Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, hakka said:

Or maybe he applied for them all and failed. Or maybe nobody called for him as they thought he wasn't good enough. It's a whataboutery sort of answer as will never know, but it is odd how nobody has gone for him despite some feeling he is "solid and good" PL manager. 

What I’m saying is, we don’t know that nobody has ‘gone for him’. 

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

Whoever we get in for DOF will do most of that heavy lifting, to be honest.

I actually think Howe will come across well when he meets the players, it’s just that his name won’t attract them. But hopefully that’s a minor setback. 

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Aye, injuries is a classic manager excuse so I would have to see it properly to judge it I think.

You realize one bad season doesn't make a bad manager right? 

Klopp left Dortmund when they where bottom.

Guardiola finished 4th and trophy-less in his first season at Man City.

Pochetino got sacked at Spurs with them in the bottom half.

Hell Rafa failed in China. 

Managers are allowed the odd blotch on there CV.

Just now, Shearergol said:

I see Norwich might want Howe too. Oh the panic.

That's the only thing that bothers me to some degree about Howe, he seems to be a 'decent' manager that also-ran teams consider. He's not really a name that generates interest from clubs that are looking at mid-table upwards... though I guess, funds aside, we're probably firmly in the 'also-ran' clutch of teams with how badly we've been neglected for so long.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

What I’m saying is, we don’t know that nobody has ‘gone for him’. 

And you can say that and that's fine, my point is after a year and plenty of other PL positions being available and him not landing any, that is odd for such a solid and good PL manager.

Hallo Schade, dass Favre für Sie kein Thema mehr ist. Auch wenn er keine Erfahrung in der Premier League hat, ist er taktisch einer der Besten. Der Fußball, den er spielen lässt, ist eine starke Defensive mit schnellem Spiel nach vorne. In Dortmund hatte die Abwehr Probleme, es gab viele individuelle Fehler von Spielern während des Spiels. Das Spiel nach vorne war sehr gut mit vielen Toren. Um auf den Punkt zu kommen, braucht favre die richtigen Spieler für sein Spielsystem und er hatte sie in Dortmund nicht in der Defensive. Ich denke, er könnte in Newcastle einen Unterschied machen.

Just now, hakka said:

And you can say that and that's fine, my point is after a year and plenty of other PL positions being available and him not landing any, that is odd for such a solid and good PL manager.

He's come out and publicly stated he's not just going to jump into a random job, it has to be the right fit for him, and for the club. 

1 minute ago, sacred said:

Hallo Schade, dass Favre für Sie kein Thema mehr ist. Auch wenn er keine Erfahrung in der Premier League hat, ist er taktisch einer der Besten. Der Fußball, den er spielen lässt, ist eine starke Defensive mit schnellem Spiel nach vorne. In Dortmund hatte die Abwehr Probleme, es gab viele individuelle Fehler von Spielern während des Spiels. Das Spiel nach vorne war sehr gut mit vielen Toren. Um auf den Punkt zu kommen, braucht favre die richtigen Spieler für sein Spielsystem und er hatte sie in Dortmund nicht in der Defensive. Ich denke, er könnte in Newcastle einen Unterschied machen.

alreet

2 minutes ago, sacred said:

Hello, it's a shame that Favre is no longer an issue for you. Even if he has no experience in the Premier League, tactically he is one of the best. The football he lets play is a strong defense with fast play forward. In Dortmund the defense had problems, there were many individual mistakes made by players during the game. The game up front was very good with a lot of goals. To get to the point, favre needs the right players for his game system and he didn't have them on the defensive in Dortmund. I think he could make a difference in Newcastle.

17 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

100%, if he keeps us up this season and we consolidate next, he will have done the job we need him too.

And thats fair - I'll support him if we get him, but just see it as a possible risk and hoped we could land better.

4 minutes ago, sacred said:

Hello, it's a pity that Favre is no longer an issue for you. Even if he has no experience in the Premier League, he is tactically one of the best. The soccer he lets play is a strong Defence with fast game forward. In Dortmund, the Defence had problems, there were many individual mistakes of players during the game. The game forward was very good with many goals. To get to the point, favre needs the right players for his game system and he did not have them on the defensive in Dortmund. I think he can