Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

24 minutes ago, BShearer said:

hard to see much better signings/transfer kitty available next summer if we dont make CL and get that extra revenue in. we do need CL revenue. without that we need to build up much better sponsor revenue which is also easier with being a regular CL club.

the Sela shirt deal and CL revenue together allowed us to spend relatively high for Tonali, Barnes, Livramento, Hall few contract renewals etc plus the income for Maxi.

take CL revenue out of that and it could be tight.

We do not need CL football rightaway. We can get sponsor and commercial income by just working like any other football team, not like it was under Ashley. I will guess we will spend near 100 million next summer, less if we use part of it in this January

57 minutes ago, BShearer said:

hard to see much better signings/transfer kitty available next summer if we dont make CL and get that extra revenue in. we do need CL revenue. without that we need to build up much better sponsor revenue which is also easier with being a regular CL club.

the Sela shirt deal and CL revenue together allowed us to spend relatively high for Tonali, Barnes, Livramento, Hall few contract renewals etc plus the income for Maxi.

take CL revenue out of that and it could be tight.

Are you not forgetting the adidas kit deal, this seasons champions league money and several smaller sponsorships announced this year. 

Edited by et tu brute

If howe where to get the boot at some point who do you think the board would look at? Would it be an ancelotti type good football experienced winner or maybes a mourinho type boring football but experienced or a de zerbi type good football. I want howe to stay was just wondering what yous all thought. 

Edited by andycap

13 minutes ago, andycap said:

If howe where to get the boot at some point who do you think the board would look at? Would it be an ancelotti type good football experienced winner or maybes a mourinho type boring football but experienced or a de zerbi type good football. I want howe to stay was just wondering what yous all thought. 

Pep isn't renewing after 2025. 

35 minutes ago, andycap said:

You would hope they’d stay clear of your Mourinho types and go for someone like De Zerbi, the Feyernoord manager or the bloke at Sporting Lisbon Amorim.

38 minutes ago, andycap said:

It's precisely for that reason I don't see Howe being sacked any time soon. None of those have made that convincing a case that they would be any better. Winning trophies in the distant past doesn't mean all that much, and De Zerbi has still to prove himself every bit as much as Howe.

Far too soon to be even contemplating it as of now.

1 hour ago, andycap said:

I remember seeing a photo when the Saudis first took over of Bin Salman having a meal in London with Jose Mourinho. If Howe did leave it would definitely be Mourinho. .

It would be Jose Mourinho. His contract is ending, his work at Roma has finished, his relationship with Saudis, and his record re trophies. 

Not that I want him here instead of Howe. I want Howe to learn his lesson and make a comeback. Just that if he is unable to do so and got the axe, I can see the Saudis to go for Jose

39 minutes ago, Zero said:

It would be Jose Mourinho. His contract is ending, his work at Roma has finished, his relationship with Saudis, and his record re trophies. 

Not that I want him here instead of Howe. I want Howe to learn his lesson and make a comeback. Just that if he is unable to do so and got the axe, I can see the Saudis to go for Jose

Wt actual f is this bullshit

20 hours ago, Cronky said:

I can’t speak for what went on at Bournemouth, but last season with us, thanks to clever tactics and good mental preparation, he overachieved massively with the squad he had.

It helped that we were relatively free of significant injuries and fixture congestion, but over the last few weeks we’ve had both. The modest quality of some of our players has been exposed and the lack of preparation time and options have prevented Eddie from using his considerable skills. 

It’s not like we had a great side that suddenly looks ordinary. We had an ordinary side that Eddie made look great. Unless we are able to play at our peak, a lot of our methods don’t work well.

This may be what’s behind the ‘streaks’

Just wanted to add to this post.

Eddie did mention the lack of training time in a recent interview, and I think that he does rely a lot on good, detailed training to get the most out of his players. He's very thorough in this area.

In his time here, I've never quite been able to figure out why we don't concede more goals, because the back four lacks pace and no-one in the midfield is a good tackler. The answer has to be in the area of organisation, and Eddie has lately had to deal with the double whammy of limited training time, and a back four plus keeper that has not been the stable unit that we managed to maintain last season.

In this respect, I'm intrigued and mildly encouraged to see how we do against Liverpool. Eventual defeat is likely of course, but I'm hoping we'll be tougher to break down than in recent games.

Edited by Cronky

2 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

People need to stop with the Mourinho talk. The more you mention his name the more likely it’ll fucking manifest. 

I'd have Bruce levels of apathy to watching us if that happened 

I categorically do not want Eddie Howe to be replaced by Jose Mourinho but I wouldn't feel apathetic if he was next off the conveyor. He's generally a tedious bore and it would end in tears eventually, but I don't think you can rule-out the concept of it just clicking for him here. For him to have achieved consecutive European finals with Roma, he's still clearly got something about him. 

16 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I categorically do not want Eddie Howe to be replaced by Jose Mourinho but I wouldn't feel apathetic if he was next off the conveyor. He's generally a tedious bore and it would end in tears eventually, but I don't think you can rule-out the concept of it just clicking for him here. For him to have achieved consecutive European finals with Roma, he's still clearly got something about him. 

The difference in football going from Howe to Mourinho. :lol: You absolutely do not want Mourinho. It's miserable.

18 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

He’s been finished for years imo, the whole structure of our club is not suited to him, he would be a disaster here.

I really believe the missing training is key to our recent failures. Players need coaching. The cabbage era showed us real time what happens when players aren’t coached. There’s no excuses when we return to “normal” and the injury crisis wanes and I fully expect us to revert to business as usual. 

2 hours ago, RS said:

I really believe the missing training is key to our recent failures. Players need coaching. The cabbage era showed us real time what happens when players aren’t coached. There’s no excuses when we return to “normal” and the injury crisis wanes and I fully expect us to revert to business as usual. 

Can someone explain the missing training story please?

I saw it referred to a few times after the Forest game but must have missed when Howe mentioned it. 

Nay idea why there's even an utterance of a potential Howe departure. He's the personification of hard work, professionalism, and ambition. The man should be our Alex Ferguson - here for the long term.

There's obviously frustration from our current poor run of form, but supporters in general need to remember where we were just a few years ago. In a football sense, the fact that Ashley, Pardew, Bruce et al are gone should still be a massive cause of celebration. 

Edited by Guybrush

2 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Can someone explain the missing training story please?

I saw it referred to a few times after the Forest game but must have missed when Howe mentioned it. 

It's been more of a comment/point made in a few pressers. Howe has indicated that due to the fixture schedule they haven't spent time working on things on the training ground with the focus has been on recovery ready to go again.

Think the lack of a full squad has meant a team vs a team in training is impossible, Howe also said a few times last year they train like they play which I would imagine is impossible when handling knocks and fatigue.