Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

It's a pleasure to listen to a manager who isn't - at best - spewing out whatever meaningless platitude he can come up with, in order to get to the end of the question as quickly as possible or - at worst - coming out with bare-faced lies. 

He's made a great start, it has to be said. He's spoken very well but he's letting his work do the talking, too. There was a fear that he might 'suffer' from the very public nature of him being second choice, but if his commitment is anything to go by, that'll be a completely forgotten thought in no time. 

Beat Brentford and we're off to a flyer. Really, really excited for that game. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

It's a pleasure to listen to a manager who isn't - at best - spewing out whatever meaningless platitude he can come up with, in order to get to the end of the question as quickly as possible or - at worst - coming out with bare-faced lies. 

He's made a great start, it has to be said. He's spoken very well but he's letting his work do the talking, too. There was a fear that he might 'suffer' from the very public nature of him being second choice, but if his commitment is anything to go by, that'll be a completely forgotten thought in no time. 

Beat Brentford and we're off to a flyer. Really, really excited for that game. 

The type of football he plays, you'd think Brentford would be just about as perfect a first game as possible. Not a great side, on a bit of a downward turn of form etc. Get the players up-for-it and out the traps early with the crowd bouncing.

I'm most excited to see how transformative even just a couple of weeks might be for our attacking play.

19 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

I honestly get Keegan/SBR vibes from him. 

He seems a perfect mix of the two of them. Passionate and methodical. Really can’t wait to see the style of football he’s going to try and implement. 

I don't get the vibes from him but I do from the club set up.......mainly the financial aspect to be honest.

1 minute ago, Bizza said:

Never ceases to amaze me just how fucking tiny our dressing rooms are :lol:

SAFC have bigger ones for the under 9s FFS!

37 minutes ago, Decky said:

To me the playing side of the club are just there to play the game and don't really have the responsibility to carry the ownership on their shoulders. Fans for example can boycott the club and protest ownership, as we have done before. The owners should of course be held to account. Questioning the players and coaches about the actions of the owners isn't something I've typically seen before unless I've just missed it.

There's plenty of shady owners in football, I've never seen our coaches/players getting questioned when Ashley was all over the news for his depraving zero hour contracts and horrible working conditions. Or Chelsea's coaches/players being questions on Abramovich's shady dealings, Sheffield United with their Saudi connections etc. Maybe it has happened in other instances but I just haven't seen it. 

Just because “ questioning players and coaches about the actions of the owners” hasn’t been done before doesn’t mean it shouldn’t  be done( although maybe it has?) For me fans absolutely can take blame on this but actually I think players and managers have more responsibility on this issue. In the vast majority of these cases they already are very wealthy, and have a number of other clubs to choose from. Pep absolutely has the power to come out and say “ I’m not going there because of human rights abuses”.

For fans I think we can also boycott but it’s a bit different. We’ve supported   Our club for many years before the Saudi’s. It’s where we get our sense of community. For some it’s something that has been passed down through four/five maybe more generations. There’s one club for us, but many players /coaches.

They also are held with higher status and esteem than your ordinary fan, and particularly in the modern age many see themselves as activists, yet they’ll take money from anyone? And they shouldn’t be questioned on that, but say your average Newcastle fan should? I don’t think that’s right.

see you can’t conflate Ashley and the Saudi’s. Ashley is a horrible bastard, but the Saudi’s are many times worse.

Same goes for the others, and just because Sheffield United’s owners are Saudi doesn’t mean they are responsible for human rights abuses. They’re Saudi, but they’re not actually the state. We are the state.

2 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Just because “ questioning players and coaches about the actions of the owners” hasn’t been done before doesn’t mean it shouldn’t  be done( although maybe it has?) For me fans absolutely can take blame on this but actually I think players and managers have more responsibility on this issue. In the vast majority of these cases they already are very wealthy, and have a number of other clubs to choose from. Pep absolutely has the power to come out and say “ I’m not going there because of human rights abuses”.

For fans I think we can also boycott but it’s a bit different. We’ve supported   Our club for many years before the Saudi’s. It’s where we get our sense of community. For some it’s something that has been passed down through four/five maybe more generations. There’s one club for us, but many players /coaches.

They also are held with higher status and esteem than your ordinary fan, and particularly in the modern age many see themselves as activists, yet they’ll take money from anyone? And they shouldn’t be questioned on that, but say your average Newcastle fan should? I don’t think that’s right.

see you can’t conflate Ashley and the Saudi’s. Ashley is a horrible bastard, but the Saudi’s are many times worse.

Same goes for the others, and just because Sheffield United’s owners are Saudi doesn’t mean they are responsible for human rights abuses. They’re Saudi, but they’re not actually the state. We are the state.

What if they simply don't care? Is that an acceptable answer? 

Loved that press conference. The difference between Bruce and this guy is off the scale. He's intelligent, lucid and has a calm air of authority about him. Bloody marvellous. Let's all give him the time and patience that he deserves to turn this around.