Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Don't think he got anything wrong really, another day we win that and everyone applauds him for winning ugly again, its just variance - some days you get it and some days you don't. I was certain we were on the right track before tonight and just as certain now

Just now, neesy111 said:

Totally wrong is way wide of the mark.

No it's not, what did we create as an attacking unit? That was a game that was there for the taking and with his team selections or substitutions he didn't make it happen. He's got it bang on most games recently, just not tonight.

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

No it's not, what did we create as an attacking unit? That was a game that was there for the taking and with his team selections or substitutions he didn't make it happen. He's got it bang on most games recently, just not tonight.

This place man.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I did, he set us up as he has since January, we controlled the game for large parts, but just lacked the same intensity.

We didn't create anything really and the substitutions had a negative effect. I agree he has got it pretty much spot on since January, just not tonight.

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

We should appoint a manager that never gets it wrong. 

Guest neesy111
4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Almiron and Krafth is a horrific right side, that’s really the only thing I could point to.

Presumably Shelvey wasn’t fit or well enough to start. 

Yet we got worse after miggy went off.

Might be unfair due to quality, balance and time but think what we saw was a tired and leggy team tonight and for me that’s down to lack of rotation. Seems the only way you can get in the side is through injuries. Everyone wanted Bruno in the team and really, if we’d have seen more of him I think Joe, willock and shelvey would have been fresher and not be carrying injuries. 

It was an off day/night tonight. All teams have those games where both sides aren't clicking and one moment pinches 3 points: we did it against Villa at home and away at Leeds. Everton did it against us tonight. Nowt to do with tactical setups, it's just the players don't click.

But aye questions on ASM for me. We've brought him on 2 games running at 0-0; one where we looked solid and the other in control without really creating much and in both we've gotten worse as a result. Why is that? And in both nothing he tries came off. Can't even count drawing a red card as it wasn't a red.

26 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Might be unfair due to quality, balance and time but think what we saw was a tired and leggy team tonight and for me that’s down to lack of rotation. Seems the only way you can get in the side is through injuries. Everyone wanted Bruno in the team and really, if we’d have seen more of him I think Joe, willock and shelvey would have been fresher and not be carrying injuries. 

Really hard to say because that continuity has got us the results that could well help us survive.

"We controlled the game. The only thing that was missing in the first half was a goal, and being really clinical in the final third, but that was missing for the entire game for us today.

I thought we got into some good positions but the normal rhythm wasn't there, for whatever reason. The second half was a big disappointment.

The red card gave us a big advantage and we didn't capitalise on that. I thought tactically, we didn't deliver the plan we should have done at that moment.

The game was there for us but we made some poor decisions with the ball by our high standards.

You're always liable to counter-attacks and moments that can still cost you the game. You have to be very alert and we weren't. We made a bad mistake for the goal and it cost us."

Fair assessment.