Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Guest reefatoon

I don’t think international football has the pull like it used too. Managers are better off trying to get top jobs in the top leagues. 

Like we’ve discussed before, it’s not a job for top managers.

Howe would only be interested if he was sick of club management or couldn’t get a job. 

No idea who we would end up with if we ditched Southgate. I think they would insist on the person being English as well, so it would probably be a young manager or someone from the second tier. 

13 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Like we’ve discussed before, it’s not a job for top managers.

Howe would only be interested if he was sick of club management or couldn’t get a job. 

No idea who we would end up with if we ditched Southgate. I think they would insist on the person being English as well, so it would probably be a young manager or someone from the second tier. 

Dyche or Gerrard imo.

43 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Dyche is actually a likely candidate, wouldn’t be popular but would be seen as a safe option by the board 

Not with the rumours around his exit from Burnley, the FA will only go for someone squeaky clean after what happened with Allardyce.

Just now, Jackie Broon said:

Not with the rumours around his exit from Burnley, the FA will only go for someone squeaky clean after what happened with Allardyce.

What were those rumours? Talk of dodgy dealings? I can’t remember what the noise was 

3 hours ago, Jackie Broon said:

Very unlikely yes, but not zero chance. I think the only thing that would make him take the job, if it becomes avaliable, is if he feels he has a patriotic duty to take it. I don't think there's zero chance of him thinking that.

Nope, there's not even the remotest chance that he will be tempted. Absolutely nothing will make him consider that job. Underneath that nice guy exterior is a very smart and calculating person and he knows better than anyone that he has landed the dream job in football. To give that up for the poisoned chalice of the England job would be complete madness. And Eddie Howe is definitely not mad.

11 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Nope, there's not even the remotest chance that he will be tempted. Absolutely nothing will make him consider that job. Underneath that nice guy exterior is a very smart and calculating person and he knows better than anyone that he has landed the dream job in football. To give that up for the poisoned chalice of the England job would be complete madness. And Eddie Howe is definitely not mad.

I agree that he would be highly unlikely to take the job, but sane people do mad things in the name of patriotism.

41 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

I agree that he would be highly unlikely to take the job, but sane people do mad things in the name of patriotism.

Nah, only stupid people do mad things in the name of patriotism. Eddie isnt a stupid person.

I'd bet the FA could offer to treble his NUFC wages and he'd still not be tempted.

12 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Howe won’t go in a million years.

He has the ability and the resources to be the most successful English manager of all time.

Not a chance it will happen.

Of course there's a chance it could happen, it's not something you can talk about in absolutes. He would be very likely to be offered the job and there is a chance, however small, that he would take it.

4 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

It’s nice having a manager that it seems everyone is clamouring for. 

Shame they didn’t feel that way when we had Bruce. 

Quite enjoying everyone wrap themselves in knots about how we’re only good because of money but Howe would be #1 candidate.

For wor Eddie to go from Newcastle fans being rather lukewarm when he joined to clenching their butt-cheeks at the prospect of losing him to England tells you everything you need to know about the amazing year he's had, and the sky truly is the limit at Newcastle under these owners. He'd be mad to leave us.