Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Decky said:

I can understand why it was asked but its obvious his focus is on the playing squad, Brentford and keeping us in the Premier League. If he had serious issues with the ownership he wouldn't be doing this press conference today and wouldn't be our manager. The press know what they're doing, his first interview and lots of attention so lets make the Saudi human rights issue the first three questions he gets asked. It wouldn't surprise me if they start asking the players about it in their post match interviews next. The playing/coaching staff need to be separated from the issue imo. They've asked Howe several times now, they shouldn't ask again. 

They have to ask. Fans of other clubs would be rightly annoyed if they didn't even ask about it. It's an important topic.

But asking is a box-ticking exercise - They have to ask, he has to say he's just here to talk football. But the box must be ticked so that everyone can see that both sides have done their job. Now we move on.

It only becomes an issue if both sides don't do their job - Howe starts talking about human rights all the time, or the press start hounding him about it at every press conference. Today was fine though, get it out the way early so that both sides can do what they need to, and move on.

2 minutes ago, Decky said:

I can understand why it was asked but its obvious his focus is on the playing squad, Brentford and keeping us in the Premier League. If he had serious issues with the ownership he wouldn't be doing this press conference today and wouldn't be our manager. The press know what they're doing, his first interview and lots of attention so lets make the Saudi human rights issue the first three questions he gets asked. It wouldn't surprise me if they start asking the players about it in their post match interviews next. The playing/coaching staff need to be separated from the issue imo. They've asked Howe several times now, they shouldn't ask again. 

why should they be separated? They’re as complicit as us fans, and We’ve had criticism(rightly so). Why should Eddie or. pep or Poch be spared from criticism same as Messi, Neymar, De Bruyne or anyone else that plays for a state backed club used for sports washing, or anyone from any other sport like Joshua or Hamilton?

1 minute ago, Rafalove said:

why should they be separated? They’re as complicit as us fans, and We’ve had criticism(rightly so). Why should Eddie or. pep or Poch be spared from criticism same as Messi, Neymar, De Bruyne or anyone else that plays for a state backed club used for sports washing, or anyone from any other sport like Joshua or Hamilton?

They don’t ask them though. Just NUFC. Haven’t got a problem with it but it should be asked in all sports/teams as you highlighted. 

49 minutes ago, 54 said:

Watching this and also his presser just now, I'm so impressed to how much imortance he places on education. He repewts it several times. Really learns and wants to better himself and his coaching.

And he uses 'we' instead of 'I'. Shows how much he appreciates his coaching team. Not a sniff of arrogance. None  of the 'i have 20 years of experience and 1000 games and I get abused that my dead parents would be heartbroken if they heard it' craic.

New Head Coach said he spent his time out of football putting his training sessions into a digital format so he can streamline his coaching and make it easier for players to understand. 

Old Head Coach didn’t want to learn how to use an iPad and wasn’t really into tactics. 

4 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

To me the playing side of the club are just there to play the game and don't really have the responsibility to carry the ownership on their shoulders. Fans for example can boycott the club and protest ownership, as we have done before. The owners should of course be held to account. Questioning the players and coaches about the actions of the owners isn't something I've typically seen before unless I've just missed it.

There's plenty of shady owners in football, I've never seen our coaches/players getting questioned when Ashley was all over the news for his depraving zero hour contracts and horrible working conditions. Or Chelsea's coaches/players being questions on Abramovich's shady dealings, Sheffield United with their Saudi connections etc. Maybe it has happened in other instances but I just haven't seen it. 

They asked him about the Edwards guy at Liverpool that we have been linked with for the DOF position, and Howe said he knew him well and admired his work, but didn't know anything about him coming in as DOF. Didn't get the sense that was a goer.

43 minutes ago, Decky said:

Said he is just focusing on the football. When he was asked again he said he's repeating himself now but as he said hes just focusing on the football. Nothing about it since.

Who was the jounalist who asked? Holt, Delaney?

Articulate, intelligent, thoughtful, methodical, diligent, professional, calm, excited, competent, happy… he comes across so well and seems a great fit. Can’t wait, he’s my time of manager/coach in every sense, good look Howe!

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Who was the jounalist who asked? Holt, Delaney?

Musgrove I think, BBC fella with a chip on his shoulder and a repulsive attitude to anything north of the Watford gap