Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

On the Jose links: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/eddie-howe-gives-tough-verdict-26999356

Mourinho has always spoken romantically about Newcastle because of his long association with Sir Bobby Robson. Asked about Mourinho, Howe said: “People are going to get linked with the job. I have no issue with that. People talk. All I can do while I am here is do my best every day." When asked if Mourinho could land it, he laughed: “Well, I hope not!”

“The vision is a long-term vision. It's not the next two or three years - it's I believe the next five-to-eight years. Not overnight, no. There has to be realistic expectations on what we can spend. Our income at the moment as a football club isn't as big as we want it to be in the future, so that impacts our ability to spend.

"It doesn't mean we can't improve the squad, but it'll have to be bit by bit, it can't be an overnight thing, and that's due to the fact we need to expand revenue streams. I’ve always had the mindset that you’ve got to be creative and not moan or whinge at what you’re given. I’ve always had the mindset of getting the best out of what we have and find a way to be successful with it.

"It's difficult for me to speak on their behalf of anyone else but I think there are big ambitions, but those ambitions are in the future. And I think where the lines seem to get blurred a little bit sometimes is when they want to achieve success, and for it to be now. And we do, of course, as quickly as possible.”

Newcastle will open talks with Matt Targett over making his stay permanent in a £15m deal. Howe added: “I'm managing Newcastle United and it's an incredible experience.”

40 minutes ago, 54 said:

While I love reading the football insight, there's something hilarious about him describing going to an "A-Ha" concert and describing it as his "secret passion."

Love Eddie like.

Just seems like a sound and normal bloke. No ego whatsoever. Just got a feeling he’s going to be here in 5 years and held in the same regard as the likes of Robson. 

5 minutes ago, woody said:

While I love reading the football insight, there's something hilarious about him describing going to an "A-Ha" concert and describing it as his "secret passion."

Definitely David brentesque at times is Ed

57 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

My family side of things is Zoom calls in the evening, once they’ve finished school or the various clubs they do. I will make a point of phoning and seeing them visually every day… I’m intently listening to what they say. From their side, it’s one-word answers and they run off.

Cheers Eddie...crying again. 

1 hour ago, elbee909 said:

A-Ha does feel a little Partridge. But being a similar age to him I totally understand. :D

Don’t be dissing A-ha. Massively underrated band and brilliant live. :lol:

I tell you what, I thought I’d never love a manager again like I did with Keegan and Bobby. Hughton was a class act and Rafa incredibly special. Reading those Howe quotes though, knowing who he is as a person, how much he cares and wants it, how he’s clearly a genuinely decent person as well. If we can rise as a club together he’s going to be right up there for me with Keegan and Bobby. Feel proud to have him as a manager. Fuck me, maybe it was worth it after all to suffer for 14 years for what we have now 

Its impressive that hes already managed to play a huge role in the future of our club not just by keeping us up but doing it in style, seems to really get the club and city as well. The second half of this season has got to give him a boost of confidence going into what will be a difficult summer window and then into next season, despite the amazing job hes done with us so far the biggest challenges are ahead of us now.. building a side to crack top 6 (and then 4) will be more impressive to me than avoiding relegation from 7 points. I like him alot and really hope he can take us to the next level, what a story that would be.

Edited by Nine