Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Man City won the league last year, and were expected to do the same again.

Arsenal finished in the top 6, with a good foundation to build on.

Newcastle finished in the bottom half, with a squad deemed to be full of championship players.

I struggle to come to any other conclusion but the correct one.

29 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Man City won the league last year, and were expected to do the same again.

Arsenal finished in the top 6, with a good foundation to build on.

Newcastle finished in the bottom half, with a squad deemed to be full of championship players.

I struggle to come to any other conclusion but the correct one.

Eh? We didn’t finish in the bottom half did we?

sorry- just checked. So we did. Howe out

Edited by Hovagod

He’s good, like. Not many have pressed Brighton and made them look like mugs. Especially from goal kicks we had them sussed.

We were so good tactically. Trippier rarely went beyond halfway today for the first time all season and it was a decision that really worked.

8 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

It'll be interesting to see whether like you say we can take our chances (something despite having a brilliant season we've been very guilty of) or whether Howe will go more for something nearer to what Everton did and hit them fast and hard on the break, which is what we did to Man City when they came up here. 

:howe:

Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Honestly, that may be his most impressive win under us, especially given the stakes, and the pressure of the situation.

We played a team who love it when teams press them, and who on paper would be our Achilles heel, but he used their strength as their weakness, and pressed in a way periodically in very specific scenarios, otherwise we stood off and didn't allow them any space to play forward passes, and eventually they'd force it and we'd transition quickly. Seriously impressive.

A big test passed tonight, so brave of him to set us up to press like we did against a system like Brightons and it paid off. Class.

Edited by Nine

I wouldn't have picked him myself, so massive credit to Eddie for playing Almiron. He didn't get the ol' end product until the dying minutes, but was ferocious in the press and kept them under the kosh.

15 minutes ago, 54 said:

Honestly, that may be his most impressive win under us, especially given the stakes, and the pressure of the situation.

We played a team who love it when teams press them, and who on paper would be our Achilles heel, but he used their strength as their weakness, and pressed in a way periodically in very specific scenarios, otherwise we stood off and didn't allow them any space to play forward passes, and eventually they'd force it and we'd transition quickly. Seriously impressive.

Outstanding. The only reason that game was even close is because of a couple great saves / misses and one counter attack. That will happen sometimes of course, but I can't imagine what a performance like that could look like next season with some more talent and also some higher quality fresh legs to bring on in the second half.