PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

23 hours ago, HTT II said:

It’s OK man ha ha, I have more Muslim friends and family than other denominations so I’m well versed in religious and cultural attire. To be fair, those fans that have turned up wearing tea-towels on their heads, although cringe for me, I’m sure mean no harm and anything that bridges cultural and religious gaps between people is a good thing. Talk of sport washing is real, but one good thing to come out of our takeover could well be a bridging of any gap culturally, racially and even religiously, like how Andy Cole helped bridge racial gaps back in the early 90s to a city and fanbase that had issues with race.

Just hope we adopt the best bits of each other. Like I wouldn't want Saudi Arabia to suddenly adopt our drinking culture.

21 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Anyone heard anything?

Location makes sense, lots of acreage on that site. Training ground and golf course combo? Make a bit of extra revenue on the side.

31 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Anyone heard anything?

Staveley was working on possible sites when she was trying with her 1st bid, she was working with the Duke of Northumberland to buy some land off him. 

The more I research it the more it makes perfect sense. Located directly next to the airport, fair enough way to keep Adam P at bay, close to where the players and staff (probably) live.

I imagine there will be some restrictions on the site and what can be developed? The hall itself is grade 2 listed so sure the council would need to have a say in any developments.

Howay the lads, get it done.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

Staveley was working on possible sites when she was trying with her 1st bid, she was working with the Duke of Northumberland to buy some land off him. 

Did she tell you that in the letter

2 minutes ago, MagCA said:

The more I research it the more it makes perfect sense. Located directly next to the airport, fair enough way to keep Adam P at bay, close to where the players and staff (probably) live.

I imagine there will be some restrictions on the site and what can be developed? The hall itself is grade 2 listed so sure the council would need to have a say in any developments.

Howay the lads, get it done.

Presumably he means the land around the area rather than anything next to the Hall itself.

Well, I actually presume he's talking bollocks, but if he was hypothetically telling the truth...

Regardless there has been chatter for a long time that the area near/around the Airport was a possible location for the new training facility, it does make sense.

3 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Presumably he means the land around the area rather than anything next to the Hall itself.

Well, I actually presume he's talking bollocks, but if he was hypothetically telling the truth...

Regardless there has been chatter for a long time that the area near/around the Airport was a possible location for the new training facility, it does make sense.

Wasn't there plans not too long ago to turn the hall into a luxury hotel? I think I remember seeing something online about it but not sure, will have to look more. Having that on a site could be a bonus and revenue stream. Don't think Sir John would sell any of the land without getting somebody to fix the hall as well haha.

It was suggested as a site before Little Benton, I think there’s been some houses built as well. 

It would make a lot of sense and SJH should let them buy the Hall as well, sure he was looking to off load it. 

I don't think we'll ever see Aramco on anything other than a stadium name where we're concerned. It makes sense that they would sponsor F1 but who's going to fly into Newcastle airport and see Aramco over the training ground and think.. "hmmm, i must go and buy a few barrels of oil"

Tourism makes most sense, especially on our jersey and that's the ultimate sportswashing.