Newcastle United vs Leeds United - 17/09/21 - Sky Sports 8pm

Scoot

Leeds need a result after a poor start and we’re the perfect opposition. 

Usually I’d expect us to get a flukey result but they are far too fluid and attacking for us to cope. We’ll more than likely score, because they can’t defend but we’ll come out on the wrong end of a high scoring game imo.

13 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Leeds need a result after a poor start and we’re the perfect opposition. 

Usually I’d expect us to get a flukey result but they are far too fluid and attacking for us to cope. We’ll more than likely score, because they can’t defend but we’ll come out on the wrong end of a high scoring game imo.

As someone discussed a while back we're always the perfect opposition for a team that 'needs a result'....whether it be to end a losing streak or so they can get into European positions.

Even when we were half decent you could almost guarantee that a team with 6 losses on the spin would get a result against us. 

I predicted this was the game that saw the end possibly of Bruce , definitely the beginning of the end .

Wilson out for weeks , he was our only hope , it’s now gone and Bruce and Nufc now are in massive trouble very early on.

ive always had a stance in not wanting us to lose and I stick by that but I can’t see anything but a 0-1 Leeds victory, we may scrape a 0-0

Edited by GWN

2 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Since Bruce got battered by this lot in December we've won 7 in 34.

I can see a really undeserved draw for us in this tbh. Atmosphere needs to be solidly anti Bruce all night. Shouldn't be hard given the shite that will be on display.

If the season started 38 games ago we'd be:

W10 D9 L19 - F45 A69 - GD-24 - Pts39

On average, in the Premier League, you're looking right at the breadline with that return. 16th/17th/18th. We went down with 34 and 37.

I think we'll fluke win it probably an undeserved red card for Leeds in the 1st half yet still dominate the fuck out of us and we bumble a ball in around 85mins leaving an exhausted Leeds out of gas and ideas.

Full time comes and Bruce tries to suck his own dick like some oversized horny dog but is unable to comprehend the mass of accumulated fat separating him and his withered penis. It's at this point Edwards rushes from the stands to frantically assist him but no amount of bending of the beached carcass can finish what he started. It's that time again, Luke. Open wide and give him his much deserved happy ending.

Edited by Dokko

If we had any sort of striker we might have gotten a draw here with leeds missing alot of cbs. I just cant see it, they are everything we are not. Fit, hungry, high press and play good attacking football. I fully expect Lascelles to snap in half with the amount of times he will be turned

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

Mostly just happy that our weekly loss will be over by late Friday afternoon so I can focus on college football and the NFL without any interference from Newcastle stinking the joint up.

Amen to that. Love it when the Newcastle game is out of the way nice and early.

15 hours ago, cubaricho said:

Mostly just happy that our weekly loss will be over by late Friday afternoon so I can focus on college football and the NFL without any interference from Newcastle stinking the joint up.

Prefer it when we have Sunday kick offs myself, if we've lost early on a Saturday it kills all my interest in the other PL games as well. I'm not one of those who finds watching football for the sake of it easy, especially when other clubs seem to do it much better than we do. 

We had no ambition but we had Rafa. 

We have no ambition now and we have Bruce.

With Bruce we have????? No hope.

His media pals will point to him losing Wilson to injury and us being shit because of it. Always an excuse for Brucey.

Edited by nufcjb

13 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Fuck sake :lol:

Actually, for the first time ever,  I'm absolutely thrilled to have Mike Dean ref our match. Perfect antagonist for this Fiery Friday Farce.

Edited by nufcjb

3 hours ago, nufcjb said:

We had no ambition but we had Rafa. 

We have no ambition now and we have Bruce.

With Bruce we have????? No hope.

His media pals will point to him losing Wilson to injury and us being shit because of it. Always an excuse for Brucey.

Depressing as fuck seeing both their names in the same post.  Depressing as fuck full stop.

Ideal chance for the support to make a national statement against Bruce on live tv. Ashley does not give a fuck about any protests so no point in aiming anything at that cunt, but with Bruce, it's plainly obvious he is collapsing under the pressure. However, you will have some chants off about 1 - 2% of the crowd; and all the other fucking sheep will be sitting shaking their heads with their 'support the team not the regime' mentality. The vast majority of our match going support are the pits, and in reality do not give one fuck about the criminal collapse and total destruction of the club. The ones who actually do (in the main) are the ones who have just stopped going. You then also have the most backward twitter support there is, spouting their contiunous shit and nastiness for likes. 

Edited by et tu brute

I can see bother all day in town – virtually everyone I know is going out early afternoon and those lot will be down early doors on the lash plus there is a load of them in the home end. A lot of them will be stopping over too so the bars after the match should be fun and games too! Good luck NP!

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

As expected, the red card shown to Strujik stands after Leeds’ appeal has been rejected.

Absolutely appalling. Football is increasingly becoming a non-contact sport.

The way Liverpool carried on about Van Dijk being murdered by Pickford, it was only ever going to go one way. It's far less of a headache for them to let it stand.

11 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

As expected, the red card shown to Strujik stands after Leeds’ appeal has been rejected.

Absolutely appalling. Football is increasingly becoming a non-contact sport.

I think there's some strides being made to make sure that path isn't followed (ie becoming non-contact), what with referees letting things go a bit more this season. I think this is just a bit of a different case because A, a young English Liverpool player had his ankle broken by a (comparatively) unfamiliar European Leeds player; and B, it being overturned would have undermined VAR. So it's a bit shite but for different reasons imo. 

Mind you I think there's some fine lines to what's right and what's wrong when considering the wider topic. Football needs to retain its physicality of course but I've also no interest in players being routinely bulldozed through unchecked and picking up career-threatening injuries, as was the case in the 90s and before. I think the cultural changes where this is concerned aren't as dramatic or a unwelcome as the usual clichés would suggest.