Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I find his calming nature both therapeutic and provocative. Therapeutic in that he talks utter sense, is measured, focused and rarely differentiates from his method and provocative in that his nature makes me want him to give a snippet of emotion or passion, or do something a bit wild but because he doesn't I feel I must take that to the game and really rally behind the lads.

22 minutes ago, Heron said:

I find his calming nature both therapeutic and provocative. Therapeutic in that he talks utter sense, is measured, focused and rarely differentiates from his method and provocative in that his nature makes me want him to give a snippet of emotion or passion, or do something a bit wild but because he doesn't I feel I must take that to the game and really rally behind the lads.

:thup: His training videos from Bournemouth show him being much more demanding and blunt than you ever see him in other situations.

12 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Eddie hopes for a pumping atmosphere today. I’m sure after 3 games away, Wor Flags, the fans today won’t disappoint. I hope the hairs are standing up on the back of our necks  and Spurs are shitting themselves! :indi:

Never realised they spelt it c,u,m. Bit odd.

On 18/04/2023 at 03:48, Coffee_Johnny said:

B3851AE0-A331-4770-961B-387ED6D5FF9E.thumb.jpeg.917f66b3944533212d703e3551be09be.jpeg

Thought I’d look at Eddie’s record over four time periods. All games since officially in charge (Norwich City); all games since January 2022 (allowing a six game settling in period); 2022 as a whole; and 2023 to date.
Third option is the most impressive. Over 55% win percentage, 1.96 points per game, and a goal difference of +40. Hoping remaining 2023 games (should be about 36 to go) show an even better return. They don’t to date, but only 13 games in. 

That's great data.

The strength of the league goes up and down, so its probably best to use points per game alongside league position.

Points per game will go down if the standard of the league goes up.  Brighton, Brentford, ourselves, ...

Liverpool in second last year will have had more points (92) than whichever or Arsenal and Man City grabs the title this season. That's Man City with Haarland as well.

12 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

He is now

????

He played the same system he always plays.  

Its teams that overload central areas, box midfields and can escape the press I haven’t seen an answer too.  

I don’t think Everton will try the above either and we’ll  be able to play our game. 

22 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

????

He played the same system he always plays.  

Its teams that overload central areas, box midfields and can escape the press I haven’t seen an answer too.  

I don’t think Everton will try the above either and we’ll  be able to play our game. 

:lol: wew. 

Once this season ends and we look back over what this man has gotten out of the players at his disposal man ... 

The change in fortunes in a year for Schar, Longstaff, Willock, Almiron, Joelinton and Murphy. This is unprecedented. Never seen anything like it.

Genuinely not sure any other manager pulls this off. Can't believe it.

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Once this season ends and we look back over what this man has gotten out of the players at his disposal man ... 

The change in fortunes in a year for Schar, Longstaff, Willock, Almiron, Joelinton and Murphy. This is unprecedented. Never seen anything like it.

I’ve no doubt we’ll start to see the best of Gordon too! 

32 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Agreed.

He's going under-rated in the media still.

Edited by The College Dropout

39 minutes ago, KaKa said:

100% this - just like he mentioned in one of his early interviews, he loves coaching and developing players and that is his strongest quality.

With regards to developing a plan B as well as being tactically astute I am sure this will continue to develop in time, he remains to be one of the youngest and most promising coaches in the division.

10 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Agreed.

He's going under-rated in the media still.

Yeah, the media don't really give him his dues. They were too busy hyping up Gerrard and Lampard ahead of the season.

They started giving him a bit of credit once we started very strongly and jumped into the top 4 earlier in the season and then started trying to push him for the England job, and he was like 'nope' :lol:

Don't think they liked that ;D

Edited by KaKa