PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 hour ago, levelsevenlee said:

To be fair, I think our defenders have been adhering to this new ruling since the start of the season.

Yep....there's been so many stupid/avoidable goals conceded without the other team even needing the readily available and given help from referees and VAR.

Conspiracy time.....where we've had shocking referee/VAR decisions, we've already been losing. Could this be the PL be trying to make a point that they control the ultimate results of games WWE style without actually saying it? 

11 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Yep....there's been so many stupid/avoidable goals conceded without the other team even needing the readily available and given help from referees and VAR.

Conspiracy time.....where we've had shocking referee/VAR decisions, we've already been losing. Could this be the PL be trying to make a point that they control the ultimate results of games WWE style without actually saying it? 

Posted this in another thread, but it pretty much explains the poor officiating of late and puts the conspiracies to bed. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Posted this in another thread, but it pretty much explains the poor officiating of late and puts the conspiracies to bed. 

Well not really....the Ederson/Fraser thing was a massively 'clear and obvious' mistake almost universally agreed (even by commentators that openly hate us) that it should have been a penalty, yet VAR agreed with the referee?

Only Pep afterwards outwardly agreed that it was the right call, and you could literally hear his brain screaming that it was wrong but he had to say it it was right.

Almost up there with Martinez claiming McLeans challenge on Haidara was fair.

44 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Well not really....the Ederson/Fraser thing was a massively 'clear and obvious' mistake almost universally agreed (even by commentators that openly hate us) that it should have been a penalty, yet VAR agreed with the referee?

Only Pep afterwards outwardly agreed that it was the right call, and you could literally hear his brain screaming that it was wrong but he had to say it it was right.

Almost up there with Martinez claiming McLeans challenge on Haidara was fair.

That's not what he's saying though. 

Essentially the ref only has to describe something vaguely similar to what happened to fall under the high bar. For example  if the ref had said 'there was a collosion between the forward and the keeper, but the defender has come away with the ball, so no penalty' then VAR won't get involved.

If however he'd said something like 'the striker handles the ball before the keeper makes contact, no penalty' that's fundamentally wrong, so VAR would come into play.

Its ridiculous, but it explains why there have been so many bad decisions across the board of late.

Edited by The Prophet

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Essentially the ref only has to describe something vaguely similar to what happened to fall under the high bar. For example the ref had said 'there was a collosion between the forward and the keeper, but the defender has come away with the ball, so no penalty' then VAR won't get involved.

If however he'd said something like 'the striker handles the ball before the keeper makes contact, no penalty' that's fundamentally wrong, so VAR would come into play.

Its ridiculous, but it explains why there have been so many bad decisions across the board of late.

If that's the explanation then I don't really want to hear it. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Essentially the ref only has to describe something vaguely similar to what happened to fall under the high bar. For example  if the ref had said 'there was a collosion between the forward and the keeper, but the defender has come away with the ball, so no penalty' then VAR won't get involved.

"It's ridiculous but it explains" translates to "its an excuse they've came up with after"

Eh? It's clear how it works it's just a very bad system.

It's judged a clear and obvious error if the referee cannot describe the incident, whether or not his decision was wrong isn't factored into it.

Ie when Lascelles threw Chamberlain to the deck the ref would have needed to say something like "there was a collision between Lascelles and Chamberlain, the latter went to ground too easily" to prove that he saw the incident. The fact we can watch it back and see that it was a clear foul isn't factored in. He's proven he saw the incident so VAR won't check it 

Edited by Hanshithispantz

16 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Eh? It's clear how it works it's just a very bad system.

It's judged a clear and obvious error if the referee cannot describe the incident, whether or not his decision was wrong isn't factored into it.

Ie when Lascelles threw Chamberlain to the deck the ref would have needed to say something like "there was a collision between Lascelles and Chamberlain, the latter went to ground too easily" to prove that he saw the incident. The fact we can watch it back and see that it was a clear foul isn't factored in. He's proven he saw the incident so VAR won't check it 

So it's very much open to corruption then.

1 hour ago, madras said:

So it's very much open to corruption then.

It would be regardless of how it's done tbf, clubs should have access to video from the VAR room or something.

It does explain the baffling decisions though. It's a silly implementation but I assume it was to try and reduce the use of VAR and give more weight to the referee's calls.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

I can't get over the fucking brass neck of the six clubs that risked the collapse of the entire competition by secretly conspiring to fuck off to a European Super League together for a load of cash wringing their hands and being all concerned we might "destabilise the league" by spending a similar amount of money to them on players. 

1 hour ago, BlueStar said:

I can't get over the fucking brass neck of the six clubs that risked the collapse of the entire competition by secretly conspiring to fuck off to a European Super League together for a load of cash wringing their hands and being all concerned we might "destabilise the league" by spending a similar amount of money to them on players. 

It’s the brass neck of the PL still giving these cunts full support rather than ‘have some of that’ that I struggle with. Corrupt as fuck. 

4 hours ago, 54 said:

I'm sorry, mate. But YOU are not the heart of this great city. The individual personalities are the heart of this city. And those personalities have always defined this city, as undefinable. You've used your vast wealth to buy into a bit of that, nothing more.

6 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I'm sorry, mate. But YOU are not the heart of this great city. The individual personalities are the heart of this city. And those personalities have always defined this city, as undefinable. You've used your vast wealth to buy into a bit of that, nothing more.

Think you need to change your name, you miserable old scrout!   Merry Christmas!

2 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Think you need to change your name, you miserable old scrout!   Merry Christmas!

I'm perfectly happy being a miserable old scrout. I'm not about to pretend that 'Don't look up' makes anything better.

But, Merry Xmas all the same.

Edited by Happinesstan

2 hours ago, 54 said:

Ive got to admit it's pretty nice to have owners who actually care to do this sort of thing.

Honestly, for all of the Guardian and sports writer types slating these two, they'd be wise to remember why what they do resonates so strongly. 

Mike Ashley created the separation that makes these two able to connect so easily with fans. We spent 14 years never hearing from our owner and with less sporting integrity than the weekly kick about at GOALS. I'm never ignorant to who our owners are and what they've done, but the notion I'm responsible for their arrival or the fact so many have welcomed them with open arms is ludicrous.

On 24/12/2021 at 08:48, RS said:

It’s the brass neck of the PL still giving these cunts full support rather than ‘have some of that’ that I struggle with. Corrupt as fuck. 

Given what the so called big 6 are up to I wondered if individuals, customers etc can lodge complaints to the CMA? I might give them a call after the holidays and seek some guidance, nowt to lose I guess.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/tell-the-cma-about-a-competition-or-market-problem