Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

Glimpse of how he wants us to play tonight...saw flashes of it throughout the 2nd half of the season but seeing them with the chains off and no pressure tonight, tremendous. 

Says as much in his post-match, which is encouraging. Incredibly stoked for next season.

Well, there goes the "failing against the Top 6" monkey off our back. Another achievement on what has been a fabulous run.

35 points off the second half of the season with Burnley away still to play. A couple of pastings hiding what has been an immense defensive performance with clean sheets galore. Young Bruno now up to speed and looking like one of the best midfielders in the league. 

The future's very bright. Thanks Eddie!

Be hard not to give it to klopp if they win all 4.

But howe is right there for what he's done this season .. imagine if the take over happened before the season started  and he was here game one ? 

30 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

But howe is right there for what he's done this season .. imagine if the take over happened before the season started  and he was here game one ? 

Premier league manager of the season should not be based on other competitions should it? 

31 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

Votings already closed before the match last night. Liverpool have so many unemployed and able to vote too, he’s a shoe in.

I cried at his interview :lol:

Not just because of Howe of course, more because of what this moment means for the club after so much shit for so long. 

Just absolutely gets it, says the right thing and shows great insight every time - both into tactical aspects of the game and also the special nature of Newcastle. 

It’s really difficult to talk about Newcastle fans, the mythical connection between club and city, without sounding a bit silly or cheesy. But he gets it absolutely spot on. And he’s never going to let the players drop their effort for a day. 

On the flip side, it’s not just Roy Keane style macho bollocks, it’s going to be accompanied with incredible detail in preparation and a lot of room for players to express themselves.

Bodes very well for the future. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

10 hours ago, Tiresias said:

I think that's slightly unfair, gerrard and lampard get plenty of wanking off from the press too. It did feel unfair he didnt get given a shot immediately after but he has used his time away to develop which is what a lot of british coaches fail to do. 

I think kinda we were suited to this, as grim as the bruce years were we have never had a 'toxic' dressing room really (the toxicity all came from Bruce more than anything) the players were dragging us over the line frequently but there was no plan and under bruce they were bascally given half the days off and do fuck all when meant to be training. The camaraderie has got better but it was there before there are lot of good characters in dressing room ready for Howe's approach

I agree with all this. Only read this thread this morning - just found out about the nominations. Genuinely surprised that Conte wasn’t nominated, particularly given the discussions in here.

Guest HTT II
22 minutes ago, Adam said:

He just nails it every time. I'm hoping we go on and win the lot but we can be sure he will give his all to get us there. 

I love the man and trust me, we are going all out in the summer, the new owners wanted someone to win things and will back Howe all the way, as their choice!

Edited by HTT II

Ridiculously, given the fact that they won just one of their first 11 home games, United reached 30 points at SJP for the first PL season since 2011/12:

2011/12 38 points from 19 matches
2012/13 28 points from 19 matches
2013/14 27 points from 19 matches
2014/15 26 points from 19 matches
2015/16 28 points from 19 matches
2017/18 28 points from 19 matches
2018/19 25 points from 19 matches
2019/20 26 points from 19 matches
2020/21 23 points from 19 matches
2021/22 30 points from 19 matches

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Noticeable he doesn't get the same level of support from the national press as other British managers. I feel he senses that too. Motivation for him and the squad.

I don’t think he cares. He’s to football focused :laugh2:

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Noticeable he doesn't get the same level of support from the national press as other British managers. I feel he senses that too. Motivation for him and the squad.

I think that’s due to the level of football he played. Lamps and Gerard who’ve done it all will always get the benefit of the doubt from their mates.

3 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

I think that’s due to the level of football he played. Lamps and Gerard who’ve done it all will always get the benefit of the doubt from their mates.

Agreed. I was thinking of those 2 in particular.  Imagine we hired Gerrard and he performed like this? The noise would’ve been deafening.  

I think it will help build a siege mentality long term. As a club we only have 1 vocal supporter in the media. I can see that Jenas playing up his affiliation with the club the more successful we are. The prick. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Agreed. I was thinking of those 2 in particular.  Imagine we hired Gerrard and he performed like this? The noise would’ve been deafening.  

I think it will help build a siege mentality long term. As a club we only have 1 vocal supporter in the media. I can see that Jenas playing up his affiliation with the club the more successful we are. The prick. 

It wouldn’t have been about the squad/fans/city/staff in the way Eddie always makes sure they’re known.

Would have been the Gerard show.