Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

12 minutes ago, Monters said:

Personally I don't want challenges being brought in - VAR should be used or not... Football is too fluid for challenges to work in the way cricket does which has a natural stop after every ball, plus you still see some ridiculous calls out of desperation just because they have challenges to use up...

I have always been in favour of VAR but currently a little dismayed how it's gone but agree that it is hear to stay

I would agree that's an issue but it's not like var now doesn't interrupt flow of the game this should less...

The gulf in class and composure between idiots like Arteta/Klopp and our awesome Eddie really is truly astounding, wouldn't swap Eddie for the world:

“We have asked for clarity, but the moment has gone, the decision has gone for us, but obviously, you're trying to help the game reach better decisions."

"Let the referee make a more independent decision based on the screen and the image that he's seeing." Howe admits he would welcome an apology from UEFA. He added "I don't think it's meaningless. If there is an acknowledgement that there was a mistake, that this was why the mistake happened, I think that's a good thing for the game. "We all make mistakes. I don't think we can look at football as if we're robots. I make mistakes. The players make mistakes. Referees make mistakes. It's part of the game. If I make a mistake to a player or any situation, I'll always apologise and hold my hand up to that mistake. I think that's important."

https://www.newcastleworld.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/uefa-respond-as-newcastle-united-lodge-complaint-over-psg-controversy-4430131

On our arses and we've so far beaten:

Aston Villa

Man City

PSG

Man Utd (twice)

Chelsea

Arsenal

Drawn with PSG and Milan away and were a daft few minutes from at least the same v Liverpool.

I know we weren't this injury ravaged for all of them, but fuck me.

This time 2 years we'd beaten no-one. :lol:

Schedule not getting much easier. Everton, Spurs, Milan up next, injured players need to start training asap. We may not be able start same 11 again and again and there is bench anymore. If Pope if off too I guess we have 3 GKs on next bench lol.

management needs to work overtime that January signings if any has to be here for Howe 1st of Jan 8am morning.

Fantastic week behind us 3 huge games and great results apart from a cheat pen in CL. but we need to make it count by beating Everton and then getting something vs Spurs who has similar injury issues like us.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

On our arses and we've so far beaten:

Aston Villa

Man City

PSG

Man Utd (twice)

Chelsea

Arsenal

Drawn with PSG and Milan away and were a daft few minutes from at least the same v Liverpool.

I know we weren't this injury ravaged for all of them, but fuck me.

This time 2 years we'd beaten no-one. :lol:

Imagine Bruce with this squad we have man. We would be holding the table up

40 minutes ago, 54 said:

12 injuries, a bare 11, a 17 year old starting in CM, and we've only just beat dominated Chelsea and Man United, and got fighting point away at PSG. 

Some lad.

Honestly this run with a barebones squad is perhaps the most impressed I’ve been with him. Can hardly name a bench but the way he can still get them to essentially have maximum points in the last three games (PSG pen farce aside). :slowclap:

i really dont know what ten hag does. Their good form last season seemed fairly sensible pragmatic stuff of solid defense and some efficient goal scoring, but it was still kinda counter attacking footy. Does ten hag want to control games? they don't seem to, do they want to press high? they don't seem to, do they want to sit back and defend? again they don't seem to. 

3 minutes ago, alexf said:

Defo got Ten Hag's number now. That's 3 in a row. Shame the cup final came before that, when we were in a rough patch of form, but since then he has totally bossed his opposite number :D

Legit just remembered @Beren was at the final.

@Shak