PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 hour ago, MagCA said:

The more I research it the more it makes perfect sense. Located directly next to the airport, fair enough way to keep Adam P at bay, close to where the players and staff (probably) live.

I imagine there will be some restrictions on the site and what can be developed? The hall itself is grade 2 listed so sure the council would need to have a say in any developments.

Howay the lads, get it done.

Apparently keeping Adam P at bay is high up on the list of requirements for the new facility.

43 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

It was suggested as a site before Little Benton, I think there’s been some houses built as well. 

It would make a lot of sense and SJH should let them buy the Hall as well, sure he was looking to off load it. 

Aye, nice little profit for Hall after the club bought Woolsington initially and he siphoned it off to Cameron Hall Development’s.

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

Aye, nice little profit for Hall after the club bought Woolsington initially and he siphoned it off to Cameron Hall Development’s.

Heard that tweeted today but can’t find evidence of this.

Didn’t he buy Woolsington Hall long before he bought NUFC, owned Wynard Hall as well.

45 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Get it bought, have a nice stately home at the entrance and the gates to nowhere at St James' sent back up for the entrance.

It’s where they were stowed before Ashley found a nice wall to put them against at SJP.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Staveley was working on possible sites when she was trying with her 1st bid, she was working with the Duke of Northumberland to buy some land off him. 

Steer clear of that greedy cunt. He'd still be charging the club ground rent 250 years later.

6 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Heard that tweeted today but can’t find evidence of this.

Didn’t he buy Woolsington Hall long before he bought NUFC, owned Wynard Hall as well.

No it was purchased with the plan of us moving there, it never happened and we moved to Benton. The Halls just let the place rot for years.

Most of the land around Woolsington Hall (and indeed Woolsington itself) is Green Belt land. Has limited any extensive construction there in the past IIRC. 

Very few exceptions in terms of development which is allowed on Green Belt land - see Para 149. Provision of outdoor sport is one of them. I think a PL football training facility might be a stretch of that mind. 

Edited by ponsaelius

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Most of the land around Woolsington Hall (and indeed Woolsington itself) is Green Belt land. Has limited any extensive construction there in the past IIRC. 

Very few exceptions to development which is allowed on Green Belt land - see Para 149. Provision of outdoor sport is one of them. I think a PL football training facility might be a stretch of that mind. 

If you look at the work Leicester did on their new site, it is definitely achievable. There was a good interview with Leicester's head grounds person (12/13min mark - he talks about ecology habitats)

I wonder if setting a certain amount aside for community/foundation to use would benefit any plans that may or may not be being made.

11 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Very few exceptions to development which is allowed on Green Belt land - see Para 149. Provision of outdoor sport is one of them. I think a PL football training facility might be a stretch of that mind. 

Is it Green Belt land or Greenfield land. There is a difference according to my daughter who is a senior planning officer, it’s easier to get planning permission on Greenfield land apparently.

1 minute ago, FloydianMag said:

Is it Green Belt land or Greenfield land. There is a difference according to my daughter who is a senior planning officer, it’s easier to get planning permission on Greenfield land apparently.

It is Green Belt.

Greenfield land is just a generic term for undeveloped agricultural/natural land that has not been previously used for development before. 

Green Belt is land statutorily designated as such by local authorities to prevent urban sprawl with development severely restricted on it.

If you ask me personally Green Belt is an archaic load of tosh that prevents us acting like a serious country in terms of expanding our towns and cities sustainably, is exploited for political means by NIMBYs to protect land values, and exacerbates the housing crisis. But it is what it is and it will likely limit options for development around that area.

Just now, ponsaelius said:

For clarity on the above - Leicester's training ground was built on an old golf course and was not designated Green Belt land. Leicester as a city does not have a Green Belt.

Some teams have all the luck eh. Thanks for clarifying, didn't realise.

That Tyneside Life YouTube channel did a video ages ago about possible training ground sites and picked that one out. Could be someone using that info to talk shite, putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, or there being something to it.

Edited by Kid Icarus

19 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Calling land "Green Belt" ultimately means nothing. Just an extra hoop or two to jump through to get something built.

If a Taylor Wimpey or Bellway (or, in this case, a football club) really want to build on it, the land will get built on.

This is simply not true at all. There is a big difference between what is a 'greenfield' site and what is Green Belt land.

Green Belt is land statutorily designated by local authorities to prevent urban sprawl. You basically cannot build anything on it (see the link I posted above which shows the few exceptions). Even building a moderately sized extension to a house in Woolsington is difficult, and a single house extremely difficult unless replacing an existing building.

It is a huge part of the UK planning system and significantly (and deliberately) prevents expansions of existing urban areas - essentially drawing an arbitrary line on a map. Land is removed from it on a piecemeal approach (see recent land release sites in Newcastle @ Callerton and Throckley) and this is when the big housebuilders get onto it (when it isn't Green Belt anymore). But these are sites which are removed from the Green Belt for strategic reasons (e.g. to serve housing needs) and is a long term and highly political process which forms part of the council's Local Plan. This will not happen (indeed can't, statutorily) happen to serve a private developer on whim. 

Again - if you ask me it's a load of nonsense. A sensible country would add a load of metro stops between Kenton Bank Foot and the Airport, extend it out to Ponteland, and turn it into a suburban extension of Newcastle. But instead we protect the countryside sensibilities of landowners, build 4000 houses on Great Park without any public transport infrastructure and run tokenistic (probably) loss running trains to the airport.

Edited by ponsaelius

I would love to see some plans soon like, anything that gets close to the facilities of Liverpool, Leicester or Spurs would make me hard. Interestingly, all designed by KSS Group I think. 

46 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Very few exceptions in terms of development which is allowed on Green Belt land - see Para 149. Provision of outdoor sport is one of them. I think a PL football training facility might be a stretch of that mind. 

Burnley's training facility was built on Green Belt land (and not PDL) and wasn't called in by the Secretary of State. It'll all be down to whether there is support from Newcastle City Council, who I'm sure will have been sounded out if the club are looking to buy that land.