Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

44 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

Every time I watch his pre match press conference I'm just over the moon and proud that he's our manager. Exactly the mentality and mindset we need.

Not forgetting the fact we want to watch his press conferences. So refreshing. He’s hurting at the moment, doing his best riding a bike with a buckled wheel, loose seat, slipped gear and a slack chain. He’ll sort this but he needs a bit of the rub of the green atm. Love the guy :indi:

15 hours ago, brummie said:

I think he's done a brilliant job, but you can't be part of the elite without winning something (and ideally, a lot) - that's the difference between, say, Klopp and Guardiola, who have hoovered up silverware, and Arteta*, who is a manager doing a very good job but not elite.  

Winning something does not make you elite, but not winning anything makes you not elite. Or something like that.

* The plastic-haired cunt.

I know what you mean, and it comes down to the meaning of particular words, but it's a little bit like that issue of whether Messi could be considered an all-time great until he'd won a World Cup, like Pele and Maradona.

Another factor with Eddie is that he's performed a similar miracle at another club. It can't be a fluke. 

What astonished me with Eddie is how bad the team were at the time that he took over, and how quickly he turned things round. We went from Sheffield United to the Champions League in no time at all. The amount spent does not explain that.

Someone mentioned that Mourinho link before didnt they? 

Would go against everything the current regime has done previously. 

Two pretty poor 6th place finishes with Roma. An EL final and an ECL win to his credit but hes been finished at the elite level for years. Stay well clear. 

37 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Someone mentioned that Mourinho link before didnt they? 

Would go against everything the current regime has done previously. 

Two pretty poor 6th place finishes with Roma. An EL final and an ECL win to his credit but hes been finished at the elite level for years. Stay well clear. 

He just finds a player to pick on and then tries to bully the rest of team to not end up like the one he's singled out. Howe has coached some relatively average players into solid starters, as well as instilling some passion and togetherness at the club - the only time I've seen Jose get togetherness in a team is when he developed a siege mentality at Chelski the first time round. I want to see what Eddie can do over at least a 5-6 year period.

1 hour ago, Armchair Pundit said:

He just finds a player to pick on and then tries to bully the rest of team to not end up like the one he's singled out. Howe has coached some relatively average players into solid starters, as well as instilling some passion and togetherness at the club - the only time I've seen Jose get togetherness in a team is when he developed a siege mentality at Chelski the first time round. I want to see what Eddie can do over at least a 5-6 year period.

As much as I agree you can’t just discount Porto & Inter Milan

As much as it would be a risky appointment (it never ends well) Mourinho would get the backing of the fans through his Sir Bobby routes. It would be an entertaining watch for a couple years too. For me I hope Howe is still in the job for years to come and we become successful.

1 minute ago, black_n_white said:

As much as it would be a risky appointment (it never ends well) Mourinho would get the backing of the fans through his Sir Bobby routes. It would be an entertaining watch for a couple years too. For me I hope Howe is still in the job for years to come and we become successful.

If Howe was to leave I'd take him tbf, he knows how to win a cup. However I wouldn't take him over Howe.

Edited by WideopenMag

2 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Did a good job at Chelsea by spending a lot of money but I thought he did a poor job at Man U and also at Spurs. I wouldn't want him anywhere near us

Did he not win the europa league with man united- and qualify for Europe? 

He got to a final with spurs also

Thought he came accross well in the spurs doc- would never take him over Howe though 

33 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Did a good job at Chelsea by spending a lot of money but I thought he did a poor job at Man U and also at Spurs. I wouldn't want him anywhere near us

Think his Man United stint is looked back on a lot differently tbf, won a trophy and got a poor squad second. Other than Spurs where he was sacked before a cup final he has won a trophy at every club he's managed.

Can’t even begin to think of wanting another manager (speculation or other) on the day of our Champions league match! I back him all the way. He’s our future. Time will tell us that. He’s been through far worse at Bournemouth and came through it a stronger man, he will with us as he learns and adapts through this testing time :indi:

This is the thing. People might accurately say no one has called for Howe to be sacked, but when, after two bad results in an injury crisis lasting months we have people nitpicking, inventing hypothetical scenarios about what might take place months from now, and nominating what their preferred type of replacement would be, it's clear the table is being set.

Edited by 80

On 11/12/2023 at 20:04, rgk_lfc said:

I know it is not a popular opinion around here but Klopp is a brilliant manager. He has been luck or clever enough to pick jobs where he is supported by a brilliant back office infrastructure at Dortmund and Liverpool.

Howe is a brilliant manager too but still figuring things out. He is at Klopp's Mainz or early Dortmund stage of development. You also have a brilliant background team but which is still establishing itself. 

When you are improving a club based on processes and innovative practice on and off the pitch, patience is required. It is not always linear. 

It's not that people don't think Klopp is a brilliant manager. We just think he's a repulsive cunt.