PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

10 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

Pretty sure AS confirmed there had been but said Italian football was an ‘absolute fucking shit show Geoff’ or something like that?

She doesn’t speak for who or what PIF will invest in mind.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Hopefully she’s correct on this occasion.

I think she is mate they looked at other clubs such as Bordeaux in tandem with PCP.

The PL is where they wanted to be and they’ll do nothing to jeopardise growing us to maximise our value. We’ll be worth 2 billion in 5 years mark my words.

8 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

It would make more commercial sense to spend the £1 billion on new players for us

They've looked at the cost of bringing our facilities up to standard and decided it would be cheaper to buy another football club and transport their facilities, brick by brick.

Just now, NUFC_Chris said:

Is it me or is this all coming from Inter - desperate to talk up any potential investment? Their chairman came out with that shite about Amanda Staveley preferring small cars to a Ferrari. All desperate sounding if you ask me.

The original story came from a shitty paper in Italy and has been recycled constantly. There's nothing to it.

52 minutes ago, Dokko said:

If you spend £1bn on us you get the chance to create the best club in the world. If you spend a £1bn on Inter you get the chance to create the best club in Italy. 

Part of growing the clubs revenue has to be signing a marquee player, worldwide shirt sales and generally raising the clubs profile, for the sort of money that would need to be spent, the only ones that currently make sense age wise are MBappe or Haaland.

Seems like that article is a Bunch of bullshit. It’s been reported for ages that PIF would rather be debt or minority equity investors into Inter Milan. The whole Italian league club ownership is too bloody complicating and I have to assume the fact the ground is shared with Milan may actually be a detractor to them. 

I've read the plan is to buy Inter, Marseille and a top level Brazilian team.  I would have no concerns how that would affect us.  I don't think it would look like a good, better, best arrangement ala Red Bull but more of each club on an equal footing with it's own directors.  Brazil of course would be the vehicle to identify talent in that area for eventual movement to the continent.

7 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

I've read the plan is to buy Inter, Marseille and a top level Brazilian team.  I would have no concerns how that would affect us.  I don't think it would look like a good, better, best arrangement ala Red Bull but more of each club on an equal footing with it's own directors.  Brazil of course would be the vehicle to identify talent in that area for eventual movement to the continent.

Impossible if they have ambitions for us to play in the champions league 

7 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

How's that gonna work?  If we're all owned by PIF we can't all compete in the same UEFA competition.

4 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

Is that true?  I wasn't aware of that.  RBS couldn't play RBL in Champions or Europa league?

That's how I remember it.  A quick search turns up this:

The ENIC decision stated that a company or a person has an ‘Interest’ in a club when it has:

the majority of the shareholders’ voting rights in another club in the same UEFA club competition;

the right to appoint or remove a majority of the directors in another club in the same UEFA club competition; or

the majority of the shareholders’ voting rights (through a Shareholders’ Agreement) in another club in the same UEFA club competition.

The decision prohibited two clubs in which a person or company had an Interest from being admitted into the same UEFA club competition. The CAS stressed the need for transparency and legitimacy in all UEFA competitions. The supporters’ perception of a particular game could be damaged by the differing business aims of two clubs in the same competition in which the same person or company had an Interest.

The CAS ruled that, for these purposes, a shareholding of 50.1% or more in two clubs competing in the same UEFA club competition would potentially breach Article 2 of the UEFA Rules on Integrity of Competition[3] (‘the UEFA Integrity Rules’) under the first bullet point, above.

Additionally, after the CAS cleared the UEFA Rule in time for the 2000/1 season, a further stipulation was added to the UEFA Integrity Rules. It is now prohibited for a company or person to have an Interest in a club when it has the ability to exercise a ‘decisive influence’ in the decision-making of another club in the same UEFA club competition.

https://www.danielgeey.com/post/multiple-football-club-ownership-disparities-between-rules/