with that because as a PL team with an unlimited budget we wouldn’t have been signing ageing stars and players just below elite ( Ruben Neves) as the Saudi clubs are. We could have gone for the very best with no limits on fees and salaries, potentially accelerating our improvement. Not that I’m unhappy with things as they are.