Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

12 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Because it happened throughout the takeover as well.

agree that the leak was poor form, especially on a champions league gam,e day. emery will have been fuming.

board needs to learn and move on.

need to try not too hard in getting the local media onside by feeding them stuff like this.

we need to know when its done and signed off, whoever it is.

23 minutes ago, Chicane said:
3 minutes ago, STM said:

Fans: "Tell me now, I want to know now!!!!"

Same fans: "Wew, your not supposed to actually tell us you amateurs!"

[emoji38]

"Why haven't they got football people making these decisions!?"

<Attempt to hire football people>

"You idiots, football people need to be hiring football people omgwtf"

Edited by elbee909

There’s been a lot of pant pissing around the Bruce sacking and time it’s taken to find a successor which I think is unjustified, but this carry on doesn’t reflect well on those running the club. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say they’ve mugged themselves off here.

In the space of a few hours Emery went from saying on camera that he'd had no contact to twitter reports saying he was unsure about the structure and unhappy about leaks. So either Emery or the journo was telling porkies.

There's clearly some games being played at the Spanish end. Maybe he's bottled it, maybe he's positioning himself for more money because we're wealthy and desperate, maybe it's all just twitter bollocks.

Time will tell.

Edited by bobbydazzla

I think we all assumed that the club had told Emery they were going to leak the news yesterday before he took a Champions League game with Villarreal.

If not, then that is worrying and not professional in the slightest.

Hopefully Balague is taking shite like.

Just now, christ said:

There’s been a lot of pant pissing around the Bruce sacking and time it’s taken to find a successor which I think is unjustified, but this carry on doesn’t reflect well on those running the club. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say they’ve mugged themselves off here.

The press have been saying they've been interviewing multiple manager candidates for the job, which isn't an easy job by any means.  

They've decided on Emery, I'm being brutally honest here I actually don't see what they've done wrong*

*apart from potential leaks that is.

34 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

Just wondering if anyone who said “it’s definitely not Fonseca” ever said *why* it’s not Fonseca?

Just seems that, if Eddie Howe is the backup, surely we should reconsider The Fonz?

He was never on the shortlist for appointments.

Just now, Charlies said:

The press have been saying they've been interviewing multiple manager candidates for the job, which isn't an easy job by any means.  

They've decided on Emery, I'm being brutally honest here I actually don't see what they've done wrong*

What they've done wrong is taking so long over it. If they're dithering because they don't know who they want then it's on them. If they're being turned down left right and centre, thats a bit different, but nothing that couldn't be fixed by waving a bit more cash.

The fact that Tottenham sacked Santo and had Conte in in less than 2 days rubs it in a bit.

1 minute ago, Charlies said:

Compare and contrast spurs sacking nuno and hiring conte. Yes circumstances are different but still, if we’re gonna be big time, we have to do things in a big time way. Charnley should be nowhere near this regardless of anything else and according to the athletic he’s doing the negotiations :lol:

The only thing I do find concerning is the backup to Emery being Howe, the drop from Emery to Howe is pretty big, surely they could find someone in the middle ground

Still, at least Howe knows how to get a team promoted from The Championship, that's likely to come in handy 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Absolutely everywhere is reporting he’s saying at Villarreal now. 

Feels like there’s a lot of piggy backing going on from the original story though rather than it being more likely than it was earlier.

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

What they've done wrong is taking so long over it. If they're dithering because they don't know who they want then it's on them. If they're being turned down left right and centre, thats a bit different, but nothing that couldn't be fixed by waving a bit more cash.

The fact that Tottenham sacked Santo and had Conte in in less than 2 days rubs it in a bit.

Not a fair comparison at all, they are an established club with clearly established roles

We only last month had a shit owner, with a shit manager and seemingly one person in a senior position (Charnley) who is shit too

All of that needs sorting, Spurs don't have to deal with any of that 

People just have an obsession with being negative, unfortunately.

The fact is that we have businesspeople without football experience who, less than a month ago, had a deal sprung on them very quickly picking up a club & team in the mire. As fans, we struggle to afford time, but they're not going to think like we do and nor should they.

If we've learnt anything about this consortium it's that they don't give up. Anyone who thought this would be absolutely perfect from the off was off their rocker. I'm confident they'll get it right but not necessarily first time. 

We don't demand a board that wins, we demand a board that tries!

Marca seems to have independently confirmed that he's staying, along the same lines as other reports.

They also add that Emery didn't appreciate the leaks from NUFC, which compromised his standing at Villarreal right before a CL game.

Edited by Village Idiot