Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

6 minutes ago, jack j said:

Said he's hear to manage the football club. Never acknowledged them. Then 2 other journos repeated the same question after he'd answered

"I really need to press you for an answer here" 

It's at this point on FM I usually type some swears in the box 

Well, I often said I'd believe it when I see it... yet, I'm still finding it difficult to believe. 

We have new owners. 

We have a manager that is seeminly a real nice bloke and a good coach. 

I was too young to understand why people were getting excited back in 1992 when SJH became owner and appointed Keegan. I'm not sure if we're at that level or if the comparisons are wide of the mark, but damn... it's just nice to be able to support my team again without feeling as if my team hates the fanbase. 

1 minute ago, junkhead said:

There is more! Why did they cut it off ffs??

Only a fraction of viewers are interested they were never going to show the full thing. I’m sure Newcastle will upload the full thing to YouTube or nufctv

I have to say, I've been taking everything in this week and honestly I'm fighting Howe's corner tooth and nail. I desperately want him to succeed and I think even if we don't get survival I want him to have a crack at getting us back up, but I know he's going to keep us up no bother. Feels great to have the managers back and be kicking every ball for the club in games again. 

11 minutes ago, Decky said:

Knocking those ridiculous questions back like a pro. What do they honestly expect him to say to that? 

I can't wait for this feature in FM22. 

"You've just won the title; how do you feel about human rights?"

Gutted Sky cut that short, was really enjoying it.  Handled the persistent attempts to ask about  human rights really well, didn't look fazed at all.

Bet Alistair Magowan was desperately trying to think of another question to ask after he said he was only interested in the football aspect.

Edited by deejeck
spelling

Just now, Rafalove said:

To be fair there’s absolutely nothing wrong with them pushing for an answer on an important topic. People shouldn’t be so defensive.

No comment.

"The public will want an answer"

No comment.

"I've got to press you for an answer, they'll want to know."

STORMS OUT OF PRESS CONFERENCE.

1 minute ago, Rafalove said:

To be fair there’s absolutely nothing wrong with them pushing for an answer on an important topic. People shouldn’t be so defensive.

They are giving a football manager more stick than the actual government, who also deal with the saudis :lol:

Edited by Klaus

Just now, Rafalove said:

Yeah. I could nitpick and say I wished he had something meaningful to say on the topic, as I criticised Bruce for similar deflection. But at least Howe isn't lying when he says he's concentrating on football. 

Wow.. 

A manager who does not interrupt the interviewer before the question ends.

A manager who does not belittle his job, the the history, the traditions, the supporters of his club.

A manager who does not go "it is.what it is and we have to accept it" but instead says "the players and the coaching team will give their all, sacrifice and suffer to make the club better again".

A manager who does not go "i have 20 years of experience and 1000 games under my belt" but instead says education is important and he continues to learn even when he was out of the game.

Bagawd JR. That's my gaffer Eddie Howe! Love the bloke.

1 minute ago, Rafalove said:

Just play it with a straight bat like Howe did and they will soon get the message and stop asking

5 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Indeed. They're absolutely right to ask, but he's absolutely right in how he's answered it. Both sides have done their job and now we can move on and focus on the football.

2 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

I can understand why it was asked but its obvious his focus is on the playing squad, Brentford and keeping us in the Premier League. If he had serious issues with the ownership he wouldn't be doing this press conference today and wouldn't be our manager. The press know what they're doing, his first interview and lots of attention so lets make the Saudi human rights issue the first three questions he gets asked. It wouldn't surprise me if they start asking the players about it in their post match interviews next. The playing/coaching staff need to be separated from the issue imo. They've asked Howe several times now, they shouldn't ask again. 

4 minutes ago, Klaus said:

They are giving a football manager more stick than the actual government, who also deal with the saudis :lol:

They’re sports journalists so they would. Don’t get me wrong though the government absolutely should be getting more criticism than us.