Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

We've seen nothing but excellent decisions from the owners and the board regarding football matters. There hasn't been the slightest suggestion that they are anything but 100% behind Howe and the staff. The talk of the likes of Mourinho being lined up as a replacement is entirely press generated by journalists with no track record of being close to those who are in a position to make that decision. Howe's made some mistakes this season, and we've had a bad performance the day but we've also had some desperately unlucky moments in huge games. We'll get past this, we've a brilliant manager who has worked wonders in such a short time that some people are losing their sense of balance. Support the team and the people who've already brought us some magical moments. This is the time to be United. Howay The Lads !!     

9 minutes ago, WideopenMag said:

Think that's a load of bollocks, out of Europe, outside the top 4 people have been more than reasonable and understanding on the whole.  Minging performances against Bournemouth,Everton, Luton and the performances are called out.

You thought the terrible stats against Luton were bollocks as well.  You need to broaden your horizons sweet pea. 

Losing to Sunderland away wouldn't be even remotely embarrassing. It would be shite and the craic will be lifting, but the odds of it happening aren't exactly long.

The season is a write off at this point, atleast from where we hoped we would be at the start.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

The season is a write off at this point, atleast from where we hoped we would be at the start.

I don’t think it is. Most would have Top 6 and a cup as a pretty good follow on season to last year. I think that’s why so much hangs on the mackems game.

One line that stood out for me from the Amazon doc was Dan Ashworth saying something to the effect of "next season will be a lot harder," during a Zoom call to the owners about whatever subject. 

We were always going to hit a rough patch this season. There was no earthly way we would sustain the same dramatic upwards curve from the prior 18 months; and that's before we factor in a generational injury crisis. 

Howe's tactical inflexibility is fair game for debate, but everything else you might critique about the team this season has a massive and absolving asterisk imo.  

13 minutes ago, Dokko said:

No nufc manager should be losing to the mackems, especially when they are a division below and in a crisis of their own. It would be one of the most embarrassing moments in the 40 odd years supporting the club. He loses that, he's done here. I don't see how he comes back from that. I'd personally never forgive him, liken any manager who has done so before him. 

Not arsed about today, or forest and certainly Liverpool. I wasn't much fussed on Chelsea either. I'm not expecting us to win atm. All the life has been sucked out of us. I'm fatigued talking about their fatigue. Personally think there's a lot of excuses being made for him and the team atm. No excuses will be enough if he loses to sunderland. Win or draw that then I'm happy to write this season off, finish too ten and grt some serious investment in the next few windows. This time, maybe spread out the funds instead of lumping it all on 3 players. We need a squad.

Lot of respect for you as a poster, but that's mad, sorry. Anything can happen in a one off game, especially one that will have the unique pressure of a derby game. After everything he's done for us so far it would be crazy to have it all hinge on what is ultimately one game.

We're certainly short of confidence at the moment at not playing anywhere near the standards we've been blessed with the past 2 years but there's not a single atom of me that sees this as any of Howe's doing.

No club could plan for the sheer number of injuries we've had this year and no club could sustain the quality of football we've played historically with those injuries. 

We have a really big January window coming up. 

Howe has had his hands tied behind his back for weeks now regarding our injuries.

Chances are he's spotted a way to exploit the opposition in games but he's just had no one to bring off the bench to exploit it apart from defenders and Matt Ritchie.

The likes of Willock,Barnes,Tonali, and Murphy have been a huge miss for how he wants to play and the intestity he wants to play at. 

Edited by Scotty66

Losing to the mackems is hard to recover from as an NUFC manager, in recent times only Robson recovered in my opinion.

I certainly wouldn’t want us firing a manager on the back of losing to them cunts they’d love it. However, this is massive for Howe to keep things on track and moving forward in the grand scheme.

Love him, no idea what sort of business we’ll do in January but I just hope he has proper options in the new year with players coming back. We’ve massively missed our wide players. I wasn’t all in on having needed a RW in the summer but I am now, whether it’s this window or the upcoming summer

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We deserve failure if we turn on Howe at any point in the near future TBH. Thick as mince. 

People definitely need to keep a hold, but losing to the mackems would provoke a meltdown of unprecedented levels.

We all need to keep the bigger picture in mind and though I do think he has some flaws, he’s undoubtedly the best man for us in the foreseeable.

I know the bedwetters will be out in full force if we do lose to the mackems, but I have faith in the ownership/decision makers.

Honestly think Eddie only starts to come under real pressure from above if we continue to spend in the Summer (which we will), and find ourselves in a similar position this time next season. Which is highly unlikely. Team should be stronger, with more depth. Let's be honest, we won't be in CL. Potentially Europa or Conference, both of which would allow us to rotate in the group way more than a CL campaign does. 

I’m not defending it but it’s long way back for Eddie if we lose to them. Injuries mitigate but failing in 4 competitions and the season being over by January is tough to defend. We spent a lot of money in the summer to go so far backwards.

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

People definitely need to keep a hold, but losing to the mackems would provoke a meltdown of unprecedented levels.

We all need to keep the bigger picture in mind and though I do think he has some flaws, he’s undoubtedly the best man for us in the foreseeable.

We have an extremely dodgy run of games after Forest. If he loses that Sunderland fixture, it's realistic we also get nothing from Liverpool away, City home and Villa away. If all of those results go against us I can see a chunk of our fanbase turning on him unfortunately. 

41 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Howe has had his hands tied behind his back for weeks now regarding our injuries.

Chances are he's spotted a way to exploit the opposition in games but he's just had no one to bring off the bench to exploit it apart from defenders and Matt Ritchie.

The likes of Willock,Barnes,Tonali, and Murphy have been a huge miss for how he wants to play and the intestity he wants to play at. 

I don't buy this mind, we find a way quite comfortably at home. Since the start of the season, the pressing and starting on the front foot has been missing, which is the exact opposite to home games. If it was just down to injuries then the home form would also be affected. I'm not for one minute saying Howe out, but it's quite reasonable for him to be questioned.

Edited by et tu brute

1 minute ago, OpenC said:

I find it almost as hard to understand those who will still brook no criticism of him whatsoever as those who already think he's on borrowed time. 

100%. Reality is in the middle.

Edited by Ronaldo

I think that maybe we got off to too good a start. Champions league and draw with Milan, hammer PGS then knock Man City and Man U out of the cup. Players must have been walking on air and then we start losing.  Not just losing but playing poorly and they don't seem to have picked themselves up. I know we've had a bad run on injuries but most of our so called reserves would be good enough to get in the teams of the bottom clubs. Everyone knew it was going to be tough but maybe some of the players didn't realise just how tough