Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

1 minute ago, POOT 2.0 said:

He's not licking our arses...he's always cut through the bullshit and told it how it is. And to be fair, he does it for most clubs. It seems he's nobody's fool and can see through the stupid agendas of a large proportion of the press. 

Aye that's how I see it. Loved it when he was riling Rio up about Ashley spending on the club and he was sitting there like a petulant child.

40 minutes ago, dcmk said:

Can anyone explain the difference between a technical director and a director of football?

Might be wrong but I believe a Technical/sporting director oversees the growth of the club behind the scenes such as facilities and sometimes backroom staff etc... DoF spearheads the recruitment of players at all levels.

1 hour ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

I can’t recall Duncan Castles ever being particularly credible like

He still absolutely obsessed with Mourinho or has he given up on him now he’s finished?

If we do get Ashworth it’s a huge statement of intent that we intend to be one of the biggest clubs in the country. 

He’s clearly got a good thing at Brighton and I’d imagine he wouldn’t leave unless it was a significant step up. 

2 hours ago, GWN said:

This is taking some appointing mind 

My initial feeling was that he would probably end up saying no, he doesn't seem the type to up and move in the middle of a project. The only reason I'm hopeful it might go through is because seems he has some sort of prior relationship with Howe.