Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Random comment. Wasnt sure where to post it.

I have watched almost every game in this world cup, and can honestly say - our football is better. 

I watch KDB walking aimlessly round. Spain passing backwards all day.

All the football is so safe. No runners. No forward passes. All about keeping shape.

Even Saka and Trippier weren't working because Trippier is on our wave length. Saka wasn't making any Almiron runs.

So, im summary. Newcastle is the best team in the world. We are so well coached.

I appreciate the work Almiron, Longstaff, Willock, Big Joe, Wilson et al do so much more now.

They give everything. They are constantly moving. 

And its all down to our boss man. 

Edited by arnonel

I’m sure plenty of fans are saying the same. International football is often really dull and slow. 

Massive mis-matches, players cobbled together for a few breaks per season to play a different style than what they are used to. A lot at stake in tournament matches or in qualifying, that make teams cautious. 

It does seem amplified in this WC. Which I can only guess is due to it being mid-season and possibly the heat? 

Enjoying it to a point. But I’d have club football back tomorrow if I could. 

37 minutes ago, arnonel said:

I have watched almost every game in this world cup, and can honestly say - our football is better. 

All the football is so safe. No runners. No forward passes. All about keeping shape.

Even Saka and Trippier weren't working because Trippier is on our wave length. Saka wasn't making any Almiron runs.

So, im summary. Newcastle is the best team in the world. We are so well coached.

I appreciate the work Almiron, Longstaff, Willock, Big Joe, Wilson et al do so much more now.

Cautious attitude has always been a thing with tournament football, if you're still in the competition you can still win it. Gambling with attacking football is too risky. Plus with players not given a chance to build chemistry in the team, club football will nearly always be better to watch, while international football is meant to pull on the emotions 

I've often wondered what would happen if a biggish nation like England when to consolidate all their best players at one club in a domestic setup like the Premier League, employing the same manager as the club in question, how they'd get on in the World Cup.

15 minutes ago, 54 said:

I've often wondered what would happen if a biggish nation like England when to consolidate all their best players at one club in a domestic setup like the Premier League, employing the same manager as the club in question, how they'd get on in the World Cup.

The closest you'd get to this is Athletic Bilbao, they have a few exceptions where some players went to play for France, and now Inaki is playing for Ghana. They'd probably do more than alright in the WC as 'Spain'. Better? Not sure, Spain have been exceptional for over a decade now.

It would be interesting from a footballing aspect if Spain devolved Pais Vasco to the point where they'd be recognised by FIFA and they formed a football federation that just elected Athletic as the defacto national team. Might help Bilbao keep their players if it's a route to their new 'national team', and they compete domestically and internationally.

2 hours ago, arnonel said:

I thought Japan's high press which has served them well is similar to ours but obviously without the quality we've got.

14 hours ago, HawK said:

The closest you'd get to this is Athletic Bilbao, they have a few exceptions where some players went to play for France, and now Inaki is playing for Ghana. They'd probably do more than alright in the WC as 'Spain'. Better? Not sure, Spain have been exceptional for over a decade now.

Didn't Jormany have pretty much just the Bayern Munich front 5 playing this year? Didn't go down too well mind :lol:

1 hour ago, prefabtoon said:

What's this crap being spouted by the so called in the know journalists.

Headline. Howe has 18 month left to prove himself. 

Otherwise someone like Klopp will get the job.

Don't they just love to stir the Shit with our club.:fool:

Source? 

5 hours ago, prefabtoon said:

What's this crap being spouted by the so called in the know journalists.

Headline. Howe has 18 month left to prove himself. 

Otherwise someone like Klopp will get the job.

Don't they just love to stir the Shit with our club.:fool:

A306F696-86B2-49BE-AD0B-F621EE2CCF11.thumb.jpeg.44545c27f5d231cde7e0886d89c44d12.jpeg