Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Everton were awful.  Im Not taking much solace from ‘controlling the game’. We looked laboured in possession.  Press was poor. 

We should’ve won it because we have better players than them. But we were not impressive. I’ve not been impressed with us in general. 

Teams that dominate the ball and are setup to be countered suit us.  We need to counter press those sides that will have less of the ball.  

This. I was concerned some of our supporters were giving them too much respect before the game when in truth they have been a relegation threatened side for three seasons running. A draw was a poor result yesterday, the truth is we just weren't good enough to put them away despite us having enough chances to win by three goals. Yes we were missing a striker, but that's our own fault. And they were missing their best defender so not really as much of an excuse as it would be normally.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

We are more than capable of beating Brighton at home. 

I was a lot more confident of beating Everton away, and after watching it yesterday that was the right call because Everton are abysmal. That said, Brighton aren't pulling up any trees this season, hopefully we'll find our shooting boots by then.