Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

3 minutes ago, Stal said:

Does that article say anything or is it just a reminder that we held talks with him last month just in case we'd forgotten?

Previously it was that Brighton had given us permission to speak with him. Now it's we have spoken with him. So not a big update really but still encouraging. 

5 minutes ago, Smal said:

How long we seem to take to do stuff worries me a bit, like.

Double edged sword. You could also see it as them being meticulous in sounding out the best fit.

We know what dribbles into the press, but we could've spoken to a few candidates in that time. I'd also imagine this is one of the biggest appointments in regards to the club's vision being realised.

Or we could just be slow as fuck like.

1 minute ago, Thiago said:

What's your definition of long?

I dunno. They've been after the club since uh... October 2017. 

With that in mind you'd assume there has been some planning done in the meantime so they'll know what structure and types of people they want in place. It seems to be taking a while longer than clubs usually take to make appointments (or indeed sack people); especially considering the precarious position the club is in. Caulkin has mentioned a decision making structure in place within PIF numerous times and perhaps that's not working to our advantage. 

1 minute ago, Smal said:

With that in mind you'd assume there has been some planning done in the meantime so they'll know what structure and types of people they want in place. It seems to be taking a while longer than clubs usually take to make appointments (or indeed sack people); especially considering the precarious position the club is in. Caulkin has mentioned a decision making structure in place within PIF numerous times and perhaps that's not working to our advantage. 

But in those years, our targets will have changed, be employed elsewhere, got tied into contracts or projects, like Rafa. Re: sack/employ people- we’re no worse than most clubs, and are actually better than a lot - as has been previously pointed out, Spurs took months in the summer to employ Nuno (after speaking to Conte and numerous others)- and they had a well run club with people in key positions at the time. Staveley and the like have literally walked into an empty shell of a club that needs EVERYTHING changing or updating. This takes time….longer than you’ve given it. 

8 minutes ago, Smal said:

I just think they've been here less than six months. 

Think about what they've changed already, all while the club desperately tries to avoid relegation. You're selling new hires on two very different possibilities. I think after 14 years of stasis and neglect I'm happy to wait until the summer for these early building blocks to be put down. 

2 minutes ago, MagCA said:

What would be the general consensus of approaching Ed Woodward for the role of CEO?

I'd be open to it, if kept away from recruitment decisions.

why would you post something so horrible on St. Trippier's Day?

Edited by thomas

3 minutes ago, MagCA said:

What would be the general consensus of approaching Ed Woodward for the role of CEO?

Handy when you’re  looking for a last minute “equaliser” (one for the older generation)

I get that the man is a walking disaster but I can't deny he was very good at maximising profits for the red scum further down the road. I'm aware it's a daft idea but just throwing something to talk about eh.

6 minutes ago, MagCA said:

Absolutely not 

8 minutes ago, MagCA said:

Yeah and while we’re at it let’s get Fred West in to do some building maintenance and put Ian Huntley in charge of the under 15s

2 minutes ago, MagCA said:

I get that the man is a walking disaster but I can't deny he was very good at maximising profits for the red scum further down the road. I'm aware it's a daft idea but just throwing something to talk about eh.

Considering our sponsors are likely to be from Saudi I don't think we need to worry about maximising profits

and the fact that Man-U fans hate him speaks volumes