PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

No one should ever forget that we're just a plaything for the 80% part of the ownership and be all 'our owners :rose: ' at all imo, but failing that, at least until we end up being successful imo, if that happens. Not trying to be down on it, just heard enough about their other projects to be massively cautious with where this whole thing will go, even without factoring in the human rights issues.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

True, although Abu Dhabi have generally bought lower level clubs

That's true, it's city and then big drop to Granada.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

There is obviously some interest as that rumour won’t go away.

I think their was initially interest as an alternative to us. As I said the only rumours I’ve seen have been from a couple of Twitter accounts with no substance. I’ve never heard of IBT so can’t comment on their reliability.

A couple of observations the story is written by a contributor with no one putting their name to it, which immediately raises doubts in my mind.

Also despite PIF having billions I just don’t see them paying 1 billion for a club losing 15 million dollars per month. They also compete in a league where the financial rewards just don’t stack up at the minute.

I’ve got no doubt PIF are opportunist investors, but this doesn’t look a great investment at them numbers.

The PL is the number 1 league in the world and they’ll have looked at how much top 6 clubs are now worth. The potential growth in our valuation is where they’ll focus their main attention on in foreseeable.

Just don’t see this happening unless it’s a minority shareholding, nowt to worry about in my opinion.

Edited by Whitley mag

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

A couple of observations the story is written by a contributor with no one putting their name to it, which immediately raises doubts in my mind.

Also despite PIF having billions I just don’t see them paying 1 billion for a club losing 15 million dollars per month. They also compete in a league where the financial rewards just don’t stack up at the minute.

I’ve got no doubt PIF are opportunist investors, but this doesn’t look a great investment at them numbers.

The PL is the number 1 league in the world and they’ll have looked at how much top 6 clubs are now worth. The potential growth in our valuation is where they’ll focus their main attention on in foreseeable.

Just don’t see this happening unless it’s a minority shareholding, nowt to worry about in my opinion.

I agree with this, why not just wait until they are close to administration and buy cheap 

2 hours ago, neesy111 said:

They'll be buying other clubs eventually, it's what's Abu Dhabi and Qatar have done.

They've not bought clubs that could potentially play in the same competition though - i.e. they have no other European clubs.   And City by far is their flag ship club.  I am hoping it is not true as I can't see how them buying Inter will be good for us.

Edited by duo

I just can’t see them buying a team in the same league as City and being happy as a mid level team. They’ve bought us and I think they will go all out to make us competing at the top end year on year eventually.

I don’t think they have spent 18 months chasing us just to put us on the back burner straight away for a team in a worse league. 

They spent £300 million on us, rumoured to be a billion for Inter - if they spend 3-400 million on us we will be on par with Inter anyway.

Inter are currently losing 15 million a month,

not something that would draw an investor I imagine. They also lost their head coach and 2 of their best players last year. 

The PL is a better league than Serie A with more money, more financial reward and way more exposure.

Overall I am not overly concerned by this news. 

Can always get a MLS franchise, sign Newcastle in A-League, have our own RB clubs in the lesser European leagues if they want City Group similar. Does not make sense to divide resources over two clubs in the top leagues, especially if intent is to qualify for the same continental competition.