Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Probably Mourinho trying to use us to get what he wants from their owners. Our owners are looking long term development, community involvement and have backed Howe. Contrary to the short term gain under a Mourinho management.

7 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

Has to be this https://www.football365.com/news/newcastle-seriously-thinking-replacing-howe-sack-mourinho-roma

And Italian journalist Maurizio Catalani doubts Mourinho will be in Rome much longer with their poor displays and interest from Premier League side Newcastle.

“If Roma don’t make a fair and important purchase campaign, I have my doubts that Mourinho will stay at Roma,” Catalani told Giallorossi.net (via Sport Witness).

“He won’t stay here and take four goals from Verona. I know that Newcastle, who have an unlimited budget and are currently the richest club in the world, are thinking seriously about him.

“Roma, on the other hand, are a team that has big flaws and with which it is difficult to build a game: it’s not good for him, but it’s not good for many other coaches…

“That Mourinho will stay in June, I have big doubts…”

In addition to all that bollocks, his sense of entitlement is off the charts if the quotes are to be believed. "He won't stay here and take four goals off Verona.":lol: Get to fuck, man, it's literally your job to not have your team ship goals.

The way eddie has transformed the team and the performances is beyond what I imagined. Yes, the early results just did not click, a bit unlucky or just couldn´t completely shed the rot from previous regimes managers.

He will 100% get the chance to develop the team and turn us into a more possession based team when we get better players (a la Guimares). he will have 2-3 years to establish us close to the top end of the prem, if he does well he will stay and hopefully set up a legacy.

Seems a sound bloke as well to top it all off!!

If anything, we should be in the position post-Howe to get the 'next' Mourinho, the highly rated guy at Sporting Lisbon instead of the past it version. Even though I do like Mourinho and he obviously has affection for Mr Robson's club. But no point even entertaining this, we are all hoping Howe is the next Keegan, survive this year then have a few title tilts in the coming years and even to win something, finally. 

Yeah, apart from the Unai Emery blip, the recruitment strategy for executive and coaching staff seems to be focused on progressive and "home-grown". It's clever too, a low-hanging fruit for easy acceptance by fans in the short-term, and if they pull it off, a core staff of successful British managerial and management talent to showcase in the long-term. Takes some of the attention away from the owners.

That Mourinho link is so far removed from what we have evidently been looking for that it is almost laughable. It's the managerial equivalent of signing a stroppy Ibrahimovic. He was progressive 15 years ago, not any longer. And he is the opposite of someone who we need to lift the playing staff and the fans.

Howe will take us as far as he can and until that invisible ceiling's reached no point worrying about who might come after him personally... but if the club want to be prepared they'll always be making contingency plans hopefully

Has some nice quotes from the programme last week https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-united-captain-jamaal-lascelles-revealing-behind-the-scenes-insight-3572827

Jamaal Lascelles, in his programme column for last weekend’s 1-0 win over Aston Villa, said Howe was the “first one into the training ground, doesn't go home until late at night”.

“He puts absolutely everything into us doing well on a matchday,” said Newcastle’s captain. “You can see how much effort and passion and love he puts into the job.”

This is more a full-time job, and Howe has set the tone at the club with his work ethic. The club’s players and staff are working hard – and the team’s getting results.

Howe’s predecessor didn’t think that there was much that could be done while six of his players were away on international duty, and he angrily responded to a question about his time away from the training ground following a 4-1 defeat to Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Bruce said: "Do you think I really have to answer that to you? That's what the fans are asking, are they? We have trained all week, and we were in every day. The preparation was meticulous, let me tell you.

"There is nothing more in preparation (that could have been done). What was I supposed to do? We had six of them away. The preparation was fine, absolutely fine, and we’ve been in all week. You could see the game plan was, what we worked to.”

32 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Bruce is such a cunt.

Speaking of that gormless prick, remember how often he'd hark on that he wanted to play a back four, but "The players arnt suited to it and can only play in a back 5".

Anyone noticed what formation Howe has played in the last five games in which we've conceded only 3 goals and had 2 clean sheets?

Just now, nbthree3 said:

Has some nice quotes from the programme last week https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-united-captain-jamaal-lascelles-revealing-behind-the-scenes-insight-3572827

Jamaal Lascelles, in his programme column for last weekend’s 1-0 win over Aston Villa, said Howe was the “first one into the training ground, doesn't go home until late at night”.

“He puts absolutely everything into us doing well on a matchday,” said Newcastle’s captain. “You can see how much effort and passion and love he puts into the job.”

This is more a full-time job, and Howe has set the tone at the club with his work ethic. The club’s players and staff are working hard – and the team’s getting results.

Howe’s predecessor didn’t think that there was much that could be done while six of his players were away on international duty, and he angrily responded to a question about his time away from the training ground following a 4-1 defeat to Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Bruce said: "Do you think I really have to answer that to you? That's what the fans are asking, are they? We have trained all week, and we were in every day. The preparation was meticulous, let me tell you.

"There is nothing more in preparation (that could have been done). What was I supposed to do? We had six of them away. The preparation was fine, absolutely fine, and we’ve been in all week. You could see the game plan was, what we worked to.”

Of all of the Shit Bruce came out with in his time here, this was the most unforgivable for me. Going on holiday after a horrible, winless start start to the season... and giving his reason as "what am I supposed to do? we had six of them away" unbelievable, how about coach the fucking squad you fat prick. Its not even like our big hitters were away.

Jamal Lewis- glued to the bench

Schar- was benched for Clark....:anguish:

Fraser- told he couldnt get into the side unless he learned to play a box to box midfielder role [emoji38]

Hendrick- never used

Almiron and Krafth were the only ones in and around the first team. he tried to make it seem like it was just a few under 23 lads hanging around the training ground. God i hate that stupid cunt with a passion. still boils my blood.

Football365 are renowned for not having a clue, aren't they? Not a chance the owners would sit back and hear the fans supporting Howe, the team winning 3 on the bounce, and think Mourinho is the answer. There isn't even a question at the moment. 

Just now, 54 said:

Speaking of that gormless prick, remember how often he'd hark on that he wanted to play a back four, but "The players arnt suited to it and can only play in a back 5".

Anyone noticed what formation Howe has played in the last five games in which we've conceded only 3 goals and had 2 clean sheets?

He's from the same school of thought as that other brainless dunce Pardew. want to improve the defense? throw another CB on the pitch. Front foot attacking football? more strikers on the pitch for fret.

No actual thought to tactics, positioning, transitions, patterns of the play etc. 

Which player is going to be inspired by Bruce to become better? They’re looking at a guy who’s gone to seed who has no ambition other than to stay on the gravy train for as long as possible. With Howe, he’s setting a model for everyone in the club to follow. It’s amazing how simply someone with those standards can change the tone of the environment. It’s not just that he’s better in every facet of the game than Bruce and the PFM counterparts but he genuinely loves the job and wants to be the best he can be. Who else can you say that about? Only the top guys like Rafa, Guardiola etc. Howe’s attitude is the best thing about him, it’s positive and it’s flowing through the whole team now 

50 minutes ago, Palestoon said:

Bit of an exaggeration [emoji38] but Bruce mentioned in an interview that Fraser was working on being a number 8 to fit into the formation if he wanted to get minutes

"I've got the perfect position for you wee man. Stick these gloves on and get between the posts"