Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Posted (edited)

Spurned chances tonight so can't blame him. But teams haven't had to work hard to score against us all season away from home.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Getting a bit infuriating that he’s persisting with the same old shit players over others, even when they are fit, same with the no subs until late on.

How the fuck is Murphy starting ahead of Barnes or Almirón?

Longstaff and Anderson just are not going to cut it for us, why keep playing them?

It was like Burn at LB, how many games did he cost us before he changed it?

He’s either too naive, or too stubborn, and he needs to learn, otherwise he’s not going to take us to the next level, and he’s not going to progress to the next level.

How can ANY of the coaches watch Man United on corners in that first half and not have us make the adjustment for the 2nd half. That 2-1 goal effectively finished us.

Defensively away from home we must be down with the relegation fodder stats wise. Much work to do in summer where fucking dreadful at the back and the sooner he realises a number 6 would be beneficial away from home the better.

Just now, Whitley mag said:

Defensively away from home we must be down with the relegation fodder stats wise. Much work to do in summer where fucking dreadful at the back and the sooner he realises a number 6 would be beneficial away from home the better.

He doesn’t play one, never has. 

Just now, et tu brute said:

Like it or not, he's under massive pressure next season. 

Did wonder how long it would take for the usual to get horny on main for ruthless daddy Yassir.

He's under no pressure, everyone with a brain cell is massively impressed with how well he's done given the hand dealt this season 

5 minutes ago, captainhaircut said:

Let’s not forget we’d still be playing Burn at left back if Lascelles hadn’t got injured. 

What's your point?

We had three games to get into europa league sitting in pole position. And he still played our weaker players when we have our best back. Subbed isak against brighton when a win would of took the pressure of us tonight. 

I still cannot believe we kept fucking playing Burn at LB when we had Lewis Hall there - what a fucking player he has been since he had to start playing him.

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We weren’t bad. Had our chances.  Lacked a bit of quality and luck in crucial moments. 

We had chances, we where also bad.

Just now, worthy said:

I still cannot believe we kept fucking playing Burn at LB when we had Lewis Hall there - what a fucking player he has been since he had to start playing him.

Hall himself has admitted he was struggling in training for a while after joining.

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

We have the 15th best away form in the league this season, picking up 3 points more than Burnley on the road.

4th best home form.

The big calls tonight for me were Joelinton and Pope and you're ultimately defined by the result regardless of which decision you make. Pope especially should have been a no-brainer if he's fit.

I don’t think we played badly at all tonight. Just shit defending for first goal + woeful goalkeeping all game + missed chances + dodgy VAR.

My only criticism of Howe tonight is that Dubravka wasn’t hauled, the absolute fraud.

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Like it or not, he's under massive pressure next season. 

I think he’s under massive pressure right now. Getting Europe after all the injuries this season would have been impressive but to be in the driving seat with 3 games to go and to pick up 1 point from 6 against two teams we can and maybe should beat, it’s going to raise questions.

They will stick with him but there’ll be a magnifying glass on him from the start of next season now.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

The big calls tonight for me were Joelinton and Pope and you're ultimately defined by the result regardless of which decision you make. Pope especially should have been a no-brainer if he's fit.

I don’t think Joelinton is fit enough to start a game like. Agree on Pope though.

While our away form across the season is a cause for concern, I don't think he did loads wrong tonight. Fine margins at both ends of the pitch cost us.

Ultimately though, for a number of reasons both in and out of Howe's control, we've been too soft on the road for a top six finish.

6 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Did wonder how long it would take for the usual to get horny on main for ruthless daddy Yassir.

He's under no pressure, everyone with a brain cell is massively impressed with how well he's done given the hand dealt this season 

And here are the sheep

1 minute ago, andycap said:

We had three games to get into europa league sitting in pole position. And he still played our weaker players when we have our best back. Subbed isak against brighton when a win would of took the pressure of us tonight. 

True, mind. Love Eddie, happy for him to him to be in charge next season but he’s got it massively wrong last 2 games and pretty much all season away from home - 17 points from 18 games! He’s not ruthless or clever enough in fixtures like this and he has to improve. Sincerely hope he does. 

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

I think he’s under massive pressure right now. Getting Europe after all the injuries this season would have been impressive but to be in the driving seat with 3 games to go and to pick up 1 point from 6 against two teams we can and maybe should beat, it’s going to raise questions.

They will stick with him but there’ll be a magnifying glass on him from the start of next season now.

? No there won’t man… if you believe that you clearly haven’t been paying attention to how Amanda and co want to run this club. It’s all (quite rightly) about stability and growing together.

Theres is literally no other manager out there that I’d have instead of Howe… I just can’t see any logical feasible argument for him being under any pressure at all really.

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

We have the 15th best away form in the league this season, picking up 3 points more than Burnley on the road.

4th best home form.

Say no more that’s pitiful and has cost us massively.