Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

He wasn't dreadful at all. He wasn't great and I can recall one occasion where it bounced straight off him for a throw, but he and Willock looked like the only ones capable of getting in behind at any point (and did so), at least before Maxi came on. He also got back and made some important defensive contributions. 

Genuinely don't think anyone was 'dreadful' tbh, though there was obviously no one who stood out for 90 minutes. Even Joelinton and Bruno - who had some brainfarts and are rightly getting stick - chipped in with tackles/dribbles/progressive passes. 

Guest reefatoon

That opportunity in the first half where he just needed to square it with his right foot and he fucked about and it went out. You have to have confidence in your other foot that you can be capable of playing a 3 yard square ball with it :lol: It was so infuriating. 

He was also nowhere near our best player either. I thought he would have been subbed at half time.

Edited by reefatoon

May be the drink talking but Almiron was crap and has been crap for while. Sounds daft when he was 11 goals to his name but he's so predictable it's untrue. Ball gets played to him on the right, foot on top of it, left, right, left, ball played backwards to Trippier or the nearest midfielder. It drives me mad, completely nullifies our right as an attacking threat. 

Watching the game back.

The goals conceded were so weak. Poor defending and a little unlucky. Leeds scored from their first attack of the game and their first attack after conceding. We needed to ride out both moments and failed.

The big thing for me was a lack of composure on the ball. Especially from Trippier and Bruno. Gave the ball away cheaply. Not trapping the ball etc.

I can't remember Leeds having much more than four serious attacks. These resulted in goal, pen, young lad having a mare slashes over, and goal.

To concede so much from so little pressure was very poor.

47 minutes ago, Stottie said:

I can't remember Leeds having much more than four serious attacks. These resulted in goal, pen, young lad having a mare slashes over, and goal.

What i miss about last seasons end of season team and earlier this season was our aggressive and ruthless defending. Our guys look so fucking passive now. If it’s not spurs at home it’s late and lethargic like today. No in betwen.  

How is it possible to conede that first goal in this kind of important game. Absolutely criminal and shocking defending. They had two players going for the header and we didn’t have a defender near enough even trying to challenge. 

11 minutes ago, Ikon said:

How is it possible to conede that first goal in this kind of important game. Absolutely criminal and shocking defending. They had two players going for the header and we didn’t have a defender near enough even trying to challenge. 

It might only have been Brentford when Toney was offside. So recency bias is clouding my view. But I said at the time, I feel like we’ve conceded this goal a lot this season. Static and slow to react to the second ball off a cross or set piece. 

Bournemouth away and West Ham at home from corners? Spurs? It’s like we are statues watching the first contact. Then still don’t move for the second. 

8 hours ago, Kanji said:

What i miss about last seasons end of season team and earlier this season was our aggressive and ruthless defending. Our guys look so fucking passive now. If it’s not spurs at home it’s late and lethargic like today. No in betwen.  

Wonder how much of that is to do with Longstaff being out. He does as much running as anyone off the ball and adds a bit of bite in midfield. The defence are missing that bit of extra industry in front of them I think.

I love Eddie but this quote is sooo David Brent :lol:

"I can’t repeat what he said but it makes you think ‘what if’. Nobody should have to feel their personal safety is violated when trying to entertain the country.”

3 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

It might only have been Brentford when Toney was offside. So recency bias is clouding my view. But I said at the time, I feel like we’ve conceded this goal a lot this season. Static and slow to react to the second ball off a cross or set piece. 

Bournemouth away and West Ham at home from corners? Spurs? It’s like we are statues watching the first contact. Then still don’t move for the second. 

We’ve started pretty badly in the last few games and weren’t punished. Was bound to catch up eventually sadly 

Of all the managers to have a go at on the touchline, one of the most calm and humble in the league. Let's not go after incendiary zebedee wankers like Klopp or Arteta, nah let's shove Eddie Howe, one of the least offensive blokes in history :lol:

13 hours ago, Stottie said:

No applied pressure either. Just weak goals.  Trippier made several mistakes leading to both goals too. 

1 hour ago, Sempiternal said:

We’ve started pretty badly in the last few games and weren’t punished. Was bound to catch up eventually sadly 

This is the frustrating thing. You can see it coming so we should mitigate it.  The first order of the day would be - keep the crowd quiet for 30 minutes. No cheap goals. No belief. Nothing to hang onto. 6 minutes - half an attack = goal. Frustrating man. 

Same thing once we went into the lead. Leeds and the crowd offered nothing for 11 minutes, we looked the more likely to score. HALF an attack = goal. 

The Brighton game is a good opportunity for Howe to show us what a good coach he is. Everyone knows how Brighton play and it is possible to negate their strengths as Everton did recently.  We will have a better idea after the match how high Eddie's ceiling is.