Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

26 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Couldn’t have a better manager. 

He is the person who brings everything together, we have owners who are bought into the club, and some great players with good characters but it basically all hinges on Eddie pulling the major strings. Hope he’s here still in 2033

9 minutes ago, Cronky said:

I've just finished watching the second half of his press conference. I found that very emotional.

I just wish I was half the man that Eddie is. I really mean that.

A truly humble and inspiring human being. Our manager!! ♥️

Yup I still love Rafa but he's long surpassed him for me.

I honestly think if this season is a success including getting us out of this CL group it would put him above Sir Bobby for me, too.

Will probably take a trophy for me to start putting him above KK. 

Glad he's got us playing some great stuff again. After the Milan match I was worrying like a right fanny ?. But always wanted howe to stay and now he's proving me wrong again. Well done players and staff on there hard work. 

Rafa and Howe represented/stood for different times. Rafa was adored because of what he achieved with a minging owner - and stiff up to him in public. He could never have hit the heights Eddie had under Ashley. Rafa will be remembered for bringing hope back, making us feel like a proper club and team again. He had us United. 

But Eddie has genuinely been world class since he came in. Even now I think he’s criminally underrated. What he’s done has been incredible, bordering on unbelievable. We had Schar, Jamal, Burn , Murphy and Longstaff starting today and we looked as though we could compete with the best. He’s an elite coach. 

Both Eddie and Rafa will be remembered for a long time but for different reasons. 

41 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Rafa and Howe represented/stood for different times. Rafa was adored because of what he achieved with a minging owner - and stiff up to him in public. He could never have hit the heights Eddie had under Ashley. Rafa will be remembered for bringing hope back, making us feel like a proper club and team again. He had us United. 

But Eddie has genuinely been world class since he came in. Even now I think he’s criminally underrated. What he’s done has been incredible, bordering on unbelievable. We had Schar, Jamal, Burn , Murphy and Longstaff starting today and we looked as though we could compete with the best. He’s an elite coach. 

Both Eddie and Rafa will be remembered for a long time but for different reasons. 

Genuinely don’t think Benitez will be remembered for a long time tbh.

6 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Genuinely don’t think Benitez will be remembered for a long time tbh.

Depends on how you remember that era I guess. I’d had a season ticket throughout the Ashley era (and before) and absolutely detested most of it. Rafa , for me, brought back a bit of passion and hope, he was a class act, we ended up playing some good football. For me, I’ll always remember that era without a doubt.

This period under Eddie is obviously different. 

48 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Yeah. I think as a fanbase we have a tendency to slightly overrate Rafa as a coach/tactician. He galvanized the club and gave us a resoluteness on the pitch, but I think the love most of us feel for him probably comes from what he represented - someone who was delivering results in spite of Ashley, rather than being a croney for him. 

Howe is on a different level for me. I don't believe Rafa could have done anywhere close to the job he's done - I don't think many managers could have. Truly an incredible job he's done. 

3 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Depends on how you remember that era I guess. I’d had a season ticket throughout the Ashley era (and before) and absolutely detested most of it. Rafa , for me, brought back a bit of passion and hope, he was a class act, we ended up playing some good football. For me, I’ll always remember that era without a doubt.

This period under Eddie is obviously different. 

I remember Benitez’s time here with basically the same fondness. But just hard to imagine us looking back on Benitez’s time here for many years to come because ultimately he didn’t achieve anything special. (Please note: that is NOT a dig at Benitez, he did well for us under his circumstances. But managers get remembered for the right reasons for doing something special imo)

He’s arguably surpassed even Keegan at this point considering how much stronger the PL is these days.

Nothing to stop him becoming one of the greatest at this club, just need to break that trophy duck which is coming.

Edited by Whitley mag

One thing that's becoming very evident is that we're set up in a way that means we're not reliant on one scorer, this season already:

Aston Villa (5-1): 4 different scorers

Sheffield United (8-0): 8 different scorers

Burnley (2-0): 2 different scorers

PSG (4-1): 4 different scorers

Crystal Palace (4-0): 4 different scorers