Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

There is just something about him that is transformational. Not just a feeling either. He really is Bournemouth Keegan 

I'm so thrilled for the guy man. A real pleasure getting behind him and this team. Would love to see him really establish himself here and take the club right to the top.

That training camp was just the ticket in hindsight. Been so much better defensively since and off the ball we’re pressing when it’s right to do so and sitting off at the right times too. Making the opposition look like us under Bruce. 

Fantastic so far. What a man! The defensive turnaround has been amazing.

Now there is the first bit of breathing room, I wonder how he approaches West Ham away next week. Since its Brentford home the week after, a far more important game, it might be worth rotating some lads in, especially if injuries are piling up. Play Targett and Burn but start Bruno, maybe even rest ASM. Brentford have Arsenal away in the meantime, so it's likely that beating them would mean going level with them or better with games in hand.

Just now, Stottie said:

Fantastic so far. What a man! The defensive turnaround has been amazing.

Now there is the first bit of breathing room, I wonder how he approaches West Ham away next week. Since its Brentford home the week after, a far more important game, it might be worth rotating some lads in, especially if injuries are piling up. Play Targett and Burn but start Bruno, maybe even rest ASM. Brentford have Arsenal away in the meantime, so it's likely that beating them would mean going level with them or better with games in hand.

Brentford is away too

Just a reminder that we've went from a manager who took a 4 day holiday to Portugal during an international break, to someone who is at the training ground grafting his bollocks off for 12+ hours a day. 

2 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Mad to think that we were 3 minutes away from beating Watford which would have meant a 100% win record in the PL in 2022.

This team is looking up, not down.

:lol: we're definitely at least another win away from me even contemplating forgetting Clark's red against Norwich. 

16 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Not helping yourself with this like [emoji38]

Well, he may well not be transformational for us, but he already has a track record with another club. I'm not treating him as a god, dude :lol: I could understand the criticism to a point, but it got to absurd levels, man.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

2 hours ago, 54 said:

One thing he's not getting much praise for is for how good we've been defensively, in the last 5 games we've only conceded 3 goals, given his reputation when he first came in, that year off has clearly taught him a few things. 

Yep. There has to be some serious level of planning to be pressing so high up the pitch yet maintaining such good defensive shape in tandem. It's inspiring.

2 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Well, he may well not be transformational for us, but he already has a track record with another club. I'm not treating him as a god, dude :lol: I could understand the criticism to a point, but it got to absurd levels, man.

Oh, sorry, I see what you meant not. Bournemouth's Keegan... :thup:

"It wasn't the prettiest - and we're probably the first to admit that - but I think it was beautiful at the same time, from our perspective because the beauty was in our defending and in our detail.

"I thought the players gave everything to what was a difficult game - I don't think either side played the perfect game.

"We feel we have got a good balance; the shape of the team is good and we feel the organisation is there.

"We had to manage the lead and do the horrible things really well and, even in the last few minutes, the lads were putting their bodies on the line and stopping crosses and blocking shots - everything you need when you are in a relegation battle.

"In weeks gone by, we might have lost that game - or not won it - and now I think we are showing newfound resilience and confidence, so that is great to see."

On Kieran Trippier:

"Trippier got stamped on and he couldn't continue with a problem on the top of his foot, so he's gone for an X-ray at the hospital.

"We're keeping everything crossed hoping that there's no broken bone."

Very Rafa like off the ball in terms of defending, shape, compactness, keeping our discipline and seeing a game out. He was criticised for being too gung ho at Bournemouth and lacking defensive nous, but our last 3 games is as good as I’ve seen off the ball defensively in many a year, you’d think Rafa was back in the dugout… bodes so well!

What I like most about Howe is his constant striving to be better. Staying up isn’t something he will celebrate, and if that does happen and we come top half next season, he won’t be happy with that too.

I know I shouldn’t bring him up again, but it is just a complete and utter different Universe to our last “manager” who was delighted finishing 17th. 

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Very Rafa like off the ball in terms of defending, shape, compactness, keeping our discipline and seeing a game out. He was criticised for being too gung ho at Bournemouth and lacking defensive nous, but our last 3 games is as good as I’ve seen off the ball defensively in many a year, you’d think Rafa was back in the dugout… bodes so well!

for sure, even better is the pressing higher up the field while not looking completely exposed at the back. after years of pulling my hair out during the bruce and pardew eras where one or two players press with no plan while the rest of the team dropped off leaving loads of space in between... they really were a pair of charlatans. no plan or team cohesion, got away with it for so long. so much better now, and Howe deserves a lot of credit

Edited by Palestoon

47 minutes ago, TRon said:

Very gratifying that he's won both head to head battles with his rivals for the job of NUFC manager. Lampard and now Gerrard put in their place, no doubt about it, we made the right choice.

I'm sure the media will be as swift to point that out as they would if it had gone the other way.