Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

For me this is a transitional season, am just going to enjoy the ride and try to remain pragmatic rather than getting het up, even if last night felt like a kick in the knackers.

Theoretically we’ve not got the squad to compete with the top teams yet, but even with a weakened side we went toe to toe with the scousers and gave Man City a proper game when they’re blowing most other teams off the pitch.

The transformation so far is out of this world and it’s only just the start. We’ve got a great manager, players giving their all and outstanding team spirit.

I love it. I’ve got my club back. 

21 minutes ago, STM said:

Woke up this morning and the over-riding feeling isn't anger but pure joy.

It's no fluke, we aren't some fly by night, we are the real deal. Eddie Howe has transformed our side. We didn't even have our best players, at Anfield, and we took them to the wire.

Bring on the easier fixtures.

If we miss the CL places by one point at the end of the season, the result last night will be relevant and regrettable.

If we don't, then it's no big deal when placed in the context of us competing away at a Top 2 side with a makeshift team and a striker making his debut. There were so many positives in the game, too many to list here, that the result doesn't really matter. They'd already equalized, a little fortuitously I thought through Lascelles' legs, so what happened at the very end only cost one point not three.

19 minutes ago, Stottie said:

If we miss the CL places by one point at the end of the season, the result last night will be relevant and regrettable.

If we don't, then it's no big deal when placed in the context of us competing away at a Top 2 side with a makeshift team and a striker making his debut. There were so many positives in the game, too many to list here, that the result doesn't really matter. They'd already equalized, a little fortuitously I thought through Lascelles' legs, so what happened at the very end only cost one point not three.

CL? Not there yet.

7th should be target.

This bloke has more restraint in his little finger than I've got in my entire body. If someone had shoved a mic in front of me at 10.20 last night I'd had said things that would have got me arrested and a lifetime ban from management. Still absolutely fucking fizzing right now and I'm deliberately not looking at a few threads as it's not good for my mood :lol:

I'm trying to look for the positives - where we were a year ago, pushing them all the way (for 98 minutes), away from home and without 3 or 4 big players etc but then that burning sense of injustice takes over again. I'm just trying to store it away for use in the near future. Feeling this robbed and cheated can/will be turned into a huge positive in the next few months and years by Howe. Chin up and focus on Palace now, fucking unleash it all on Saturday afternoon 

6 hours ago, KingArthur said:

The problem is, fans of these teams that have been successful don't understand this. Barca or Liverpoo or City don't need to time waste like we did yesterday. They don't understand it is a way for smaller teams to kill the tempo and influence the game. 

I've seen Liverpool do it before once they are up in a game, it's just called clever game management when they do it

Obviously it's a rare thing for them as they usually outmatch most teams they face

We've seen this arrogance from Klopp a lot over the last few years, the way he was upset that Spurs dared to take points off them last season

I don't blame teams when they waste time against us, it's the responsibility of the referee to book players if he feels that is happening, not one of our players was booked for it

I really hope their season collapses

12 hours ago, ohmelads said:

Thanks for pointing that out, but that's even worse! If the cameras can't show any discernible offside, what is he doing putting his flag up? Goes against all his training and instructions as a linesman. Then some guy in a studio eyeballs a grainy image and manually puts two lines where he reckons they need to fall to say offside despite the guidance being that when you're guessing, you give the benefit of doubt to the attacker. Both are really dodgy decisions by the linesman and VAR and need to be called out. For Liverpool fans to moan about timewasting is delusional in the extreme. A deflection tactic perhaps? Their fans and pro-Liverpool media will obviously try to focus on the clock because it draws attention away from the obvious talking point.

I wonder...

The Lino putting his flag up. He shouldn't do that, like you say, and I believe the reason is specifically to allow the defence to carry on unaffected. By raising is flag he allows the argument to be brought. Even if the offside decision was not given, it would be controversial. The Scousers in the studio would be analysing every frame for a shot of VVD glancing at the lino.

6 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Just a shame the bottle wasn't glass and didn't hit one of their cunts tbh.

Fucking acid more like…