Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, Theregulars said:

Not at all, but be prepared to discuss it when challenged. Some of the opinions you’re posting don’t add up, and some of what you’re posting is incorrect (for example saying that Shelvey is injured, which is objectively untrue). 

I think your getting yourself in a bit of a palaver about nothing but who cares really

20 minutes ago, huss9 said:

arsenal went through the same shit last season when they blew the champions league spot.

stuck at it. and a couple of decent signings later....

i'm used to us falling away - we did under KK and SBR , so to me its a bit meh. annoying, but nowt new.

i just love the feeling emotion for my club again.

Yeah, we'll be fine. We look pretty much nailed on for a European place which is great.

The Europa league would be more winnable too next season you'd imagine, and so there's that to remember if we do end up falling into that.

There's really not much of a downfall to this season at all at this point. 

26 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Is this the same Theregulars from the podcast with Yorkie? ???

Yes; don’t let that put you off. I’m probably just stressed from a long and very difficult week at work, but sometimes I find that people won’t acknowledge facts or reality and it gets to me, because I think it’s a huge problem in our society.

37 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Last post on it because clearly it’s just annoying people, but as a general comment I do think people won’t accept any criticism, even where criticism is due. 

I find it very hard to criticize the manager really. He is still working with a lot of really limited players, most of whom he inherited, and most of whom he is getting much better performances from that you'd normally expect. And even at our very worst we still manage to pick up points on the day. He is doing a phenomenal job. It's almost laughable how good he is doing. It is February and we have lost one game all season, in very dodgy circumstances at Anfield.

Regarding signing of players in January, from all the information out there, it appears that they just weren't too enthused about the options that could be had, and felt it better to take a bit of a risk being slightly short, while waiting for the summer. Unlike the fans, they were not looking at the Champions League as extra motivation to go all out in the January window, which they would have had to do to get the players they really wanted it seems. They seem very confident that the long term plans are going to have us right up there regularly anyway and that's fair enough really.

It is very likely that we are going to end up in one of the European competitions once the season is all done, and that is a good first step for us for the time being regardless of if it is one of the Europa or even Conference league. 

I deliberately don't come on this forum now after a bad result. The knee jerk entitlement is so bad for the mental health.

Not sure what people expect. Destroy every team every week with our robots? 

This team. This team is challenging top 4 and it the final of a cup. This team filled with so many seemingly average players are absolutely smashing it.

Seriously WTF 

Can't we just enjoy the nice things for 1 season!?

5 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

When did we turn into fucking spurs fans.  We are 4th for fucks sake.

Only some of us have.

There's a lot of entitled fans about these days. 

Don't get me wrong, I've had a pop at things because we definitely have flaws... but some people completely miss the bigger picture. 

Edited by Wilson

2 hours ago, Theregulars said:

What do you think Anderson has done / has to offer that Shelvey hasn’t / doesn’t? Anderson has done literally nothing of note in a Newcastle shirt.

Personally don't think Anderson will ever make it here. Nothing I've seen suggests he's got the toolkit to make it as a top level player.

Could be wrong, but either way, we'll be looking for better in a year or two.