Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

He seems genuinely humbled to have the opportunity to manage this club, which is flattering coming from a man of his calibre, and unbelievably refreshing after suffering the Ashley agenda for the last decade or so. The respect is there, and it's totally genuine.

It's just a pity his awe is very much about an NUFC from the past as opposed to the current one (the intoxicating grandeur of an empty SJP, presumably, aside); hopefully he'll play a big part in making the next era an exciting one which will also be looked back upon fondly. 

It's nice to get the feeling that we're not seen as some two-bit operation and - in fact - seen as exactly what we are: a big club, a rich cultural institution, and something a man with his reputation should feel priveleged to be associated with. 

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

He seems genuinely humbled to have the opportunity to manage this club, which is flattering coming from a man of his calibre, and unbelievably refreshing after suffering the Ashley agenda for the last decade or so. The respect is there, and it's totally genuine.

It's just a pity his awe is very much about an NUFC from the past as opposed to the current one (the intoxicating grandeur of an empty SJP, presumably, aside); hopefully he'll play a big part in making the next era an exciting one which will also be looked back upon fondly. 

It's nice to get the feeling that we're not seen as some two-bit operation and - in fact - seen as exactly what we are: a big club, a rich cultural institution, and something a man with his reputation should feel priveleged to be associated with. 

Its also that Bruce seemed to have a mindset of “you’re lucky to have me here” and “you’d be in a bad place without me” 

He’s incredibly likeable and comes across better than I ever expected.

He has the fans right behind him and once and for all puts to bed the stupid way we get labelled as Southern hating Geordies .

This sexy fucker could take us down and I’d still be all ower him :smitten:

2 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

He forgot to mention Bruce, one of the most important managers in the last 100 years. How could he make such a mistake?

1 hour ago, GWN said:

once and for all puts to bed the stupid way we get labelled as Southern hating Geordies

Of course it fucking won't. :lol:

We hated southerners until Rob Lee and Les Ferdinand came. We hated everyone not from the region until Rafa came. We only wanted Geordies until Bruce came. Then we just hated Bruce because Sunderland.

The media will always find a shit stereotype they can pin to us. It's easy, lazy, and sells papers. They'll just change today's stereotype to fit in with whoever we last disliked (sorry, HOUNDED OUT).

Edited by Chris_R

The biggest thing for me is how sold he seems on the vision and what’s to come for the club. Exciting times ahead, can’t believe it’s actually happening. 35 days ago we had Mike Ashley and Steve Bruce, ffs, and not a pot to piss in.

He's just a decent bloke, you know he truly means what he says. We're all hoping it works out but if its doesn't it wont be from the want of him trying and giving it his all. We're all called deluded but all we want is a team and a manager that tries and cares, looks like we're going to have it.

3 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Good press conference, I pure love him now.

People need to chill out about the journalists asking about SA, finding it canny embarrassing people are so sensitive about it.  It's both inevitable and good. If we're going to be part of a sportswashing operation I feel a bit better about it if it's countered a little by people highlighting the negatives of Saudi Arabian regime. Don't take it so personally.

Yeah I agree there, though as I’ve said before I still don’t really see the evidence of this sportswashing aside from a few idiots wearing tea towels and waving Saudi flags. The negative attitudes seem to outweigh this significantly. 

I just find the sportswashing view has been used to describe this takeover as an unquestionable fact from the media, but if that’s what they’re trying then they need to up their game. 

26 minutes ago, Rich said:

The biggest thing for me is how sold he seems on the vision and what’s to come for the club. Exciting times ahead, can’t believe it’s actually happening. 35 days ago we had Mike Ashley and Steve Bruce, ffs, and not a pot to piss in.

35 days! :lol:

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Just a very impressive guy all round. His dedication, intensity, application and obsession with being the best he can be shines through. He seems like the kind of manager that will make impactful in-game changes, give inspiring team talks and have a plan A,B &C for every situation. 

I really fucking hope he succeeds! He’s great! 

10 hours ago, Yorkie said:

True dat